Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Lagos Is Irreparable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Irreparable (1253 Views)

COVID-19: Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts In Lagos Is Personal To Him – Tony Momoh / How Lagos Is Dying / A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Since I came to Lagos, I have never had peace of mind.
60% of Lagos is a heavy slum, filled with rich men and poor men.
Aside money and pussy( prostitutes), nothing should take anybody to Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Any day you spent in Lagos is always full of unnecessary struggle.
Lagos is a shit hole
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by omoiyamayor(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:
you will never fin peace of mind even in new york.better go back village

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lagos is overrated. I just have to leave. Nobody should come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
omoiyamayor:
you will never fin peace of mind even in new york.better go back village
New York is peace, Lagos is war and dirt. Lagos is a state in disarray. The state spends big money and achieve nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by omoiyamayor(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:
New York is peace, Lagos is war and dirt. Lagos is a state in disarray. The state spends big money and achieve nothing.
stop watching the tv from backside

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by golddust6000(m): 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
I was born in Lagos then i relocated to enugu, its been 17 years, i decided to step foot in lagos... as i get to ojota i felt sick immediately. The smell, the crowed, dust, air polution... the next day i head back to the east. Lagos is not for me.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by Newbeginnings(m): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:

Even wikipedia recognizes slums in Lagos and has a special list of them..
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by tinkinjow: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
My brother Lagos na real hell. Most states in Nigeria are slums anyway. Just that some are lesser slums.
BTW there are those who feel offended when one talks about the sorry state of Lagos. You cannot but wonder whether they willingly sentenced themselves to lifelong suffering.
I certainly agree that Lagos is irreparable. Where are they going to start from? Even the so called posh areas go there when it rains you'll understand.Ikoyi VGC Lekki Ajah Banana island etc. Worst still with the population it needs ten lanes roads everywhere but it got none. To construct these roads they'll have destroy a lot of buildings. No chance!
Let them keep building niche estates and call them cities. It won't change Oshodi or agege or alimosho or etc. Sometimes i wonder if they want to supply water to all streets in Lagos how on earth will they accomplish it.
Lagos is irreparable but with serious effort it can be clean up a little.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
golddust6000:
I was born in Lagos then i relocated to enugu, its been 17 years, i decided to step foot in lagos... as i get to ojota i felt sick immediately. The smell, the crowed, dust, air polution... the next day i head back to the east. Lagos is not for me.
To be frank, a lot of people are in Lagos because of money that's there. Every one year spent in Lagos, to most, is a year of suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by Pavore9: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lagos is not for everyone, just as some people insists they can not stay back in their home state! Counsel some folks who have no business being there to relocate back home they will perceive one as an enemy of progress! angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
tinkinjow:
My brother Lagos na real hell. Most states in Nigeria are slums anyway. Just that some are lesser slums.
BTW there are those who feel offended when one talks about the sorry state of Lagos. You cannot but wonder whether they willingly sentenced themselves to lifelong suffering.
I certainly agree that Lagos is irreparable. Where are they going to start from? Even the so called posh areas go there when it rains you'll understand.Ikoyi VGC Lekki Ajah Banana island etc. Worst still with the population it needs ten lanes roads everywhere but it got none. To construct these roads they'll have destroy a lot of buildings. No chance!
Let them keep building niche estates and call them cities. It won't change Oshodi or agege or alimosho or etc. Sometimes i wonder if they want to supply water to all streets in Lagos how on earth will they accomplish it.
Lagos is irreparable but with serious effort it can be clean up a little.
Lagos should not take more 10 million people. But there are more than 20million people there. Houses are built anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pavore9:
Lagos is not for everyone, just as some people insists they can not stay back in their home state! Counsel some folks who have no business being there to relocate back home they will perceive one as an enemy of progress! angry
There should be forcible relocation of people from Lagos. But that can't come without government effort to increase economic activities in other places. More seaports, more airport, fast speeding railway services.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by ProWalker: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
The spirit of Lagos and the lagos dream is forever going to be alive, regardless of the opinion of one yanmiri

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by Pavore9: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:
There should be forcible relocation of people from Lagos. But that can't come without government effort to increase economic activities in other places. More seaports, more airport, fast speeding railway services.

