Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff (24929 Views)

Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria / Supreme Court Voids Mobil’s Sack Of 860 Nigerian Staff, 18 Years After / Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Paperwhite(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2017
[quote author=Fesisko post=57143826]I feel very bad for the affected staffs. for the recession, [/b]when your take home can't even take you home[b]. grin grin cheesy
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by KingGBsky(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2017
chinybelle:
My ladies Arise and Shine What hairstyle are you making this weekend?
Head here and pick a weavon https://www.nairaland.com/3670197/chinybelle-hair-nairaland-sales-outlet
Human hairs and wigs Very soft and durable 100℅ Super affordable Nationwide Delivery Join us on Instagram @chinybelle_hair
Superb weekend to us all.... kiss
I need one for my girl friend in borno state.

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by KingGBsky(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2017
prigoz:
With this Economic hardship, people ate being sacked. I pity those people but I hope they are compensated

Yes they really ate being sacked.
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by KingGBsky(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2017
Myself2:
ThiefNubuu is no longer impressed with their work as they no longer abuse Jonathan everyday,so they've become boring......or could it be the fact that they alired part of the botched APC local govt primaries in which ThiefNubuu told the rest APC candidates to forget about their ambition that he has written down a list of his zombies that will be local govt chairmen and the people protested I'm sure it's one of the two,either way congrats to the sacked workers,your god has just shown you part of his real colour

what is this one saying?

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by holluphemydavid(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Even Tinubu they sack up to that kind of number.

Later they will say they are creating jobs
Dat also beat my imagination

2 Likes

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by holluphemydavid(m): 7:52am On Jun 03, 2017
Tinubu but why nau
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by aksule(m): 7:53am On Jun 03, 2017
Rather unfortunate for the affected staffers. No man should rejoice over the misfortune of a fellow human being. However, this is how millions of Nigerians are being thrown out of their jobs citing 16 years of misrule. I doubt very much if those whose jobs are taken away those already in the labor market will buy this advertisement of 16years or corruption fighting in good spirits. Possibly that's the change. Yes change

2 Likes

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by BigBrother9ja: 8:01am On Jun 03, 2017
taylor88:
sack is sack

affected felas enjoy the recession u all voted for
When you're Jobless and frustrated...
Online mumu

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Adebayo4all: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2017
Self employment rocks
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by ACE1010: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2017
Na today?? Its fraud!! That's d statement they always use!! "Repositioning and for better service delivery". Rubbish!!

2 Likes

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by NicoBaba(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2017
DieBuhari:
I am sure 95% of them are Yorubas.

They brought this upon themselves.
7:25am n u already dis stupid!.... lawd knows wat u gon be by 2pm

MAD!
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by adekunleme(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2017
useless politicians here and there....restructuring by mass sacking of staff God dey.

2 Likes

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Change Zombies experiencing Apocalypse.
Call me when Unemployment induced Hunger resets their political leaning towards common sense and equity.
Even Jagaban, they see something!

145 Ewedu gobblers are currently contemplating selling Gala and Lacasera at Maryland.
Without prejudice, that is.

angry
Why are you so mean
Anyway, the are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by idris4eva(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2017
145 join we wey don dey ground

God if electing buhari is the son Nigerians committed

Kindly forgive us and restore peace back to these country

IYA Yi PO o
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by omoiyamayor(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2017
taylor88:

they don chop this one brain

Ur turn will come and try come share how u feel here back thinking ass

RIP my nigga
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by tiwiex(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2017
omoiyamayor:
you are too cruel you.

Na true na. The promised heaven and earth. Even with them in power na sack dem dey sack. This government just scatter our setting.

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by iluvdonjazzy: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2017
taylor88:
sack is sack

affected felas enjoy the recession u all voted for
my brother, i tire o
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by countryfive: 9:03am On Jun 03, 2017
majority of their workforce are yorubas. do they think they know it all? make them learn from channels television.

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by countryfive: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2017
majority of their workforce are yorubas. do they think they know it all? make them learn from channels television which still remains the best in nigeria. no tribe can succeed alone without other tribes in dis country.

and for 145 , too bad kia no go let them hawk gala and lacacera for under bridge.
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by almarthins(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2017
omoiyamayor:
you are too cruel you.

My brother, you can imagine how humane has left our people. If person no get smtin to say e go quiet no be just to talk. American voted trump , how many Americans u hear say e dey lament. This our people eh !

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Thisis2raw(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2017
holluphemydavid:

Dat also beat my imagination
my brother we doomed in this nation of ours
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by poik(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2017
kolafolabi:
Lagos – The Board of Continental Broadcasting Services Ltd (CBS), owners of Television Continental (TVC), and Radio Continental, on Friday laid off 145 staff. A statement issued by the management of the media outfit said the decision was part of its effort to restructure the enterprises. According to the statement, the restructuring is geared towards repositioning the business for better and greater delivery of its services to its audiences and advertisers. The organisation explained that in line with the changes, it would reconfigure its workforce, as part of the rationale to achieve its objectives. “A total of 145 people are affected by Friday’s announcement,’’ the statement said. “We wish to make clear that our core channels consisting of TVC News Nigeria, TVC Entertainment and Radio Continental, will now become the main focus of our business going forward, where we will deliver high quality news and entertainment programmes to our audiences and advertisers across Nigeria and beyond. “The winding down of TVC News Africa will allow us to concentrate on these key areas of our business,” it added. The statement explained that the CBS Board of Directors has also approved a substantial new investment in its staff across the group of companies which would enable it to substantially enhance its news and current affairs output on TVC News, entertainment programming on the market, TVC general entertainment channel and its key radio asset, Radio Continental. “For those staff members affected by today’s announcement, the Board of CBS Ltd has approved a generous severance package, in addition to a programme of assistance to enable them seek new employment,’’ the statement said. The media outfit is reportedly owned by Chief Bola Tinubu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governor of Lagos State. Officials of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the Radio, Television and Theatre Workers Union of Nigeria (RATTAWU) could not be reached on telephone, as at the time of this report, as calls and text messages to their mobile lines were not answered.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/tvc-explains-sack-of-145-staff/

Why do I feel the workers were being owed before this sack?
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by kelechi17(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Change Zombies experiencing Apocalypse.
Call me when Unemployment induced Hunger resets their political leaning towards common sense and equity.
Even Jagaban, they see something!

145 Ewedu gobblers are currently contemplating selling Gala and Lacasera at Maryland.
Without prejudice, that is.
kikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki ...oooooh my belle oooh ...dis guy easy naa..u been too cruel

1 Like

Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2017
Business realignment happens everytime in an organisation, mainly to satisfy the shareholders or in the case of TVC - the paramount owner Tinubu.
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by freeage7(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2017
omoiyamayor:
you are too cruel you.
But that's just the truth.
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2017
DieBuhari:
I am sure 95% of them are Yorubas.

They brought this upon themselves.

cheesy That was harsh
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by Myself2(m): 11:12am On Jun 03, 2017
KingGBsky:

what is this one saying?

Sorry I can't break it down into your vernacular,after all I wasn't the one that made you a dullardic zombie tongue tongue
Re: TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff by madjune(m): 11:42am On Jun 03, 2017
I hate it when some companies sack staff and then come up with PR buzz sentence like "repositioning to deliver more" or "upgrading to achieve higher objectives"

Nonsense.

Till 100yrs, even if they employ London graduates, it's the same type of news that Tinubu wants out that we would be hearing.

So what are they saying?
Too bad and I feel for the affected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply / Any Hope For Fresh Graduates With Bsc Botany In Nigeria / Excuse Me, Mr. Self-employment Advocate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.