Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump (19682 Views)

Chioma Tyra Obiadi Celebrates Her 23rd Birthday Today With Hot Photos / Chioma Obiadi To Represent Nigeria At Miss Intercontinental World / Chioma Stephanie Obiadi At The Headies 2016 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by fiendishghoul: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
He'll grab her by the pu**y before reading that

1 Like

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Third World country talking about climate change. angry angry angry
Go and talk about how to build ur basic infrastructure angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Missy89(f): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Who gives a shite about this simpleton?
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by imykld: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
nice one
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by free2ryhme: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Well trump does not you exist

So who cares

1 Like

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by babapressy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Brain work
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by maxwelltennyson(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
and this made FP
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Kobicove(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Do you have a plan to stem resultant job losses if the US goes along with the Green House Accord?

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by YelloweWest: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
She has contributed her own 2cents.

Well said
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Amarabae(f): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
*picks up my pen* let me write my own open letter to Lalasticlala.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by salesforce: 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
Fo what
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Mayflowa(m): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
AheadMarket:

You can imagine the nonsense. Trump withdrew from Paris agreement because he thinks it is hampering energy creation and jobs. Here is Nigeria with minute energy no th sufficient for household consumption let alone for industries. The agreement stops us from creating coal energy, exactly what the world is running on.

We are not part of those emitting carbon yet we are bond by it esp when we can't use wind and solar energy to meet our energy demand. Our treasure is forever locked! No infrastructure, no ondustries, no jobs yet she is writing what she doesn't know about. Sad!

4 Likes

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by PROPHETmichael: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
nazanwannem:
40th and reigning Miss Nigeria beauty queen, Chioma Obiadi, out of her compassion for humanity has written an Open letter to United States president, Donald Trump on why and how puling out of the Paris Climate Agreement will affect the Niger - Delta region in Nigeria.

According to her, whilst climate change is still far in the consciousness of the Nigerian people, it is a step in the right direction which social actors like hers keep promoting. She also disclosed it is her dream that Nigeria becomes more green conscious, and that citizens work hard to preserve our beautiful country.

"It saddened my heart when I listened to the news few days ago to hear that the United States (US) will withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change. Although, we all know that China has recently surpassed the United States in annual greenhouse gas emissions, the US on its own has produced 27 per cent of the total carbon dioxide emissions of the world as at 2011.

The worry thing about carbon dioxide is that it stays up in the atmosphere for a very long time. Enough time to cause the damage we all try to avoid for ourselves, our families and our countries. Hence, the US is a very important country when it comes to reducing CO2 emission, protecting the environment and as a hegemony, take the lead in the movement of saving the world from itself in this discourse. Indeed, for many years, the US has continually reaffirm its leadership in promoting peace in the world and specifically promoting the need to safeguard our environment against global warming. Withdrawing from the Paris Agreement is a mistake and I urge you to reverse your decision.

Apart from the Kyoto Protocol, a pivotal moment was reached in Paris in 2015 when 196 member states reached a consensus to adopt the Paris Agreement. The Paris Agreement is an agreement with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) aimed at getting countries of the world to work together to mitigate global warming. Particularly, focused on enhancing implementation, Article 2 of the UNFCCC aims to (a) Hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change; (b) To Increase the ability to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change and foster climate resilience and low greenhouse gas emissions development, in a manner that does not threaten food production; and (c) To Make finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development.”. According to Ban Ki-moon, “For the first time, every country in the world pledged to curb their emissions, strengthen resilience and join in common cause for the common good,”

Even Nigeria through our President, Muhammadu Buhari and the former Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, signed the Paris Agreement in 2016. Whilst climate change is still far in the consciousness of the Nigerian people, it is a step in the right direction which social actors like myself keep promoting. It is my dream that Nigeria becomes more green conscious and that citizens work hard to preserve our beautiful country. The social movement in the US has been a shinning example and I really plead on your leadership to uphold the positive identity of the US as the world sees it… A super power and a role model. Through the Green-Girl Project, I have tried and still trying to bring the issues of the environment to the consciousness of the Nigerian People especially seeing the degradation we experience.

