Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum (32424 Views)

FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Igbos Seek National Equity As Group Insist Speaker Of The House Position / Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by FrankGiel: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2017
Dreambeat:
Gradually,we are getting there.Long live the land of the rising sun.
Do you honestly believe that things will be better for the average Igbo man in Biafra land??
Do you know that it's the same set of corrupt leaders/thieves that will still occupy leadership positions in biafra land? (They still possess the funds to influence the average voter)

Charity begins at home! Before you guys start ur agitations, shouldnt you first deal with ur looting LG chairmen, HOR members, Senators and finally ur Governor's, then you will be taken Seriously..

Its sad that the land of Biafra will be emanate from the blood of the innocent who are honestly frustrated, they are being used by selfish elites. When Biafra emerges it will shock them, when they realize that you can take a pig from a styl but u can't take the styl from a pig. Ur current leaders in Nigeria are the same as ur leaders in Biafra.
Wake up and do the needful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2017
Debatesmartly:

So now GeJ is an Igbo ?
When then want they are criticizinng Biafra they tell Igbos forget about the SS / Ijaws etc
When iGbos demand for more they say you had your son GEJ in power.
Their hypocrisy is vomit inducing
was that government in your hands or not? the wife of the president, CBN, finance minister , Sec to the FG, chief of Army staff ,deputy Senate president , TAN ambassadors , etc but you guys didn't restructure. So must it suddenly be PMB that should? is not that deceit?
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2017
Reference:

And will PMB be there forever. Short sighted Nigerians. Only always seeing everything in the now. As GEJ left, PMB will leave. The issues are beyond them.
so longsighted foreigners stop using force but persuasion and diplomacy to let the president know why we must restructure and if it isn't in his priorities as it wasn't in the owners of that pseudo- confab in 2015 , life goes on. simple.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by HopeAtHand: 10:43am On Jun 05, 2017
Super1Star:

Whatever motivated him to speak is his business.

The fundamentals is that constitution review to recognise national confab, referendum, plebiscite and secession is the ONLY WAY to go.

Threat of secession will not move anybody, because it is an Armageddon even Nnamid Kunnu, the Merlin of Biafrau.d will not dare to venture into.

At last you are all coming to your senses. As far back as April 1994 we told all of you restructuring is the only way. Rather than support it, all the regions went against it and you are now all back to the same square 1 we provided as the only solution 23years ago.

This is was the Yorubas advise 23years ago that you are all just coming to terms with: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You cannot sincerely claim you asked for restructuring 23yrs ago. The best anyone can ask for 23yrs ago was for a return to Democratic rule. So, if you did ask at that time, you didn't do it out of sincere purpose but to push the Northerners to consider the Yorubas after disenfranchising them in the elections.

If Yorubas were ever truly sincere, nothing prevented Obasanjo in his 8yrs to restructure Nigeria, and nothing is preventing Osinbajo now.

Truth is, Yorubas like the Northerners will face many uncertainties should Nigeria be restructured like most Federal Government's of the world. Yorubas subtly fight against it in the background, leaving the more vocal Northerners to look like the stumbling block whilst you guys are even worse. The status quo will not remain like this for long.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Super1Star: 10:52am On Jun 05, 2017
bilazego:

This problem of Nigeria that your saw 23 years ago was seen the ibos 50 years ago.

Awolowo saw it in 1956 and he advised that secession clause should be included in the constitution but the greatest Igbo man, Zik,fought against it because he was myopic.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by macluvph1(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2017
misano:

Ye U making sense but don't U think D non-Igbo will be marginalized in Biafra? Do U think the non-Igbos will head major political offices in Biafra? I don't think so. Come 2 think of it, non-Igbos did nothing to make Biafra a reality. A lot of Igbos died 4 dis struggle, but D non-Igbos were never part of D struggle. "NO MAN STAYS IN A HOUSE HE DIDN'T BUILD".

Bros, The non ibo's won't be marginalized. that's why i duff my heart for IPOB, check out the people that are incharge of it in Nigeria and thank me later as well. do you that IPOB national coordinator is a Bayelsa man while Akwa ibom man assist even igala,idoma and others are well represented am talking about presently.

