Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

No Longer At Ease - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Longer At Ease (376 Views)

Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks / Democracy Is No Longer At Risk, Democracy Is Dead In Nigeria / No Longer At Ease, Senate President BUKOLA SARAKI Exposes Fulani Herdsmen, Revea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Longer At Ease by Aristo3146(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
Some time last year, precisely 11th May, a crowd of patriotic Nigerians gathered at National Assembly Complex protesting an increase in fuel price from #87 to #145, the protest was intended to plead with the national assembly to intervene and save us from the executive arm of Govt.

Few days back, the senate reciprocated the gesture by constituting a committee headed by Senator Kabiru Gaya, this committee proposed a #5 increase in the pump price of fuel. This brought us to a Biblical saying credited to King Rehoboam the son of king Solomon in the book of 1 Kings 12:11
'Whereas my father loaded you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke; my father disciplined you with whips, but I will discipline you with scorpions."

WHERE WOULD NIGERIANS RUN TO IN PROTEST THIS TIME AROUND

The impact of this fuel increase will be felt by the poor masses. Senators, House of Rep. members and top government officials will increase their transportation allowances to reflect the price increase. This is justified by the recent increase in the National Assembly's budget from #115 billion to #125 billion.

The proposed "National Road Fund Establishment Bill," which increase in the pump price of petrol is among the content is not consistent with PMB's Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) which advocates Public private partnership (PPP) as a tool for transportation infrastructure development as against taxing the public for Road infrastructural development as contained in National assembly's "National Road Fund Establishment Bill."

Disclaimer: The above article represents my personal views and its not in anyway intended to promote or instigate political or social unrest.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Living On Borrowed Money, May Collapse Soon- Ex Gov Obi / Let's Pray For Our Nation. / The Biafran Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.