Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol (865 Views)

Igbo Group Protests In Support Of El-Zakzaky And IMN (Photos) / Disregard Rumour Of Impending Hike In Petrol Price - NNPC / Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by mrvitalis(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2017
I know a lot of people will come here n abuse me let's face corruption or no corruption there is no way we can develop with our revenue as we stand ...

Having a capital budget of 1 trillion for a country of 170 million people will never be impacful let's face it

Taxing the people has always been the most sensible thing to do but politicians has always avoided that ..cos that will mean more pressure on them from Nigerians... Less people to bribe during election

We need 500bn to be able to maintain all our roads every year ( that's not to bad ) ...government don't have such money ..and who surfer the bad roads ?? The masses ..

how much do u an average car owner spend on car maintenance per year ..am sure its over 100,000 fixing the roads will reduce that by over 70% ...and

145 to 150 is not too much ..for me its too small that will only give u 50 billion per year which is 10% what we need ...for me a 20-50 increase would have been better then from Levy's on cars we can get the rest

Let's face it fuel was increased cos we didn't have an option cos our currency lost value ...we can increase this for our own benifits ...

Its time we contribute to the government ...so when we talk they will listen
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by R0ckefeller: 8:42am On Jun 04, 2017
like you hit your head on the ground when you were kid. what's the exess of paying tax when you know the tax isn't going to be utilized rather than be looted.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by BishopMagic: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2017
This same idiota was jumping like a monkey at ojota 5yrs ago shouting we no go gree.

Let them even make a litre be 1,000 naira we all know who go suffer pass but go still dey smile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2017
And all the others you have been taxed on... what use have you benefitted from it?

From your assertion, if 1trl is not efficient for 170m people.. why not cut down the population size through re-structure and states open up to get things working liasing with other nations..rather than killing the little hard working ones to meet criterias..

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2017
THE FG IS HEREBY ADVISED NOT TO HEED THE STUPID CALLS FOR ANY #5 INCREASE.

ANY ATTEMPT TO WORSEN THE SITUATION OF THE COMMON NIGERIANS WILL BE BLOODILY & DESTRUCTIVELY DEALT WITH

OSINBAJO, PLEASE DISREGARD SUCH ADVICE.
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by Pavarottii(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Wen I tell u vitalis that u r a kid, u go dey argue. See d childish thing u just put up now. My friend, GROW UP!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2017
bros no reason like this..abi you no dey this country? undecided
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by SalamRushdie: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2017
You a have come again with this your short sighted approach toward macro economics , please try another use your brain for once and learn how nation create wealth. Last time you supported the introduction of 50 naira stamp duty on every transaction buy today you have not told us what you and your dull mentor Buhari have done with it
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by SalamRushdie: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Pavarottii:
Wen I tell u vitalis that u r a kid, u go dey argue. See d childish thing u just put up now. My friend, GROW UP!

His IQ is very low but the sad part is he doesn't even know
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by trillville(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2017
I agree with the op's view in principle. Nigeria needs taxes, but not a broad based sales tax the would affect every nigerian. What nigeria needs us a progressive tax that affects the richer people in society more than the common man. This our kleptomaniac senators will never agree to.

Take for example taxes targeted for road maintenance. A .5 percent tax on the first family car owned and then a 2 percent additional tax on each and every other car a family owns. Business vehicles wouldn't be taxed but must have the companies logo on 50 percent of the vehicle.

For example, I own a car I bought for 2 million, I pay a tax of 10 thousand annually
I own a car I bought for 800 thousand, I pay a tax of 4 thousand annually.

If u own 2 cars the first worth 2 million and the second worth 800 thousand, I will pay 10 thousand for the first and 16 thousand for the second bringing my total annual vehicle cost to 26 thousand.
This will protect younger people starting our from higher taxes bit will ensure as they get richer, they give back to society as the country has given to them.

While the common man has no voice and cannot complain when government cheats him or her, the rich a middle own the media space and would fight the government to a halt if their taxes are being wasted.
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by RZArecta(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Lolol grin when I call the op a brain dead cretin, even accredited zombies will agree with me. How can a freelance BMC member decide to be so foolish ? It is well

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by valboy20(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2017
What's the need? We all pay the levy while they loot it. Op you can't be this ridiculous
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by deadkamalu: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2017
I RUN A BUSINESS THAT IS DEPENDENT ON PETROL BECAUSE OF THE EPILEPTIC POWER SUPPLY,INCREASING THE PRICE OF PETROL WILL HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON MY BUSINESS.

AS IT STANDS NOW I SPEND 60PERCENT OF MY PROFIT ON GENERATORS ALONE,POWER IS NOT IMPROVING ANYTIME SOON AND HERE YOU ARE ENDORSING FUEL HIKE.

MAYBE WHEN YOU OWN A BUSINESS IN FUTURE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW ANY ONE NAIRA INCREASE IN PETROL KILL MANY PROFITABLE VENTURES. NO POWER AND NOW EXPENSIVE FUEL. I LAUGH WHEN STUPID PEOPLE SAY NIGERIANS DONT PAY TAX.
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by legislatively: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2017
You want to pay N5 that will eventually be looted, paying the money is not a problem, utilizing the money is.
Re: Why I Am In Support Of Extra #5 Increase In Petrol by legislatively: 11:55am On Jun 04, 2017
mrvitalis:
I know a lot of people will come here n abuse me let's face corruption or no corruption there is no way we can develop with our revenue as we stand ...

Having a capital budget of 1 trillion for a country of 170 million people will never be impacful let's face it

Taxing the people has always been the most sensible thing to do but politicians has always avoided that ..cos that will mean more pressure on them from Nigerians... Less people to bribe during election

We need 500bn to be able to maintain all our roads every year ( that's not to bad ) ...government don't have such money ..and who surfer the bad roads ?? The masses ..

how much do u an average car owner spend on car maintenance per year ..am sure its over 100,000 fixing the roads will reduce that by over 70% ...and

145 to 150 is not too much ..for me its too small that will only give u 50 billion per year which is 10% what we need ...for me a 20-50 increase would have been better then from Levy's on cars we can get the rest

Let's face it fuel was increased cos we didn't have an option cos our currency lost value ...we can increase this for our own benifits ...

Its time we contribute to the government ...so when we talk they will listen
this CN only work in Europe where the money won't be looted

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Count South-south Out Of Your Agitation, We Won’t Be Slaves Again / Check Out This Just Completed Road In Anambra / Governor Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.