Then taking you back the memory lane of 1967 don't forget the likes of Effiong,Joe Achuzie, Opigo et al, these are people of other tribes that were anchoring Biafra then with Ojukwu. Bros ibo's like live and let live not live and let others die.

So the reason for me standing by them as an Ikwerre man is that am better off and my people will be better off too.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by bauer36(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2017
God bless biafra my country home

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by mbhs139(m): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2017
sotall:
Somehow somehow..... this agitation is gathering momentum. Only time will tell when the owners of Nigeria will turn a listening ear

Instead of granting interviews to newspapers on the issue, they should bring it up in the house. that's when I will know that they are serious about it. this is what they should have done in the first place and from the beginning, rather than allow one small boy shot into limelight suddenly.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Dreambeat: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2017
FrankGiel:

Do you honestly believe that things will be better for the average Igbo man in Biafra land??
Do you know that it's the same set of corrupt leaders/thieves that will still occupy leadership positions in biafra land? (They still possess the funds to influence the average voter)

Charity begins at home! Before you guys start ur agitations, shouldnt you first deal with ur looting LG chairmen, HOR members, Senators and finally ur Governor's, then you will be taken Seriously..

Its sad that the land of Biafra will be emanate from the blood of the innocent who are honestly frustrated, they are being used by selfish elites. When Biafra emerges it will shock them, when they realize that you can take a pig from a styl but u can't take the styl from a pig. Ur current leaders in Nigeria are the same as ur leaders in Biafra.

Don't bother yourself about the politicians.We will handle them.Trust me we know how to handle them.We are Biafrans!We need to get Biafra first,then every other thing will fall in place.Thank you for your concern.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by nagoma(m): 11:45am On Jun 05, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Do you support restructuring.? Yes or No

No I don't like half measures. Restructuring is only a temporary measure, I support separation for those really unhappy with the union, for example the IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EnuguDadImoMom: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Eshinwaju:

Abi o...finally we are dealing with the real issues. Follow the constitution and let us separate, as needed and as necessary. I for one will be more than happy to get Oduduwa Republic back and to be finally rid of the flats....angry....great great move....alleluia
Now go tell your reps to support it so that soonest Igbos will leave your territory.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by FrankGiel: 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dreambeat:
Don't bother yourself about the politicians.We will handle them.Trust me we know how to handle them.We are Biafrans!We need to get Biafra first,then every other thing will fall in place.Thank you for concern.
I'm glad u didn't bash me as I anticipated.. grin
Are u sure when u get to Biafra, the guys with cash wouldn't dictate how things will be run.
Bruv money is power oo..if national assembly elections nd senatorial elections can be massively rigged, what hope do we have that things will change In Biafra
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
soflygerian:
If this is a zoo, what animal are biko

That is a question you should Cow-Nu. What animal is he?
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by ekefre4(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
myright:
we don't want to be like China. Rather, we would like to be like Japan. Small but mighty
Lol. Ok oo
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nature8(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Debatesmartly: 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
Babacele:
was that government in your hands or not? the wife of the president, CBN, finance minister , Sec to the FG, chief of Army staff ,deputy Senate president , TAN ambassadors , etc but you guys didn't restructure. So must it suddenly be PMB that should? is not that deceit?

So because GEj didnt it shouldt happen at all? Do you even understand democracy. People have the right to ask for whatever they want to their elected officials.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Eshinwaju: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
EnuguDadImoMom:

Now go tell your reps to support it so that soonest Igbos will leave your territory.

Use your brain and stop exhibiting myopic reasoning that makes all laugh at your shallowness over the internet. You want to leave the 'Zoo', so do so and leave 'Afonjas'... grin out of it.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Debatesmartly:

So because GEj didnt it shouldt happen at all? Do you even understand democracy. People have the right to ask for whatever they want to their elected officials.
people have the right to ask for poison but we should not be deceptive about it. If the motive behind such cries is insincere, then President can choose how to react to such fraudulent agitation s.
If we want reforms, there are saner ways to go about them.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EnuguDadImoMom: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
Eshinwaju:

I don't like using my brain and I love exhibiting myopic reasoning that makes all laugh at my shallowness over the internet. I always reason like a typical 'Zoo' man.