Born and raised in Lagos, have lived and worked in rural communities of Anambra, Enugu and Imo. They are so many untapped opportunities in the rural areas which does not require Federal Government intervention to translate because State and local governments​ can push them, if the will exists.
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by biaframustcome: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
I lived in Lagos until the age of 17, then I moved to Alaigbo. After living in Owerri, Enugu, Onitsha, Awka, Asaba, Abakaliki, Aba and Orlu, I vowed never to live in Lagos.
The only thing that takes me to Lagos this days is most airlines flying through Lagos.
The dictionary meaning of jungle is Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by omoiyamayor(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
If any one stays in lagos and said lagos Is a mess,such fellows are trying to tell us how messy their houses are cus u make it dat way,government is not a spiritual force,u are part of government, let the change begin with u .
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by aljharem(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmeeNaka:

but 70% is igbo na undecided undecided undecided undecided i dont understand some of you

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2017
aljharem:

but 70% is igbo na undecided undecided undecided undecided i dont understand some of you
it's money matter naa. BTW,70% ko, 170% ni
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2017
golddust6000:

I'VE BEEN TELLING THEM FOR AGES. I WON'T EVEN LET MY DOG LIVE IN LAGOS

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by tociano009(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2017
Chorus:

Igbos (Inyamirin) are ungrateful people and fools
Igbos are a curse to Nigeria, whose existence and birth as a people in Nigeria is useless, that abortion is greater than the birth of the bastards.

Let’s drag and drag and see who will sleep in the sun,
Igbo land, in the beginning, has no name, they were helped to get name and identity. And that’s the beginning of their trouble.

Chorus:

Igbos are a curse to Nigeria, whose existence and birth as a people in Nigeria is useless, that abortion is greater than the birth of the bastards.

Please let’s ask, who is an Igbo, it’s Igbo that suffered and said he needs water and that’s how we started calling them Inyamuri.

Chorus:

Igbos who are doing rubbish work, they tried us in the past but couldn’t succeed. Your leader who led the rebellion told you to repent and don’t venture into fruitless war.

Chorus:

A child doesn’t know fire until he marches on it and realizes, you will not be able to quench this fire you ignited. Stupid and shameless boy if you fit we are waiting. Let the country be divided and let’s see who will cry.

Chorus:

We knew they have nothing since their origin, it was with the money of the north, that oil was explored and found. We are farming and grazing with our cattle and knew they have nothing.

Chorus:

We northerners farm beans and they have nothing, we farm rice and they have nothing, they neither farm potatoes nor cocoa yam. They don’t have wheat, pepper, no grains and nothing. No onions and groundnuts, we eat surplus and gave southerners food. Let the country be divided, let the country be divided, we northerners are saying let the country split.

You said you don’t want us, we too we don’t want you anymore. This is our land and not someone father’s land, brothers and sisters. We have all it takes.
Igbos are the ones that ruined this country, we all know that they are the ones disguising as Fulani killing people and committing armed robbery, they are the ones blocking roads and also disguising as Boko Haram killing people without shame.

They are the ones destroying our youths and children with drugs, let the country be divided because Igbos have no any day.

They did not support our President but rigged him out. Only Yorubas supported and collaborated with us. Hausa and Fulani too collaborated but Igbos refused and we don’t want them anymore.

They inherited nothing but useless things from their origin, they did so many atrocities in the past. They killed Sardauna, Sir Ahmadu Bello our hero, they did same with Sir Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa.

Chorus

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by waledeji(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Lagos should not take more 10 million people. But there are more than 20million people there. Houses are built anyhow.

You are right, but sadly lagos was over populated by your people from potor land.

As a matter of fact, as you are lamenting about lagos right now, hundreds of your people are already on their way to lagos right now to settle down

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by GoldNiagara(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2017
EmeeNaka:

Just tell your people to take your route and head back to the east. Then you will understand that slum is not the location but the people.
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by koropotopoto: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2017
[s]
waledeji:

You are right, but sadly lagos was over populated by your people from potor land.

