Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Stolen Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Stolen Vehicle (951 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / STOLEN VEHICLE (accord 2000 UK Model) / Tracking Device Helped Recover Shipped Stolen Vehicle In Houston Tx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Vehicle by motomax: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
A car was snatched at gunpoint at about 9pm today. The car is a GOLD COLOURED 2000 Honda Accord (Babyboy) with registration number MU 92 KJA. Please if you see this car anywhere, kindly contact me on 08023700812, 08033439316.

Thank You.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by ChiChi77: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
damn!!? which way Nigeria?  embarassed

How can somebody save and save for a car and just have it stolen like that?

I hope you can find the car, I am so sorry, that is part of my fear of buying a Car in Nigeria, one will have to fight with criminals over the car all the time.

My Aunt was just told to surrender her car this Xmas season, Port Harcourt/Owerri Road area, she had a Tokunbo 2000 Toyota Camry that her son bought for her a year ago, at least they spared her life and took the car and also took whatever gas money she had in her wallet. Material things can be replaced.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by motomax: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Chi, Thanks.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by FARAMADE(m): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
I thought only 2005 and up are the targets of robbers.

I guess I am wrong.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by bandore(m): 2:03am On Jan 19, 2010
well ,, trackers are the way out/or some sort of immobilisers,, shld be getting one fixed on my car when I come around for hols,
Re: Stolen Vehicle by Fhemmmy: 2:20am On Jan 19, 2010
I am so sorry to read this kinda sad news, i pray they find it soon.
However, do u have insurance coverage? if you do, call them fast and let them take the stress off you.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:40am On Jan 19, 2010
@ motomax
Sorry for your loss, I hope you recover the vehicle. . . .

@ Fhemmmy
Sorry to say but I have not heard of ONE incident where a Nigerian consumer has attested to their insurance company picking up the tab on an insured vehicle that was stolen. . .
Re: Stolen Vehicle by kingdavin: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2010
Naija insurance companies do not do anything. Dey are like registered scammers. That's why insurance companies are virtually dead in naija today. Everyone now knws d secret, so people prefer to put their money where they can see it.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by ChiChi77: 7:27am On Jan 19, 2010
Is there even such a thing as Naija Auto insurance?,
Re: Stolen Vehicle by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On Jan 19, 2010
sorry bro, hp u recover it back. where did d incident occur?
Re: Stolen Vehicle by oranges(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2010
Sorry Bro. I can feel what u are going thru, hope u see it soon.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by ITGuru3: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2010
Sorry for the incidence. You may need to also report it to the Nigerian Police Auto Theft/Recovery Portal: http://74.55.133.250/reportlogin.php . (I don't know how efficient it is as I have not used it before).

But you could have saved this act, recover your Vehicle by now and have Peace of Mind if you have our 3-in-1 Vechicle/Fleet Management System installed in that Vehicle.

Please Read our Post for details: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html

For other readers: A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE
Re: Stolen Vehicle by motomax: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thank you all for your replies, we have not yet recovered the car. It was snatched at Ketu.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by qleyo(f): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
My car was stolen from me just this Monday (1st of March 2010). I'm still in shock from the whole incidence. I don't know what possessed me to go use the ATM, but it was a fairly public place at about 8pm on admiralty way in Lekki 1. Two men walked up to me, one put a gun to my stomach and asked for my keys, they took my car Toyota Corolla 2009 Model Silver, with all my belongings in it, Blackberry, Nokia, Wallet, Cards, Drivers License and my hand bag. They even took my house keys, leaving me stranded.

Writing about it now even makes me want to cry as I'd barely had the car for three weeks and had just driven it four times. I'm also new to Lagos and was just starting to find my feet. Now I'm taking refuge back at my family house which I had proudly moved out of.

If anyone has any details at all, the registration number is FM520 ABJ, although I'm certain they would have removed the plates. I don't have a picture of my car but here is a picture of what it looks like.

@Motomax I can genuinely say I know how you feel, but we should thank God for our lives. It could have been worse.

Re: Stolen Vehicle by halfcurren: 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
@gleyo
so sorry about your ordeal; really sad indeed but like you rightly said; thank God for lives. There are still a lot of hope when we are alive ok; do take it easy ok. same for @Motomax.
Re: Stolen Vehicle by jaxxy(m): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
i thot lekki phase1, admiralty way was secure of dis kind of stuff, so sorry about this, pray u recover it soon and pls report it at the police station. cheers

(1) (Reply)

Clean And No Dent Golf Iv For Sale: Dont Miss This / Give Ur Price For This! / 2004 Toyota Camry Xle 4 Plugs(tokunbo)vry Vry Neat-----2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.