Ya we all know that, so geerraahere meeen.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Debatesmartly: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Babacele:
people have the right to ask for poison but we should not be deceptive about it. If the motive behind such cries is insincere, then President can choose how to react to such fraudulent agitation s.
If we want reforms, there are saner ways to go about them.

Referendum, is it not peaceful and sane?
Ask for restructuring?
A dumbass president who doesnt even understand democracy he think he has to cater only to those who voted for him.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by adde: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
HiddenShadow:

That Biafra you call phantom today will be established in the future and will transform your region to a wretched region like Benin, Togo, Chad and Cameroon
You cannot insult your way to freedom, the best you can get if you continue in this direction is a genocidal society. Better start using your brains. cool

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Dreambeat: 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
FrankGiel:

I'm glad u didn't bash me as I anticipated.. grin
Are u sure when u get to Biafra, the guys with cash wouldn't dictate how things will be run.
Bruv money is power oo..if national assembly elections nd senatorial elections can be massively rigged, what hope do we have that things will change In Biafra
There are kids on this forum.I am not one of them

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Businessideas: 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
sotall:
Somehow somehow..... this agitation is gathering momentum. Only time will tell when the owners of Nigeria will turn a listening ear
Online or offline? The politicians are least bothered o,their own is 2019 election
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by ofwest47(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Unfortunately,most of those commenting on Biafra did not know what brought about the word Biafra .
Going back to history, before Independence, Pa Obafemi Awolowo had proposed the creation of three other Regions from the existing three regions of the North,West and the Eastern region. (see AWO's "Thought to Nigeria constitution_ 1945)" but at Independence this did not came by.
but by 1963 Midwest was created from the old Western region but the Hausa/Igbo Coalition govt. at Independence refused to create the Middle Belt from the North and Calabar _Ogoja_Rivers (COR) region from the old Eastern region despite agitations from the proposed regions concerned the likes of Joseph Tarka from the Middle belt and Wenike and Lulu Briggs from the COR region we are all aware of what became of their ends for their agitations.
Then came the one sided coup of January 15, 1966 and the subsequent counter coup of July the same year and its follow up. The breaking of the country into 12 states by General Gowon in which the then Eastern region was broken into East Central, South Eastern state (Calabar/Ogoja) and River state was what brought Ojukwu to declare Biafra because he felt that the oil rich south south area which had all along been under their control has been taken away from them not minding the fact that similar action happened in the then Northern region which was divided into seven region of North East, North West North Central etc etc. So those now agitating for bia_ fraud should now know that Gowon acted in line with Awolowo's earlier proposal of six regions by making it twelve but because the I BEFORE OTHERS want to continue to lord it over the South South they unilaterally declared Biafra forgetting that only the South South can declare Biafra if they so whish because the bight of Biafra belong to them like Bight of Benin belong to Benin republic. The Igbo's have nothing to do with bight of Biafra as they were completely land locked without access to the sea.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by jozz(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=Babacele post=57183711]mtchew!! under GEJ you had all the opportunities in the world to restructure but nay , now after loosing the 2015 election all sorts of noise no go allow us rest. Cheap blackmails to attract PMB's attention. With all of una influence in the wasted 6 years Gej government wetin be the gain? Useless!![/quote

My thoughts exactly.why now? why not during the time of GEJ? It does not add up.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Debatesmartly:

Referendum, is it not peaceful and sane?
Ask for restructuring?
A dumbass president who doesnt even understand democracy he think he has to cater only to those who voted for him.
what referendum is that fraudster of a KANU leading with hate speeches, threat and lies after failing in their bid to get Gej reelected? So when he as a TANoid was campaigning for Jonathan's reelection in 2015 referendum has not been invented?
Buhari was wrong to have said that 5% but your insanity provoked him. But despite that he has been fair in his appointments no mater what any hate filled enemy may say about it.
As far as the constitutional responsibilities of a President to his citizens are concerned ,Buhari walks tall among best Nigerian leaders. And we shall protect him and our people anywhere in Nigeria .
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Debatesmartly: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
Babacele:
what referendum is that fraudster of a KANU leading with hate speeches, threat and lies after failing in their bid to get Gej reelected? So when he as a TANoid was campaigning for Jonathan's reelection in 2015 referendum has not been invented?
Buhari was wrong to have said that 5% but your insanity provoked him. But despite that he has been fair in his appointments no mater what any hate filled enemy may say about it.
As far as the constitutional responsibilities of a President to his citizens are concerned ,Buhari walks tall among best Nigerian leaders. And we shall protect him and our people anywhere in Nigeria .

