Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Believes He Will Go Down In History At Real Madrid But Says He - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Believes He Will Go Down In History At Real Madrid But Says He (445 Views)

Ansu Fati Becomes Youngest Goalscorer In UCL History At 17 Years / Kylian Mbappe Makes History At The World Cup As Cristiano Ronaldo Crashed Out / Essam El-Hadary, Egypt Goalkeeper Oldest Player In World Cup History At 45 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Believes He Will Go Down In History At Real Madrid But Says He by Sportspice: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo believes he will go down in history at Real Madrid but says he does not consider himself to be "a galactico". The Portugal ace has scored 40 goals in all competitions to help Madrid to a second Champions League final in a row and claim their first La Liga title since 2012.
Ronaldo netted the winning penalty in the shoot-out when Madrid won the Champions League against Atletico Madrid last season and scored from the spot when they beat their city rivals in the 2014 showpiece.
However, he says he has not considered any specific preparation for Saturday's match in Cardiff, when he will attempt to find a way past the imperious Juventus defence and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.
"I'm not a typical player who likes to look at videos because I think that things come naturally. Obviously it's important to know one or two points but not to obsess," he said.
"For example, in penalties, thinking about which side you shoot more towards: when you're there, a lot of things go through your head and it's one moment to decide. It's instinct. And that's why I don't really like to plan what I'm going to do.
"A penalty in the final? It's not fear. I like to take risks. It's a calculated risk, not life or death. I can score or miss.
"But I'm not going to miss. You have to think positively. That's the difference between good players, very good players and galacticos.
"I don't consider myself a galactico. But I consider myself a player who has created history in Manchester, Madrid and with the national team." Ronaldo: I'm not a galactico 25 - Cristiano Ronaldo has become the second player to score 25+ goals in eight La Liga seasons in a row, after Lionel Messi. Monster. Ronaldo also insists he will never be an out-and-out striker and admits that he prefers playing in a 4-4-2 system.
The 32-year-old has developed into more of a centre-forward during Zinedine Zidane's time in charge at Santiago Bernabeu and has often been partnered in attack with Karim Benzema this season.
Posted by Sportspices at 12:34

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Believes He Will Go Down In History At Real Madrid But Says He by Bowwow11(m): 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
a legend footballer

(1) (Reply)

Claude Puel Has Been Sacked As Coach Of Southampton. / .... / Bournemouth Seals Club Record Deal For Nathan Ake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.