Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,514 members, 7,826,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu (794 Views)

Netanyahu Warns Of ‘resounding Blow’ If Iran Attacks Israel / President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos) / Trump Staring At Sleeping King Of Morocco, Mohammed VI In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by cristianisraeli: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Amidst some nations’ discontent over Israeli presence, king prefers visit ‘not take place in a context of tension and controversy’

Morocco’s king has cancelled plans to attend a West Africa summit this weekend in Liberia due to the presence of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the foreign ministry has said.

The North African country is hoping to join the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) after the African Union readmitted Morocco after a 33-year absence in January.

Mohamed VI had been due to attend the ECOWAS summit in Monrovia on Saturday and Sunday, where members are expected to discuss Morocco’s petition to join the bloc as a “full member,” the foreign ministry said late Thursday.

But key members of ECOWAS “have decided to reduce to the minimum their level of representation at the summit because they disagree with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu being invited,” the ministry said in a statement.

The king “wishes his first visit to a ECOWAS summit not take place in a context of tension and controversy,” it said.

Netanyahu is expected to attend the summit from Sunday at the head of a large diplomatic and economic delegation, his office said.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/morocco-king-boycotts-africa-summit-to-avoid-netanyahu/

Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by bjnice(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
if the PM of Israel intention is pure, no problem
in case post make first page. FTC on nairaland, nairalander abeg wetin oga seun attach to ftc hit me biko
Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by seunny4lif(m): 12:21am On Jun 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by cristianisraeli: 9:30am On Jun 05, 2017
bjnice:
if the PM of Israel intention is pure, no problem

in case post make first page. FTC on nairaland,
nairalander abeg wetin oga seun attach to ftc hit me biko

why do you think lots of nations are bringing israel closer now..the eyes of the world don day open..israel is not the enemy..the state of israel can do a lot for africa than morroco will ever do..they left the union and they dont even regard themselves as africans..so i say good riddance..africa needs israel more than morroco..they can go and we dont care and infact the state of israel is already doing alot for africa now

Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:16am On Jun 08, 2017
Isreal à satanic state. Blood thirsty state controlled by the evil Zionist
Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by cristianisraeli: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:
Isreal à satanic state. Blood thirsty state controlled by the evil Zionist

i think u are talking about nigeria..nigeria is blood thirsty and not israel..i would rather be a zionist anyday instead of an islamist..if u dont know history dont come on here and spew nonsense
Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2017
cristianisraeli:

i think u are talking about nigeria..nigeria is blood thirsty and not israel..i would rather be a zionist anyday instead of an islamist..if u dont know history dont come on here and spew nonsense
You are the one spewing nonsense. Better read and do research and stop shoeing your ignorance. Israel is killing your christian brothers in Palestine and you are here talking nonsense.
Re: Morocco King Boycotts Africa Summit To Avoid Netanyahu by cristianisraeli: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are the one spewing nonsense. Better read and do research and stop shoeing your ignorance. Israel is killing your christian brothers in Palestine and you are here talking nonsense.

they are killing them and ur tb joshua is leaving nigeria to go there..try harder..ur probably a kid with data..use that data to study history

(1) (Reply)

What Shooting Down A $110M US Drone Tells Us About Iran / BREAKING :trump Becomes First US President To Attend Anti-abortion Rally / How Deadliest Ever Female Sniper ‘lady Death’ Shot Dead 309 Nazis (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.