Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,618 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade (2266 Views)

10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters / 10 Greatest Video Game Makers/Developers Of All Time / Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 03, 2017
Day after day, passionate gamers pour their love into discussions
about video games of different types – rarely do we reflect the people behind the inventive puzzlers, story-driven adventures, fantastic RPGS and artistic
experiments we obsess over.
Who are these video game makers, and what makes them special? What have these developers done for the games
industry in its existence? Let's find out the best game developers of the century.

Ubisoft

Everyone likes to hate on Ubisoft for what
Assassin's Creed became later on, but honestly, if you were in their position,
you'd of done the exact same thing.Regardless, Assassin Creed is but agateway into a world of incredible titles that range from blockbuster to indie-themed.Grow Home, Valiant
Hearts,Child of Light - all show the developer/publisher combo are
always keen to bolster their larger efforts with more introspective,
smaller releases.
Not only that, but mid-tier titles like Rayman: Origins/Legends offer
some of the finest platforming around, whereas Far Cry 3, 4 and
Primal consistently deliver a first-person shooter model that's unlike
anything else on the market, some notable mentions which include Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.
Oh, and then there's that little title known as The Division, the MMO-
influenced loot-shooter that swept up all of Destiny's fans overnight,
continuing to entertain them and thousands more with some of the
best third-person shooting this side of Gears of War.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2017
BioWare
Bioware dance on the line between sci-fi and fantasy
with ease, their particular twin-prong of attack being Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
They literally revolutionized the world of gaming. Yes, sure, Mass Effect 3 dropped the ball thanks to a bit too much
interference from EA's money-crunching execs, but as world-builders and storytellers, Bioware have demonstrated time and again that they're a cut above the rest.
Even their first Star Wars game was an outstanding achievement, as
Knights of the Old Republic proved they could take an established
canon and make it even better,fleshing the loreout in ways you didn't even know were lacking.
Bioware may only drop a game once every few years, but when they
do, it's a monumental achievement.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2017
Nintendo
of the other developers on this list would even be here if not for
Nintendo. The Big N and gaming go together better than Captain
America's shield grin and Iron Man's face, their mark on the industry being
present in every cutesy character design andevery design philosophy.
They even helped intuit how to process3D space and move through it with Mario 64- simply think ofany game off the top of your head, and one of its team members will be a Nintendofan.It's that simple.
2016 marks one of their most important years yet, as although new
console the NX is apparently not going to be shown at E3 (although I really doubt there'll be nothing at all), they're still beavering away
polishing up the next Zelda, rolling out content patches and fixes for
the wondrous Super Mario Maker, and gearing up for the multi-million
selling Pokémon Sun & Moon.
Nintendo have always been a pillar of the industry since day one.
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2017
Nintendo
The other developers on this list would even be here if not for
Nintendo. The Big N and gaming go together better than Captain
America's shield grin and Iron Man's face, their mark on the industry being
present in every cutesy character design andevery design philosophy.
They even helped intuit how to process3D space and move through it with Mario 64- simply think ofany game off the top of your head, and one of its team members will be a Nintendofan. best selling game systems, and at least 5 game
franchises not games, "GAME FRANCHISES" that influenced
the world of gaming forever, Nintendo pulled the gaming
industry out of the dump, and has topped the market more
times than any other company and Mario
franchises are considered, by most to be the best home
console(arguably), and best game franchise of all time.
Nintendo have always been a pillar of the industry since day one.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2017
Bethesda
Both Elder Scrolls and Fallout are genuine worlds that can be
explored, poked, prodded and unfolded right in front of you, the sheer depth of interworking AI systems that govern every square inch being interactive, conversed with, bartered with and more.
The €˜Bethesda jank€™ that€™ emerged alongside such ambitious
projects most definitely polarises them the more we go forward, but
tens of thousands of fans simply adore those exact same signature
elements, if only because they prove the developers are
foreverpushing their visions to the max.
As a publisher they€™ve started spreading the wealth to facilitate the
likes of Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored and The Evil Within, but as a
developer, they own both of the best open-world games of all time.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2017
Blizzard
There's a level of quality in Blizzard's games that truly is outstanding.
I dare anybody to name a game that this developers has created that has gone bad at least as at the time am posting this.
Playing Overwatch has cemented it;a brilliantly-designed, perfectly
animated shooter that shows the studio aren't one for resting on their laurels, no matter how landmark they might be.
Indeed, Warcraft may be on the down-tick, but it's no less a staple of
nerd pop-culture, and that's before you get into the likes of Diablo, the stupidly addictive Hearthstone or the social life-devouring Starcraft.
Every last project they put their name todrips with professionalism
and applied wealth, but in a way that lets you know a genuine team of gamers who love every second are behind it all.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 03, 2017
Naughty Dog
Despite losing a few key team members over the years, Naughty Dog are actuallygoing stronger than ever.
Maturing better and more confidently than any other studio, we've
grown up alongside them as Crash became Jak & Daxter, became
Uncharted and became the epic, medium-shaking The Last of Us. The latter alongside Uncharted 4 proves they've truly aged with grace, writing some of the most emotionally impactful stories gaming has ever seen, alongside coding with a finesse that makes their titles some of the best looking of all time.
Bethesda may have the ambition to continually test the waters and CD Projekt RED the fan connection that makes them genuinely beloved,but Naughty Dog have both, and so much more.
Naughty Dog are gaming, both in execution, current direction and
future potential. Here's to many more years and many more titles that demonstrate just how far the medium can go.
They started off with Crash Bandicoot which was the perfect mascot and character for its time. Perfect for the age group that it was directed toward. Moving onto the world of Jak and Daxter set the benchmark of gaming for its era, defining what story telling
and gampeplay is really supposed to be. Moving onto the
Uncharted series and The Last of Us. Both of these games
are absolute masterpieces. They've come a long way from
where they started and only few has ever put as much effort
into making a video game than Naughty Dog. They are the
god of video game developers.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2017
CD Projekt RED
They might only have been on the scene for a few years and 'only'
developed various Witcher titles, but the progression within shows a
level of potential and promise that no other developeris giving off. It
feels like now is CD Projekt RED's time, and the truly masterful
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a landmark not only for the developer, but for
the console generation overall.
Having bought the rights for the Witcher mythos from author Andrew Sapkowski, they've spent the last decade simply making perfect fantasy RPG. The Witcher 1 and 2 were lore-rich worlds purpose-built to give you the right amount of agency as the supernatural bounty hunter Geralt, tying in and adapting some incredibly moral-challenging tales from the source material along the way.
By the time Wild Hunt came around, Geralt's adventures had now
gone open-world. With the power of next-gen hardware, CDPR crafted a world that just radiates quality. From the side missions that have more content that your average triple-A releaseto the beasts that all have specific tactics to bring down, you'lllose hundreds of hours to its world, only to take a breath and deep-divefor a hundred more.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 03, 2017
Rockstar
Rockstar aren't one for letting go for a very long time. There are one of the developers that will stay in the video game development for very long time. Granted, Grand Theft Auto is their pride and joy, and also the most successful gaming franchise of all time,
but for my money, their side projects have always shown their
narrative potential far more.
Bully in particular was a brilliant adaptation of the 'GTA formula' to a
completely different setting, fleshing out the various cliques and
social stigmas inherent in your average high school, whereas the
aforementioned Red Dead contains what is easily the greatest ending in video game history.

