Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. (601 Views)

'One Chance' Pickpockets Caught In Abuja (Photos) / How This Yahoo Boy's Format Was Foiled By His Smart "Client" / Notorious Pickpockets Meet Their Waterloo At The Hands Of Pupils In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. by sosexy111: 12:30am On Jun 03, 2017
So last week Tuesday around 10 am, this friend of mine boarded a bus at coker express heading to Oshodi. He sat at the front seat with another guy already seated.

According to him, while their bus was in motion, the conductor started opening and closing the front door claiming it was faulty, he told my friend to help him hold the door firmly and he did while the conductor pretended to be adjusting it.

Few minutes later they got to Sanya bus stop and the conductor told him that his fare to Toyota bus stop is 200 naira but my friend declined that he won't pay it ( for those that takes that route frequently knows that the normal amount to that place is 100 naira) the conductor told him to alight if he won't pay 200. My friend stepped down from the vehicle and the car zoomed off. He immediately realized as he wanted to bring out his phone from his jean pocket that it was gone, then it dawned on him that they were pickpockets. He looked left and right, then realized they dropped him far from Sanya bus stop so he won't be able to get a bike to follow them.luckily for him another yellow bus stopped beside him while a passenger alighted. He rushed in, explained to the driver and passengers in the bus pointing at the bus speeding in front that he was just robbed, he promised to settle everyone incase anyone wants to stop at a point. Out of pity, they all agreed and the driver zoomed off in hot pursuit to the other bus unknowing to them.

They kept moving though at a time, my friend became confused as to which bus due to the constant overtaking of their bus by other yellow buses but one guy at the front already marked the bus and they kept pursuing the bus.

The bus finally stopped st Cele express to pick another passenger/victim thinking they have succeeded in their previous mission, my friend and their bus reached and overtook the bus and stopped at a very reasonable distance. My friend rushed out of the bus, went and lifted a very big heavy stone and started running back to those miscreant's bus (he said his intention was to hit their windscreen first and start shouting "ole" of course the next scenario would have been their bus been set ablaze like they did one the previous week) before arresting them coupled with the police station located at that bus stop. But as my friend was running hurriedly towards them, lo and behold! The conductor ran towards him from the bus, met up with him halfway to their bus and handed over his phone to him with two hands begging him with " sir abeg see your phone, no vex abeg" as he collected his phone, he was about dragging the boy by his shirt but in a split second, the bus appeared beside them and the conductor jumped in and they zoomed off before he could reach out to grab the guy lol.

It's a brave move shaa. I was all smiling when he told me this encounter. I applauded his boldness, bravery and sharpness because during my own time, I was just screaming and looking for who would pity me.

Soon I will tell you guys an interesting story of how my phone was snatched and I got it back later.

Goodnight peeps.

Its still me CHOCOLATEME
CHOCOLATE CREAM.
Re: My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. by colbankz(m): 12:38am On Jun 03, 2017
ha @last ftc.....by the way op nice story/lie .....anyway u need smffin to cul ya body

Re: My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. by consultancy: 12:40am On Jun 03, 2017
this happens a lot on that route. anoda style they use is this: the pickpocket would place a bag, nylon, cloth or anything big enough to cover his laps and a bit or urs, den he would place one of his hands ontop, and the oda one under. that hand under then goes straight to your pocket. you would never knw whats going on under the bag.

2007 i was walking bk frm Suru Alaba where i went to repair a ps2, to Coker bustop. one hand holdin d console, d oda holdin d game pad. a man runs up to me, clings to my trousers shoutin, "i go carry ds ur trouser go house, i like am, i go carry am go house". i shrugged him off with my knee, as both hands were occupied, and walked on. i didnt knw in dat split second, he had tactfully removed d red nokia phone in my pocket. it was when i turned to look at him again,dat i saw him mounting a bike that was waiting already, with my red phone in his hands. i screamed "my phone", and d guy quietly climbed down frm d bike, gave me my phone, climbed bk on d bike and they zoomed off. i was transfixed on d spot for over 20 seconds, trying to figure out what just happened. that was many years ago sha. years of experiencing such tins have made us knw a lot of their tricks

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Encounter With Pickpockets And His Smart Reaction. by teelaw4life(m): 5:42am On Jun 03, 2017
You guys should keep revealing their tricks abeg. If there's anything the lazy Nigerian is good at, it is finding innovative ways to engage in crime.

When i move along that route, it is with a small purse-like bag. I don't keep anything in my pocket and only death and God can pull a fast one on me to get anything out of that bag.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

End Time Pregnancy / Update On The Ikorodu Ritual Killing: Nigerian Pastor, Buries Head At Church’s A / Photo Of 8 Arrested For Diverting Unilever Goods Into A Warehouse At Okokomaiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.