Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Ignorance On The Web - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ignorance On The Web (894 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Surf The Web Without Subscription / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignorance On The Web by yicob(m): 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2007
hello nairalandres, i appreciate the way we are always ready to be of help to our neighbours. may God continue to bless us in his infinite masses. this is a problem am presently going through on line which i think is due to my ignorance.
i have been a vast user of the internet for the past 8  years but not even a kobo have i gained from it and i dont want to go into yahoo! yahoo! . Please the nairalanders that are making millions on the web, can you allow me to make some dough. i dont want to die of ignorance. embarassed
Re: Ignorance On The Web by jimsawyer(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2007
Tremendous money is been made online.Over half of the top 40 richest Americans are involved in one form of Internet Business or the other.And in Nigeria there are hundreds of people now gainfully self employed online and I dont mean Yahoo Yahoo
Examples you ask?:
nairaland.com
linkusupng.com
mcreal.net
domainstandard.net -(he works from home and is today ranked among the 4 leading web hosts in Nigeria)
ainetbiz.com
jimitanet.net
The problem is that many people have this assumption that making money online is some new thing from the blue and expect to make a Million dollars in one day without doing anything except buying a book, report or joining a club.

While you can make a Million dollars in one day, you cant do that doing nothing.

Note these simple rules and you will make money online:

1)There are 4 basic ways to do business online:
a) Join an existing business online and work with them. This is somethings called affiliate program, but not always. You can work with Google, Amazon, Walmart, Ebay. This method is easy and to the point.

ii) You can take what you are presently doing to the Internet. Example if you are an English teacher, you can create an online presence offering students with poor or below average results in English Language- the opportunity to master English.
An Akara and bread seller can decide to use the Internet to offer her services and products to people living beyond her immediate surroundings (I am serious about this and have seen it work)

iii) You can go online and launch a fresh business. You could offer web develoment services, online payment solutions, sales of books online etc

iv) You can trade money online in Stock Markets, Forex Markets etc.

2) You can only make money by solving problems except you want to steal or look for money people have thrown on the street. If you get involved in any Internet Business and you cannot clearly identify the problems it will solve for some people or all the people in society-then you are wasting your time.

3)No-one and I repeat no one ever gets rich quick. Take ironic example of an armed robbber.The armed robbers who robs a bank and steals N20 million didnt start stealing that day. Any thief who starts his stealing profession by attempting to rob a bank will die in the process. Thieves start from a young age stealing meat from Mummy's soup, then things in school, and gradute to other things.
No one just makes it overnight, its only that people may not have seen or noticed when they were making attempts or struggling.Indeed society rewards success with attention. You wont make money suddenly from the Internet.

4) The Internet has become the leveling ground. In days gone by it took upwards of 5-20 years of a persons working life to become a millionaire. Indeed in Nigeria to become a millionaire you had to have one or more of the following qualifications:

a) Your parents are rich
b) You had good grades in school and got a good job.
c) You had connections
d) You were corrupt.

The Internet has changed all that. Without a computer of my own, but working from a cybercafe at that time, I made over N4 million in 18 months starting with just N1000 start up capital! With the right idea or ideas you can get online today and within a few months, you can be swimming in money. Why is this so: because when you sit before a computer connected to the Internet you have the ability to offer your skills, services, products, ideas to over 6 billion people ,even those who cant browse; as someone who can will spread the word to them.

5) Let me know what you have tried and has not worked and I will offer you useful advice or mail me at jimsawyer904@yahoo.com
Re: Ignorance On The Web by samo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2007
Hi there Yi cob, I liked the way jomsawywer answered your question. You can also get some more information by subscribing to the Nigeria Online Global Promo Newsletter which offers for starters, a 6 day free course on How to earn money from Internet as a Nigerian withoutthr need to get involved in scaming . you would also be offered some books that will help you in your quest . Pls go now to http://www.NigeriaGlobalPromo.com.
Cheers don't give up hope, you will make it indeed
Re: Ignorance On The Web by iyaboo(f): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2007
Hi Yicob,

There is money to be made online and I am glad to tell you that several Nigerians,myself inclusive,are making honest money online,so,don't despair.There is light at the end of the tunnel if you are prepared to learn and apply whatever you learn.

A simple formula to make money online for you will be to locate a niche market which you can reach online,find out their needs and solve their problems by creating an information product which the people in the niche market are prepared to pay for and then promote it to them.It's as simple as that.Yet a powerful and failure-proof way to make money online.

For more help,please download a 100% free ebook on 10 absolutely unbreakable commandments of running a highly profitable internet business anywhere in the world! at http://iyabooyawale.com.Also access free articles and online success tips at http://iyabooyawale.com/blog and http://naijanetwarriors.com.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc / Help! Laptop Icons And Toolbar / Gmail Vs Yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.