Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Can A Committed Land Be Released? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Committed Land Be Released? (4780 Views)

Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 2bedroom Duplex / DON'T WAIT TO BUY LAND, BE A LAND LORD TODAY IN THE FAST DEVELOPING IBEJU LEKKI / Can 300 Square Metres Land Be Sufficient To Build 6 2 Bedroom Flats In 2 Floors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Committed Land Be Released? by shawn55ng: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dear Gurus,

I bought a land recently around magodo area but my findings shows that the land is under scheme which means it is under government acquisition-committed. Further investigation shows that government can release the land in the nearest future not verified though

Please how is this possible?

Has there been anyone gone through this process and government release the land that was committed before.

What options do i have do deal with a family surveyor who misled me by doing a fake survey?

Please constructive response.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
It can be ratified meaning you'll pay more than you even bought the land.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by shawn55ng: 6:28am On Jun 06, 2017
24sqm:
It can be ratified meaning you'll pay more than you even bought the land.

Thank you my broda. Noted.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by IntrovertGuy: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Wisdombankxz: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Everything is possible in Life. Don't give up OK.

Meanwhile we have an active 12.3k followers instagram page for sale. (98% Nigerians)

Call or whatsapp 08084334575 for instant biz.

Plz. Scammers, Kindly stay off.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Mr2kay2: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Op you wan follow government drag land
It's a dead on arrival fight tongue
The fight has been lost even before throwing ordinary stone

Need a website/blog today?
Contact 2kconcepts
Numbers in the signature

We charge Affordable budgets
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by MonkeyNoFine: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2017
One Chance.

The OP is not intelligent at all. How can you not know what you are buying?when everything in Lagos can be verified online?

1 Like

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by chinybelle(f): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2017
cry
Just forget it

Human Hairs and wigs available
Join us on Instagram @chinybelle_ hair
Call/WhatsApp 08063861919

1 Like

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by dayleke: 7:32am On Jun 06, 2017
What options do i have do deal with a family surveyor who misled me by doing a fake survey?

That should be of great concern to you that na shady sale.
Sorry OP.
They knew what they were doing.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by SIRKAY98(m): 7:33am On Jun 06, 2017
Run for your Dear Life
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Wiseoldman: 7:38am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:
One Chance.

The OP is not intelligent at all. How can you not know what you are buying?when everything in Lagos can be verified online?

How do you verify a land online.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by SHEAU(m): 7:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Wiseoldman:

How do you verify a land online.
U wey sabi, how do u verify land online?

1 Like

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by money121(m): 7:51am On Jun 06, 2017
No
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by jidxin(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:
One Chance.

where online ooo

2 Likes

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by einsteino(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:
One Chance.

verify land online? abeg teacher come and teach us .

1 Like

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by omogogo(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2017
i work with lands bureau lagos state govt, there are process you follow to acquire the land..
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by omogogo(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2017
i work with lands bureau,ministry of lands,there are requirements that you can follow to own the land
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by EvaVerdure(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2017
A committed land cannot be ratified except same is declared uncommitted by the Government. When a place is declared a committed area it means the Government has reserved same for a future purpose. That's why it's proper to do a search and/or chart the survey of a property before buying same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by agyo(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Hi all,

After investigation, i was told that my land in Rivers State is marked for government acquisition.

No government official has/have ever visited us before they came and survey or land and marked as that o!!!! Only for us to go for building permit approval, we were given that shocker of our lives.

What can i do. Site clearing just put on hold.

Don't know left, right not centre to enter.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by INTEGRITYMAN: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2017
No sir
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by dotcomnamename: 9:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Hmm Nawa O!
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by AmanRoyal(f): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2017
A Land under Government Acquisition is a land acquired by the Government for its own specific use and there are plans for these lands in the nearest future depending on what the Government intends to do with the land. These lands have been acquired for years by the government and its at the Government’s discretion to release those lands to people who have illegally bought the Land from Omoniles or not depending on if they need to use the lands for a specific purpose or not and if the release of those acquired lands to the people will not disrupt any regional or urban planning regulation.

Meanwhile A Committed Land is a land the Government already has Plans for and most certainly nothing will make the Government alter its mind to give up that land. Such lands include lands earmarked for Government estates, Roads, Government Schemes etc. In fact if you buy a land in a committed Area, you’re on your own because they will never approve the papers and if you build a property there, it will most certainly be demolished.

Committed Acquisition: This simply means that the government has said that on this land they have decided to construct a railway, build a bridge or even a standard stadium. Invariably, there is always a use attached to a land that is a under Committed Acquisition and it is usually stated from the onset such that it is difficult for such land to later become free and be available for other uses. When the land status indicates that the land is committed, don’t deal! Its always difficult to do anything about it.
In one sentence; We should be wary dealing in such land

According to Land Bureau website “Ratification (now referred to as Regularisation) is a policy of grace that avails squatters on uncommitted Government Land, the opportunity to obtain legal title to the land encroached upon from the State Government. It is the process of allocating Government land to someone who had previously occupied landed property without lawful authority from the State Government”

Regularisation is subject to two (2) basic conditions:

(i) That the property must not be situated in a Government Scheme, Estate or Committed Area; and

(ii) The property must be situated within an area that conforms with Urban and Regional Planning regulations and standards of the State.

Regularization in other words is a process whereby illegal owners of lands in areas under Government acquisition that are not Committed lands are given the opportunity to obtain a legal title to the land encroached or trespassed upon from the State Government.

To simplify it, it means the process of allocating Government Land to someone who had previously occupied landed property without lawful authority from the State Government but it is subject to 7 Conditions:

1. That the property must not be situated in a Government Scheme, Estate or Committed area

2. The Property must be situated within an Area that conforms to Urban and Regional Planning Regulations and Standard of the State.

3. The Appropriate Set back of the Land must be observed.

4. The Appropriate distances from drainages, Canals, NNPC pipelines, Gas Pipelines, NEPA transformers, High Tension Wires, Water Pipelines and other restrictions laid down by the Physical Planning and Town Planning

5. The land must not fall on road Alignment

6. The land must not fall within a Committed Government Area

7. The Land must fall within the Permitted Regularization Areas

4 Likes

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by danemenike: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2017
Good
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Kevwelize: 11:11am On Jun 06, 2017
shawn55ng:

Thank you my broda. Noted.
Once it is committed it cannot be ratified.
Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
Livintestimony1:
Congrats to yesterday's winners. All thanks to God Almighty for making it Possible.. See images below for more..
mods kindly ban dis fella till when naija host world cup

1 Like

Re: Can A Committed Land Be Released? by DrGoodmanFather: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
shawn55ng:
Dear Gurus,

Please constructive response.

Cut your loses and focus on the surveyor. Take him to court to re-coup your money. Before you buy any land in Lagos, call a registered surveyor and the status of the land can be verified instantly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Richfield Estate @ N600,000 Per Plot Payable In 24 Months @ N25,000 Per Month / »»» 4 Bedroom Bungalow @ N27M Negotiable ««« / Good And Cheap land & buildings In Various Estates in Abuja For Sale(updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.