You denigrate Kabu for his hateful words
Yet you praise who is violent in his words and in his actions.
His supporters went on a killiing rampage when he lost the election.
Under his tenure thousands of civilians have been killed by the army or the police who are directly under his command
Not directly under his own command also evee more civilians are being killed in the middle belt by his own tribesmen.
The double and standard and hypocrisy needs to stop
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by FrankGiel: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dreambeat:
There are kids on this forum.I am not one of them
#respect bruv

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 12:05am On Jun 06, 2017
Debatesmartly:

You denigrate Kabu for his hateful words
Yet you praise who is violent in his words and in his actions.
His supporters went on a killiing rampage when he lost the election.
Under his tenure thousands of civilians have been killed by the army or the police who are directly under his command
Not directly under his own command also evee more civilians are being killed in the middle belt by his own tribesmen.
The double and standard and hypocrisy needs to stop
PMB has never supported any form of violence against any group or individual but you lots in collaboration with the thieving Nigerian elites in the PDP have been selling all sorts of wicked lies against the person and character of PMB as children of corruption saw him as their Waterloo.
At the a federal high court when Abati had verb sued to substantiate the ' our ll make the country ungovernable ' dummy of an allegation ,and it has been established beyond all sane and reasonable doubts that it was a PDP chieftain and NOT PMB who used that phrase. Second, that it was PDP that sponsored the post 2011 election violence and was trying to pin it on PMB.
That the GEJ presidency and the Guardian newspaper Abati had misused, apologized openly to PMB.

So you see that you have been misinformed deliberately hence you unknowingly spread lies and hate campaign s. Herdsmen wrecked more havoc under Gej that under PMB. The Army under PMB are motivated ,more disciplined and have saved more lives and properties of Nigerians than under Gej that sabotaged our millitary. Hatred don't let people see truths.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by pazienza(m): 12:52am On Jun 06, 2017
FrankGiel:

Atleast, in Biafra, a revolution can occur. The people are one, and when need be, they can gang up and purge themselves of bad leaders. It would be very hard for bad leaders to divide them.

In Nigeria, the chances of revolution is zero. The people are stuck with bad leaders forever, as they were never one people, have nothing in common, and so are easily divided by bad leaders, making it impossible for them to carry out a successful revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Debatesmartly: 1:32am On Jun 06, 2017
Babacele:
PMB has never supported any form of violence against any group or individual but you lots in collaboration with the thieving Nigerian elites in the PDP have been selling all sorts of wicked lies against the person and character of PMB as children of corruption saw him as their Waterloo.
At the a federal high court when Abati had verb sued to substantiate the ' our ll make the country ungovernable ' dummy of an allegation ,and it has been established beyond all sane and reasonable doubts that it was a PDP chieftain and NOT PMB who used that phrase. Second, that it was PDP that sponsored the post 2011 election violence and was trying to pin it on PMB.
That the GEJ presidency and the Guardian newspaper Abati had misused, apologized openly to PMB.

So you see that you have been misinformed deliberately hence you unknowingly spread lies and hate campaign s. Herdsmen wrecked more havoc under Gej that under PMB. The Army under PMB are motivated ,more disciplined and have saved more lives and properties of Nigerians than under Gej that sabotaged our millitary. Hatred don't let people see truths.

You lot and the thieving elite?
The same type of thieving elite surronding buhari? the one who financially supported his campaign? The one he will never send the effc after ?
The same Pdp and corruption he hates while his daughter Halima is married to Ali Modu Sherriff son?
The west is sending back part of Abacha's loot every trimester same Abacha pmb said he never stole a dime from Nigeria?
Same Buhari who had to borrow money for his form while his children were schooling in the UK and wearing designer items.
Spare us the bullshit and the hypocrisy.
Your Apc is 80% former Pdp politicians only a populace as stupid and gullible as nigerians can belive that those are changed men or all somehow innocent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Honours Airport Cleaner Who Returned Lost Bag / The Moment Atiku Abubakar Arrived In London / Celebration Around Ibom Plaza As Udom Wins -pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.