Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

‘’how NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- Efcc’s Zonal Head - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘’how NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- Efcc’s Zonal Head (347 Views)

Two Lebanese Who Attempted To Smuggle $890,000 Out Of Nigeria Jailed (pic) / A Chartered Accountant Attempted To Commit Suicide On 3rd Mainland Bridge(photo) / Mob Beats LASTMA Zonal Head To Death In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘’how NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- Efcc’s Zonal Head by expertman(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
‘’How NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- EFCC’s Zonal Head

The South-South Zonal Head of Operations of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ishaq Salihu, on Thursday, June 2, 2017 told a Rivers State High Court, sitting in Port Harcourt, that a former Director in the Project Management of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Mr. Robert Akunne Obuoha, offered him a bribe of N150, 000.00k (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only), in order to compromise an ongoing investigation by the EFCC.
He stated this before Justice S.C. Amadi, while being led in evidence by the EFCC’s counsel, O.B. Akinsola (Mrs). Obuoha, who is being investigated in a case of contract splitting and over-inflation of contract, faces a one count charge of corruptly giving a public officer N150, 000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) for the purpose of ‘’recharge cards’’ and with a view to influence his decision in a case under investigation.

At the resumed hearing of the matter on Thursday,  the EFCC presented its last prosecution witness, Mr. Ishaq Salihu, who told the court that, “on February 12, 2016,  the defendant came to my office where he asked me that he wanted to see me in private and all alone, and I asked him, why? I categorically told him that it was not possible and that, whatever he wished to see me about, should be discussed in the presence of the investigators.
There upon, he dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a sum of N150, 000.00, made up of three bundles of N50, 000.00 of N500 denomination each and offered them to me.  I asked him what the money was meant for, the defendant said I should use it to buy recharge cards and also to establish a relationship with me. This prompted the Commission to investigate the matter and file a charge against the defendant’’. ...
Obuoha, had in his confessional statement, admitted that he offered Salihu the said money “for him to buy recharge cards in order to build a good relationship with him”. Justice Amadi adjourned the case to 13 July, 2017 for the defence counsel to open its case.
Read more: www.efccnigeria.org

#Bribery #Crime #EFCC #FightingCorruption

Re: ‘’how NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- Efcc’s Zonal Head by webstacka: 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
He did not attempt to bribe you...just that business no work btw una...
Re: ‘’how NDDC Director Attempted To Bribe Me’’- Efcc’s Zonal Head by snowlord(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
u for gv m 150m na,ah u Bleep up o

(1) (Reply)

Senate Lament Over The Killings By The Herdsmen / Robbery Incident On Aker Road, Rivers State. / Thief Beaten To A Pulp For Attempting To Steal A Laptop At A Hostel In ABU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.