Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Best Ways To Move From Employee To An Employer Of Labour - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Ways To Move From Employee To An Employer Of Labour (482 Views)

How To Go From Employee To Entrepreneur Without Burning The Bridge / Best Ways To Move From Employee To An Employer Of Labour / How To Go From Employee To Business Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Ways To Move From Employee To An Employer Of Labour by Jbsrecord: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2017
In an economy like Nigeria where there are lots of unemployed individuals everywhere, those with low and high income jobs get so glued to it so as not to fall into the unemployment market. It is a pity that many do not realize the importance of proper timing before taking any decision because a single wrong one can make the next twenty years of such person’s life a miserable one.
If you are lucky to have a job and people are saying salary job is not reliable especially with the economic system and so on, it is very correct but with the right understanding that you cannot just leave that job feeling you have saved enough to venture into a business. Everything in life requires techniques and quality inquiry from successful people who have also taken the kind of decision you want to take and succeeded at it.
Considering the fact that multiple streams of income is the major key to unending wealth, it must also be noted that a salary job is an income and adding a business to it while still doing that job is the real multiple income. I remember an individual I know of who was a manager at Portland cement and had a son in a private university in Nigeria but got sacked without any prior notification or signs, and this is a man that gets the latest gadgets anytime he sees an unveiled one. As I put down this article, the man has gone down to a very poor state. But assuming there was a running business alongside the job, he will be cool if not to his previous status.

Main Points to be considered
1. Do not leave your job to start a business
So many individuals make such mistake always, when they feel cheated by their boss or no longer convenient with the environment and also feel they should earn more than their current income. Most of these organizations started a very long time ago and took years before they stood firm in their area of covering. As a new business man getting into the market with your business idea, meeting up with already existing brands and standing out might take sometimes with no income involved. So how do you want to survive?
2. Do not take existing staff to form your own business
Starting a business does not mean destroying an existing platform where you raised fund from. Do not (in any form) try to take away any staff with a promise of better salary package to form your business, it is not a professional approach and most times doesn’t get down well.
3. Make sure the business can survive on its own before coming in fully
A business should be able to stand on its own before you come in fully. Your own salary should not be used to pay staff or cover for any expense but if such still happens then it is not advisable you come into such business fulltime for now. Give it time and I even suggest you continue your salary job for now till the business gets its fit well.
4. Take advantage of the current unemployment
Where others see problems I see opportunities. We have numerous graduates outside bent on getting a white collar job which you can take advantage of in the sense that while doing your own salary job, get a graduate and give him a big post like Manager, Supervisor, etc but with a low income which will not affect the business survival and growth. Do not be surprised that it is the latest trend seriously working for wise business men now. They employ a qualitative graduate and give him a big post but the take home pay is nothing to write home about and of course it is obvious to the employee that the company is just starting off so he/she takes it just to earn something.
I believe with this methods you should be able to run a job and business at the same time and in my next article I will list out businesses you can run very well while still involved with a job.

(1) (Reply)

Touching Lives: Airtel Builds Multimillion Naira, Ultra-modern Apartment For Fir / Why Is Gtb Foreign Exchange Rate For Card Transaction Higher Than Black Market?? / 2 Million Active Nigerian Phone Numbers Database For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.