Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover (1215 Views)

Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. / movies that can scare you to death updated 28/6/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover by forreelinc(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Have you ever been in this situation where you see a movie trailer and you think its going to be crap but then you watch it and it's the sh*t grin
Here are seven movies that taught me never to judge a book by its cover

6. Godzilla
After seeing pacific rim some years back I saw the trailer for Godzilla and i was like mtchew anoda bullsht 3D cinema movie that I am so gonna avoid until I watched the bluray one day outta boredom and boy oh boy was I impressed
The Godzilla in this movie was depicted with so much mystery and terror just the way I like,the military running around doing damage control makes this the best mix of action disaster and sci fi flick I have ever seen
5 Vacation
Vacation is a movie about a frustrated man who forces his wife and two kids to go on a road trip with him and they have alotta misadventures along the way. Upon typing this I'm sleeping already cos this just describes the billion road trip movies out there but this one stands out becos its R rated which means matured jokes that are funnier anyway,creativity in the episodes of misadventures they have I.e swimming in sht or almost dying in a raft ride/suicide and great cameos from actors I really like and now I can beat my chest and stand by vacation 100%
4 Blackhat
Upon seeing its score on rotten tomatoes and inability to surpass its budget,the only reason why I saw this movie was becos it was directed by Michael Mann.O boy I am glad to say I was not disappointed, the movie was well paced it had the most realistic depiction of cyber crimes and brilliant cinematography sad was a lil disappointed with the ending but I will still see this movie over and over again
3 Gambit
This was also the victim of bad reviews and low earnings which made me think this movie was going to be really bad. Upon watching it, I laffed my head off. Colin firth and Alan Rickman totally stole the show undecided Cameron Diaz was ok I guess
but didn't really get to do much
2 Run all night
Remember that movie where liam neeson fought common in a burning building? Yep yours truly actually thot that movie was going to be like taken 3 and nonstop so he avoided it till he had nothing else to watch and when he was done with it he clapped his hands becos it was a classic tale on judgement.God what didn't this movie have? Great actors? Tremendous storyline with depth? Great action scenes? Realism? Apparently the world had my judgemental orientation upon seeing it was a liam neeson movie I guess that will explain how this masterpiece didn't rake in enof cash at the cinema
1 Sleepless
In fact this was the reason why I created this thread, I saw the ad for this movie and I felt eh it will just be anoda die hard like movie,it was released in limited cinemas and didn't even make provision for critical screening.
Upon watching the movie, its really not all that realistic, but man the pacing the action scenes and the plot? Oh my God I really enjoyed sleepless I don't know how they did it man but I enjoyed the sht out of this movie

So tell me have you ever been in a situation like this?
Re: 6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover by Radiohead6(f): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Get out! Awesome trust me
Re: 6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover by forreelinc(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Radiohead6:
Get out! Awesome trust me
Get out? Seriously I still don't get what people see in that movie o
Re: 6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover by Radiohead6(f): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
forreelinc:

Get out? Seriously I still don't get what people see in that movie o
Its Plot twist was so unexpected
Re: 6 Movies That teach You Not To Judge A Book By Its Cover by forreelinc(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2017
Radiohead6:
Its Plot twist was so unexpected

Well I guess it was kinda good I was just looking forward to a high body count and a clever way of making the switch I guess

(1) (Reply)

Effiong Ekpenyong (double E) Reacts To Ceecee Insulting Party Dress / Download Full Movie Birds Of Prey 2020 Hdrip / Ip Man: The Awakening (2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.