The Niger Delta being a crucial area in Nigeria that requires significant attention is one of my main focus. I am indeed happy about projects like the Ogoni Clean-up and related restoration projects. However, I fear that President Trumps decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement will affect the involvement of American companies like Exxon Mobil who should be crucial to promoting the clean-up and other climate change issues in Nigeria. Exxon Mobil is at the heart of Nigeria’s economy as a major manufacturer and marketer of commodity and specialty petrochemicals in Nigeria. I want to see Exxon mobil increase its commitment to safeguarding the environment in Nigeria through its social investment project.

According to NASA, earth’s temperatures in 2015 were the hottest ever recorded. Rising temperatures and changing patterns of rain and sunshine are changing where plants grow, and in the case of our oceans, encouraging the proliferation of species that impact native ocean habitat. As ocean waters warm, they expand, causing sea-levels to rise. We are at increased risk of storms, droughts, and floods with communities at risk of their life and livelihood. This is all over the news everyday and it is by no chance “fake news”.

For this reason, I continue to urge people especially in Nigeria to do their bit to promote and safeguard the environment through little actions they can practice in their living space. At the same time, I urge you Mr President to take a bolder step than your predecessors to show your commitment to protecting the environment in the US and the world. I look forward to better action from your government, moving forward.

Climate change is already beginning to transform life on earth. We cannot change global warming in terms of where it is today but we can stop it before from gets worse.I agree with Former President Barack Obama when he said, “This is national security issue, it is not just an enviromental issue”. Hence, reaffirming your commitment to the Paris Agreement and other related commitment is not about the environment, it is about ‘putting American first’ and it is about saving the world. Be the super power you claim to be and walk your talk …lead by example. "

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/us-pulling-paris-agreement-will-affect-niger-delta-miss-nigeria-writes-open-letter-donald-trump.html

Attention seeker!!!

Trump has told you and everyone who cares to listen that it's America first and you are here talking about Niger Delta. Have you address the carbon that Buratai and his boys are causing in the creek through the burning of illegal oil bunkering?

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by ikenna20: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Okay nice
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by flyca: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
FitnessDoc:
I am very impressed that Miss Nigeria does not feel the suffering of her own people when it comes to poverty and unemployment, but focuses on climate change..

I have never heard of any of her open letters to the Nigerian government

Here is my message

Let me say this to you all on nairaland.. Creating entrepreneurs will not and never save Nigeria's economy or create more jobs for the people.. You see everyone claiming that they have the passion, that they have the skill and they want to become entrepreneurs because Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gate made them believe they would..

Friends, let me tell you Bill Gates and Mark Zuck's ideas were enhanced by a favourable economy and that is what we need... To create employment for the people we need to stop believing the lies like Npower and start protesting for real jobs (Npower ends in 2 years time you know).... Just look at some companies in American and how many people they employ

Apple - 75,000
Microsoft - 114,000
Google - 61,000
Facebook - 17,000
Berkshire Hathaway - 367,700
General Electric - 301,000
Walmart - 2.3 million people (This company employs 1.4 million in the United States alone)
Amazon - 341,000

That is almost 4 million people employed by just 8 companies and one of these companies Walmart employs over 1.4 million people in just one country alone.. that is 1.4 million jobs created by just one company.

Imagine if government start building STEEL COMPANIES, FACTORIES FOR PRODUCTION, REFINING COMPANIES, BIG AGRIC FARMS, instead of giving us fertilizers loans to go and do it ourselves..

Imagine if the government passes a law that any foreign company that wants to do business in Nigeria, must have one of its assembling plants or operating factories here in Nigeria and 40% of the employees must be Nigerians..

Imagine such... There would be so much jobs... With at least 2 large farms in every state (owned and run by the government possibly) employing over 5,000 people each... That 360,000 jobs in 36 states with more jobs being created through distribution and exporting of the products... I reckon tens of thousands more jobs..

Just Imagine.. Don't let all you hear about Entrepreneurship fool you.. As long as the economy is bad, entrepreneurship will face more problems and it will be harder for those with real dreams to make real impact..

