Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You (674 Views)

Is This Job Interview Real? / How To Nail Every Job Interview / Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You by kessdan: 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
Receiving a text or mail inviting one for an interview has always given job seekers a burst of hope. Some would jump in excitement, enthusiastic and appreciative that finally somebody has considered their application. Others however, after scrutinizing the text a number of times, would continue with their business indifferent, because according to them, "no be today".
Fast forward to the night before the interview- perusal of interview tips, how tos and google searches-, to the D-day- the time spent in the waiting room before being called in-, to then the actual Interview.
Question after question, answer after answer- sometimes lies after lies- the interview progresses. the duration varies but one thing that is common to all interviews is the final line-which usually comes from the interviewer- 'WE WOULD GET BACK TO YOU"".

However worthy of note is the fact that that never happens and the interviewee is usually left wondering what happened?. lol

Now, HOW MANY INTERVIEWS HAVE YOU BEEN PROMISED A " We would get back to you"? . How many actually gave you feedback positive or negative?. Is that sentence just a cliche?.
Why can't interviewers just tell you whether you got the job or not?
Re: Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Would have loved to explain, but sleep oo..
Tomorrow sha.. remind me!!
Let me show you how to break that "We will get back to you line"

1 Like

Re: Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You by Ifeshyne(f): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Would have loved to explain, but sleep oo..

Tomorrow sha.. remind me!!

Let me show you how to break that "We will get back to you line"
Following and patiently waiting
Re: Job Interview: We Would Get Back To You by kehnton(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
They cannot possibly tell the applicant they've got the job except they've interviewed everyone and found the applicant the best candidate out of them all. Otherwise, its diplomatic to make that statement, we will get back to you!

(1) (Reply)

Delivery Agents Urgently Needed! / Urgent Recruitment At Arichris Agency Intl Ltd, Onitsha / Mobil Apprentice Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.