Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

I Won‘t Stay Proceedings In Your Case, Judge Tells Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won‘t Stay Proceedings In Your Case, Judge Tells Fayose (566 Views)

FG, EFCC Didn’t Disobey Court Order, Judge Tells Dasuki / Bailout: APC Tells Fayose Not To Be Ungrateful / Leave Buhari Alone, Face The Governance Of Ekiti– APC Tells Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won‘t Stay Proceedings In Your Case, Judge Tells Fayose by lannre(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2010
I won‘t stay proceedings in your case, judge tells Fayose

USTICE Tijani Abubakar of a Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday dismissed the application of the former Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, asking the court to stay further proceedings in a suit preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The judge had on November 17, 2009, granted the request of the EFCC to amend the charge against the accused where the previous charge of 56 was increased to 80-count charge.

The anti-graft agency had brought Fayose to court on an alleged N1.5bn money laundering and diversion of public funds.

But Fayose was dissatisfied with the ruling and urged the court to put on hold further proceedings in the suit, pending the determination of his appeal against the ruling.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001193104156

(1) (Reply)

Jos The Onces Peaceful City / Obahiagbon: There Is Substance After All. / Mutallab Now In English Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.