As a matter of fact, as you are lamenting about lagos right now, hundreds of your people are always on their way to lagos right now to settle down
[/s]
Lagos is a no man's land
Oba of Lagos is just a useless worthless scumbag idiotic vagabond tout
kiss the truth
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2017
waledeji:

You are right, but sadly lagos was over populated by your people from potor land
It's not my people that overpopulated Lagos. It's all Nigerians but I blame government for allowing that.
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by GoldNiagara(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2017
tociano009:
Chorus:

Let’s drag and drag and see who will sleep in the sun,
Igbo land, in the beginning, has no name, they were helped to get name and identity. And that’s the beginning of their trouble.

Chorus:

Please let’s ask, who is an Igbo, it’s Igbo that suffered and said he needs water and that’s how we started calling them Inyamuri.

Chorus:

Igbos who are doing rubbish work, they tried us in the past but couldn’t succeed. Your leader who led the rebellion told you to repent and don’t venture into fruitless war.

Chorus:

A child doesn’t know fire until he marches on it and realizes, you will not be able to quench this fire you ignited. Stupid and shameless boy if you fit we are waiting. Let the country be divided and let’s see who will cry.

Chorus:

We knew they have nothing since their origin, it was with the money of the north, that oil was explored and found. We are farming and grazing with our cattle and knew they have nothing.

Chorus:

We northerners farm beans and they have nothing, we farm rice and they have nothing, they neither farm potatoes nor cocoa yam. They don’t have wheat, pepper, no grains and nothing. No onions and groundnuts, we eat surplus and gave southerners food. Let the country be divided, let the country be divided, we northerners are saying let the country split.

You said you don’t want us, we too we don’t want you anymore. This is our land and not someone father’s land, brothers and sisters. We have all it takes.
Igbos are the ones that ruined this country, we all know that they are the ones disguising as Fulani killing people and committing armed robbery, they are the ones blocking roads and also disguising as Boko Haram killing people without shame.

They are the ones destroying our youths and children with drugs, let the country be divided because Igbos have no any day.

They did not support our President but rigged him out. Only Yorubas supported and collaborated with us. Hausa and Fulani too collaborated but Igbos refused and we don’t want them anymore.

They inherited nothing but useless things from their origin, they did so many atrocities in the past. They killed Sardauna, Sir Ahmadu Bello our hero, they did same with Sir Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa.

Chorus

They should make the Yoruba and Igbo version of this song. The song will win Grammy.
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by EmeeNaka: 9:25am On Aug 06, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Just tell your people to take your route and head back to the east. Then you will understand that slum is not the location but the people.
Lagos is an inheritance of all Nigerians. It should instead be made better by reducing it's population especially by starting removing Agberos, Omo niles, alabara and thiefs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by GoldNiagara(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Lagos is an inheritance of all Nigerians. It should instead be made better by reducing it's population especially by starting removing Agberos, Omo niles, alabara and thiefs.

Yes, like they have removed Evans, you see don't take alabukun for some one elses headache, speak to the ummuna to move east ward and you will understand, that Igbo and slums are like aki and pawpaw.
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by waledeji(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2017
EmeeNaka:
It's not my people that overpopulated Lagos. It's all Nigerians but I blame government for allowing that.

You blame government for allowing that but that same government deported some beggars back to their state your people were crying of been marginalized. Your people were the once saying they have every right to live anywhere in Nigeria.
I'm very sure majority of your people will still migrate to that lagos from different parts of the North from this month on

If you throw stone to lagos, na your people even go first meet
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 06, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Yes, like they have removed Evans, you see don't take alabukun for some one elses headache, speak to the ummuna to move east ward and you will understand, that Igbo and slums are like aki and pawpaw.
what of the badoo gang terrorising ikorodu ?
Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by GoldNiagara(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2017
Emeenaka is right as well as edu1.

Re: Lagos Is Irreparable by GoldNiagara(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2017
eduj:
what of the badoo gang terrorising ikorodu ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice To Southerners Living In The North (by A Kenyan) / Sanusi Brilliant On Biafra - Was There An Emir Wiser Than Sanusi?? / Independence Speech: Buhari Is Confused - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.