Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air (627 Views)

I Forget My ATM Card In The ATM Machine But Someone Called Me To Come Pick It / I Am Having Issues Using My ATM Card For Online Transactions / Very Rich Personality Kidnapper Evans Has Vanished, Moved Out Of Lagos Prison At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air by SilverG33k(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
A UBA atm card got stuck in UBA atm gallery and the card cannot be found.

Now this question goes to all bank operatives....

Is it possible for atm cards to disappear like noble gases ??

Just last week friday, I went to the UBA atm gallery to withdraw from my friend's atm card. On getting there, I forgot the atm pin. Normally I could have called my friend to tell me the pin but my phone wasn't with me and there was no available means of contacting him. That was how I kept fumbling with the atm, punching pins I could remember. I knew after 3 incorrect entry, my card would be retained, so i risked the last attempt trying to enter the pin but unfortunately the card got retained.

The worst I thought would happen was the owner of the card to come back probably 2 hours later, unfortunately, my friend could not make it to the bank that friday.

We observed a public holiday yesterday june 12(the following monday) so we could not get to the bank. Now we are currently inside the bank and the customer care rep is telling us that the atm card cannot be found. He brought out roughly 2dozens of atm cards and we simply can't find the atm card that was retained. I simply do not know what could be wrong, but i suspect that the card was perforated. Though I am not sure oh, its just an observation.

The excuse he gave was that maybe the card got stuck inside the atm machine or maybe the atm fell on the floor. The worst excuse he gave was that maybe I did not even use the Atm machine or I am lying against them. Whatever excuse they gave me, I've seen a reason why they are not worthy to manage my account again because ordinary my atm card, they can't manage it.

This thread is not to bring anyone down or a means of advertising a brand but I would like to ask bank operatives, what can make atm card disappear just like that ??

1 Like

Re: How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air by Afonjashapmouth: 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
The gist is, by now you should know what our banking system is. They are just all out to milk us of our hard earn money.
Re: How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air by SilverG33k(m): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
The gist is, by now you should know what our banking system is. They are just all out to milk us of our hard earn money.
I swear they will give you 25naira interest and deduct 60naira maintenance fee
Re: How My Atm Card Vanished In Thin Air by Raptureminded(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ah! UBA the bank worst ooooo... The same thing that happened to OP happened to me last week... I used my mum's ATM unfortunately for me I forgot the pin... they retained and my mum went there the next day they couldn't produce the ATM... so she has to get new one

(1) (Reply)

. / Excited Groom Grabs His Bride By The Chest While Kissing During Their Wedding Ce / Menace Of Text Message Abbreviations On English Language Examinations Http://pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.