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by isaiah9(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2017
Why da hell is TELLTALE not there?
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2017
isaiah9:
Why da hell is TELLTALE not there?
apart from Walking Dead what other iconic game has Telltale produced? Even "Konami" didn't make the list.
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth come and do what you know how to do best.......Criticize it tongue...... Tell me I didn't put "Gameloft"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by HRwells: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
I'm confused o... you mean software no dey try?? shocked
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Silkmoth come and do what you know how to do best.......Criticize it tongue...... Tell me I didn't put "Gameloft"

Cao are u seeing this clown?

The nigga doesn't know the difference BTW a game developer and it's publisher.

Mr man, bethesda softworks publishes the said bethesda ips. Doom, dishonoured, skyrim and fallout, these games are not developed by bethesda softworks. Dey are instead developed by id software, arkane studios and bethesda game studios respectively.

And please note that the game publisher is spelt as bethesda and not bethseda?! Wtf?!

He even insulted "naughty dog" (he go add "s" for d back)

If you play these titles you for no dey make these silly mistakes.

You didn't even mention Rocksteady studios, fromSoftware, SIE Japan studios, Kojima productions, Team ninja, Guerrilla games, Square Enix and PlatinumGames
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:
apart from Walking Dead what other iconic game has Telltale produced? Even "Konami" didn't make the list.

Do u see why I say u no get sense!

How a whole kojima productions makers of the metal gear solid franchise, by d genius Hideo Kojima, himself and published by konami, no go make that list?
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth:

Mr man, bethesda softworks publishes the said bethesda ips. Doom, dishonoured, skyrim and fallout, these games are not developed by bethesda softworks. Dey are instead developed by id software, arkane studios and bethesda game studios respectively.

And please note that the game publisher is spelt as bethesda and not bethseda?! Wtf?!