We can do sometime by sharing this idea with the government.. We can do something by speaking up to them about this instead of blaming them.. Let us make an effort so that we can eat good food, have security and sleep at night..

it is for our own good..

Let us speak it on every thread and post it on our social media handles, with the #Nigeriamustchange

I remain Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor, your favorite health blogger
Its been long I read something this intelligent on NL last. If you have time, check up this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3814961/why-still-unemployed

This was the same message I was trying to preach but the average Nigerian youth has either being bought with ten pieces of silver or maybe just forming ITK. I just tire. These days, I pocket my opinion to myself. They don' want to hear it!

1 Like

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by iamtardey: 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
you say wetin ?
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by FitnessDoc: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
flyca:

Its been long I read something thos intelligent on NL last. If you have time, check up this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3814961/why-still-unemployed

This was the same message I was trying to preach but the average Nigerian youth has either being bought with ten pieces of silver or maybe just forming ITK. I just tire. These days, I pocket my opinion to myself. They don' want to hear it!

I read your message and I love the hashtag #creatingentrepreneurs

It is very beautiful that you are focusing on being a figure rather than being one of the pack...

I would love to know you more.. if you don't mind?
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
Well done president trump. United States can't keep paying for other people's stupidity with their tax payers money.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by porka: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Her write up is filled with many assertions.

Is she one of 'millions climate scientists' behind the 'global cooling, global warning and climate change' enterprises?

Young woman, the business is on the verge of bankruptcy. America has a business mogul now as president who can smell business and opportunity from a thousand mile, not a community organizer.

The financial institutions forced to advance facilities to so-called 'green' businesses have began taking stocks of their losses already. And China will soon find out that sponsoring phantom climate apocalypse NGOs with negative ROI is not the same as building railroads.

You are advised to find another venture; try importation of human hair - you don't have to know what CO2 means at least.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by mexyk(m): 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
FitnessDoc:
I am very impressed that Miss Nigeria does not feel the suffering of her own people when it comes to poverty and unemployment, but focuses on climate change..

I have never heard of any of her open letters to the Nigerian government

Here is my message

Let me say this to you all on nairaland.. Creating entrepreneurs will not and never save Nigeria's economy or create more jobs for the people.. You see everyone claiming that they have the passion, that they have the skill and they want to become entrepreneurs because Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gate made them believe they would..

Friends, let me tell you Bill Gates and Mark Zuck's ideas were enhanced by a favourable economy and that is what we need... To create employment for the people we need to stop believing the lies like Npower and start protesting for real jobs (Npower ends in 2 years time you know).... Just look at some companies in American and how many people they employ

Apple - 75,000
Microsoft - 114,000
Google - 61,000
Facebook - 17,000
Berkshire Hathaway - 367,700
General Electric - 301,000
Walmart - 2.3 million people (This company employs 1.4 million in the United States alone)
Amazon - 341,000

That is almost 4 million people employed by just 8 companies and one of these companies Walmart employs over 1.4 million people in just one country alone.. that is 1.4 million jobs created by just one company.

Imagine if government start building STEEL COMPANIES, FACTORIES FOR PRODUCTION, REFINING COMPANIES, BIG AGRIC FARMS, instead of giving us fertilizers loans to go and do it ourselves..

Imagine if the government passes a law that any foreign company that wants to do business in Nigeria, must have one of its assembling plants or operating factories here in Nigeria and 40% of the employees must be Nigerians..

Imagine such... There would be so much jobs... With at least 2 large farms in every state (owned and run by the government possibly) employing over 5,000 people each... That 360,000 jobs in 36 states with more jobs being created through distribution and exporting of the products... I reckon tens of thousands more jobs..

Just Imagine.. Don't let all you hear about Entrepreneurship fool you.. As long as the economy is bad, entrepreneurship will face more problems and it will be harder for those with real dreams to make real impact..

We can do sometime by sharing this idea with the government.. We can do something by speaking up to them about this instead of blaming them.. Let us make an effort so that we can eat good food, have security and sleep at night..

it is for our own good..

