Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] (1293 Views)

How Safe Are Our Railway Tracks In Nigeria? Abuja As A Case Study! / US Visa Renewal / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by CreativeWeb(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Please, I need your help about US Visa Application.

My company is sending me to US for a business. I have a letter from my company indicating they are sending me. I have a letter of invitation from our business partner. I want to apply for a B1 Visa. I will be staying 3 months.

Here's my challenge...

I want to travel with my wife. While filling the DS-160 form,
1. Should I indicate that she will be accompanying me?

If yes,

2. Will she also fill a separate DS-160 form and book interview?

3. What kind of Visa will she apply for? B2?

4. Since my company is sponsoring me, will I need a copy of the company's bank account statement to convince the consular that my travel expenses will be taken care of while in the US?

5. How long does Visa processing take? I will be attending a conference which will start on 13th July. I want to apply for visa on Thursday 8th June. Possible date of interview is showing 23rd June. Can we get the visa before 13th July?

Thank you so much.
Re: Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by aioluwa: 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
Don't apply with your wife since it's an official trip. When you return from the trip you can apply with your wife on a personal trip. This answers your questions 1 - 3
4. Go with your company statement of account (though they hardly ask to see it)
5. This will be determined by the traffic (but the earlier the better)
Re: Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by CreativeWeb(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2017
aioluwa:
Don't apply with your wife since it's an official trip. When you return from the trip you can apply with your wife on a personal trip. This answers your questions 1 - 3
4. Go with your company statement of account (though they hardly ask to see it)
5. This will be determined by the traffic (but the earlier the better)

Actually, she's part of the conference.

Let me make it clearer, I'm a Pastor. My church is sending us to attend Synod conference and Women's Conference of a sister church in the US.

I will attend the Synod while see attends the Women's Conference. Both conferences run concurrently.

I will need a B1 Visa. She will need a B2 Visa.

My question...

How do I link the two DS-160 application forms together so that we attend interview together?

Thanks.
Re: Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by Anderson25(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
You are not really talking straight here...... you said "your company earlier, and now u are saying your church...
Re: Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by CreativeWeb(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
Anderson25:
You are not really talking straight here...... you said "your company earlier, and now u are saying your church...

It's church not a company or organization?
Re: Please, I Need Help With US Visa Application [case Study] by Astonestone: 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
CreativeWeb:

Actually, she's part of the conference.

Let me make it clearer, I'm a Pastor. My church is sending us to attend Synod conference and Women's Conference of a sister church in the US.

I will attend the Synod while see attends the Women's Conference. Both conferences run concurrently.

I will need a B1 Visa. She will need a B2 Visa.

My question...

How do I link the two DS-160 application forms together so that we attend interview together?

Thanks.
I believe you can both select b1/b2 visa
Anyhow, you can link it on the second website where you book your appointment. You would be asked if you are travelling with someone then you add her details

When it's time to entree transaction reference you will enter both of your payment receipt number.

From there you book your appointment
Yes she needs to fill her own ds160 form

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Item Is Yet To Be Delivered by EMS / This Is The Best Place To Spend Valentine's Day In Lagos. / Travelling To Uk With British Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.