You didn't even mention Rocksteady studios, fromSoftware, SIE Japan studios, Kojima productions, Team ninja, Guerrilla games, Square Enix and PlatinumGames
You know why I like you Silkmoth you try to make "constructive criticism" and I like that, but this time you went really far by not saying something sensible. I didn't want to reply but I am forced to leave the game am playing and reply you.
How should I start correcting the flaws of your post??
Lemme try and Go straight to the point.....
You said Bethesda is not a game developer?? I think you need to check this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_developers and STFU!!!!

On to the next point, where I made some typographical errors.... Do you think it's easy to write a long post like this without making some little errors? Bro It's inevitable.

And in the last part you where mentioned Hideo Kojima. I want to ask you when last did game Top 20 games of all time according to Metcritic and IGN, Metal Gear(Konami most popular Game at this Time Apart from Pes) doesn't make the list!! so why on earth would I put it there.
I also saw Square Enix I couldn't help but laugh. Is it the same Square Enix that makes Games by luck? The last time I checked, Square Enix last "Good" game was Final Fantasy X and that was since 2001 and I said "Game developers of the Decade" bro, not of Century cheesy.
No vex ooo but I will ask again "when last did you game"
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
HRwells:
I'm confused o... you mean software no dey try?? shocked
Id software are great developers but putting them will make want to add Valve, Capcom, Rare and others and list will get tooooo much. So I had to pick the best
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth:

Still on the typo error have you ever tried to spell words like "height" but you mistakenly typed "heigth" and think it's correct? Moreover Bethesda is not something I type everyday so am bound to make mistake
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:

Lemme try and Go straight to the point.....
You said Bethesda is not a game developer?? I think you need to check this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_developers and STFU!!!!

Browse thru!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_video_games

I sha hope you can read properly

On to the next point, where I made some typographical errors.... Do you think it's easy to write a long post like this without making some little errors? Bro It's inevitable.

And you still le those errors unattended to uptil now. Will you edit those headings mister man.

And in the last part you where mentioned Hideo Kojima. I want to ask you when last did game Top 20 games of all time according to Metcritic and IGN, Metal Gear(Konami most popular Game at this Time Apart from Pes) doesn't make the list!! so why on earth would I put it there.

You obviously haven't gamed since that 2001. Lol! You don't even know where each bodies stand BTW konami and kojima productions as regards metal gear. Pls refer to the pics down below, to know when MGS topped 20 games on IGN or Metacritic, or virtually all rpg games cheesy

I also saw Square Enix I couldn't help but laugh. Is it the same Square Enix that makes Games by luck? The last time I checked, Square Enix last "Good" game was Final Fantasy X and that was since 2001 and I said "Game developers of the Decade" bro, not of Century .
No vex ooo but I will ask again "when last did you game"

Indeed, 2001 de made Final fantasy X. So you are currently not aware that Final fantasy XV is out? When last did you game, Mr. Man
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth:

Browse thru!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_video_games

I sha hope you can read properly

And you still le those errors unattended to uptil now. Will you edit those headings mister man.

You obviously haven't gamed since that 2001. Lol! You don't even know where each bodies stand BTW konami and kojima productions as regards metal gear. Pls refer to the pics down below, to know when MGS topped 20 games on IGN or Metacritic, or virtually all rpg games cheesy

Indeed, 2001 de made Final fantasy X. So you are currently not aware that Final fantasy XV is out? When last did you game, Mr. Man
Guy I said the last "Good Game" we all know the direction FFXV went It wasn't even popular for up to a 3 months
*modified*
FINAL FANTASY XV sucks and every Square Enix fan knows that
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth:

Browse thru
So...... all I could see is that BETHSEDA ARE GAME DEVELOPERS!!! i thought you said they weren't
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Silkmoth:

To prove you don't Game Id Software didn't develop SKYRIM .... Silkmoth am really disappointed.
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:
So...... all I could see is that BETHSEDA ARE GAME DEVELOPERS!!! i thought you said they weren't

I just tire for how u dey contradict urself
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by HyDef(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Vasaratti16:
To prove you don't Game Id Software didn't develop SKYRIM .... Silkmoth am really disappointed.

Dude, he said respectively.

Doom to ID.
Dishonored to Arkane.
Skyrim and Fallout to Bethesda.
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mukina2
Obinoscopy
Semid4lyf
Mynd44
Seun
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by emmamedicro46(m): 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Where is EA on this list?? Why isn't EA there??
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Samswags9(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: The Best Video Games Developers Of The Decade by Mckandre(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
Even WB(Warner bros games)
Activition,
EA(Electronic Art)games
SEGA
CAPCOM

OP u need to pin ya sef to the wall. angry

(1) (Reply)

HELP: PES 2017 Football Controls / Assassins Creed Identity Mod Apk Download / #bbnaija: Big Brother Naija Could Be SATANIC, See Photos, Claims And Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.