Let us speak it on every thread and post it on our social media handles, with the #Nigeriamustchange

I remain Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor, your favorite health blogger

It is not really the business of the government to build and create these jobs. They just have to create the right enabling environment which includes favorable policies, security and public goods for the private sector to thrive. the public sector especially in Nigeria may not do so great running these businesses. Public private partnerships that is public sector enabled and private sector led.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by pokipoki: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
What she should understand is that millions of American jobs will be lost if the US decides to abide by the agreement. Trump is really a true leader who cares for his people, unlike many African leaders who just sign the agreement without thinking of the immediate and future consequence. Although, critics will argue that the effects of this global warming.
The question she needs to ask is what benefit does Nigeria tends to achieve in the agreement. The answer is zero. The developed nations will not subsidize or build any renewable energy power plant.
Because of the agreement, Nigeria cannot generate energy from coal going forward. Yet UK, is still running 9 coal plant generating about 14.4GW (Not MW) and plans to shut it down by by 2025.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
AheadMarket:

Exactly!!!
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by FitnessDoc: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
mexyk:

It is not really the business of the government to build and create these jobs. They just have to create the right enabling environment which includes favorable policies, security and public goods for the private sector to thrive. the public sector especially in Nigeria may not do so great running these businesses. Public private partnerships that is public sector enabled and private sector led.

Seriously it is not the business of the government and yet we have Npower which employs over 200,000 graduates, wasn't that job creation.. The private sector can never thrive unless, there is some big things standing... In America you have Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Walmart, Exxon and so many others, these big companies are the reasons why America's private sector is still thriving today..

Where are the big guns in Nigeria?
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by kingthreatz: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ipob stripper seeking for notice. Donald Trump doesn't care if she exists
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
lol does she actually think trump will read her letter?
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by porka: 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mayflowa:

You can imagine the nonsense. Trump withdrew from Paris agreement because he thinks it is hampering energy creation and jobs. Here is Nigeria with minute energy no th sufficient for household consumption let alone for industries. The agreement stops us from creating coal energy, exactly what the world is running on.

We are not part of those emitting carbon yet we are bond by it esp when we can't use wind and solar energy to meet our energy demand. Our treasure is forever locked! No infrastructure, no ondustries, no jobs yet she is writing what she doesn't know about. Sad!

Those you see here in Nigeria talking about this global scam are part of the large pool of worldwide business empires created around the nonsense.

They are paid generously and are included in the statistics of world 'scientists' who have impeccable proofs. Many of them don't even know what they are talking about.

Can you imagine one of them claimed on radio the other day that CO2 is responsible for earthquakes?

1 Like

Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wetin this girl dey talk sef?

Chai!!! Better stick to pageantry. Climate change as if climate will ever remain stagnant. Even Al Gore never write letter to Trump
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by TheMortician: 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Obviously the most brilliant amongst current beauty contestants in Nigeria but but still super dumb.

No African country should be taking about green gas emissions when Africans need as much manufacturing plant she can muster if she has any hopes of meeting up with the rest of the world in the next 200 years. The West has finished destroying the atmosphere with their manufacturing plants and wants the rest of the world to save the atmosphere for them when they have profited enough from the pollution to create an alternative.

China refused and have been surging forward. Nigeria should too.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
In summary shes talking about global warming and how puling out of the Paris climate agreement will affect the Niger - Delta region in Nigeria

The agreement is BS.

However, there's nothing stopping individual and countries from adhering to the tenets.

My state, California, is continuing to abide by it.

Trump is simply a President, he's not a god.
Re: Chioma Obiadi's Open Letter To Donald Trump by tukdi: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
In summary shes talking about global warming and how puling out of the Paris climate agreement will affect the Niger - Delta region in Nigeria

I've been observing u for sometime now!!! grin

It's good to hv u on NL, u like summarising news for us! we are grateful!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jaywon Visits Olakunle Churchill And Orphanage Home In Abuja (photos) / Kentura Forgives Jim Iyke 4 Cheating On Her With Tutupie / Chita Agwu Releases Wedding Invites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.