Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Ready To Monetize Your Blog? 5 Terrible Mistakes To Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ready To Monetize Your Blog? 5 Terrible Mistakes To Avoid (478 Views)

How To Get Traffic To A New Blog – 5 Great Ways / Rate This Blog /5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ready To Monetize Your Blog? 5 Terrible Mistakes To Avoid by MrTechy(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
You feel it's time you start making money from your hard work (blog)?

This is a nice idea, to be honest with ourselfs, apart from having a passion for blogging which many bloggers will want to claim, making money is also one of the reason's, if not the main reason you're into blogging.

Making money from your blog won't hurt, so you thought? But any wrong approach towards that may cost you your whole work. Mistake is inevitable, but not learning from it is pure foolishness, I shape myself with mistakes and learn from others mistake.

I'm sharing 5 terrible mistake to advoid.

Firstly, lets take a quick look at the term Monetization

Wikipedia says

"Monetization is the process of converting or establishing something into legal tender. While it usually refers to the coining of currency or the printing of bank notes by central banks, it may also take the form of a promissory currency.
The term "monetization" may also be used informally to refer to exchanging possessions for cash or cash equivalents, including selling a security interest, attempting to make money on goods or services that were previously unprofitable or had been considered to have the potential to earn profits."

Now let's narrow this to blogging.

Blogging in this case is your company or business that is suppose to bring in profit.

The act of finding a way to get profit from you blog is called Monetization. hope you get this simple explanation.

There are so may ways to monetize a blog successfully, but some newbie blogger are doing it the wrong way, which is why you feel making money from your blog is a scam.

In other to address this misconception about blogging, lets take a look at some mistake to avoid when set to monetize your blog, and ways to solve them.

Ready to Monetize Your Blog? Then Checkout This 5 Terrible Mistake to Avoid

1. Don't Litter Ads

Oh yeah, you want that money quickly, and you think littering ads from different network in you blog is the best? Hell no, littering ads in your site will only dwarf your endings (if at all you have any) not only that, it increase bounce rate, that single practices will make your readers to click the exit or back button immidiately they visit.

Also Read:[url="http://1960tech.com.ng/long-will-take-start-making-money-blog/"]How Long Will It Take Me, to Start Making Money From My Blog[/url]

In a nutshell don't litter ads in your blog put ads in a strategies area.

2.Sell What We Want
This is one terrible mistake you can ever make as a blogger, newbie sometimes are fond of this mistake.

What do i mean by sell what we want? Am simply asking you to sell what your readers or audience want, and not what you think you want.

You can't be blogging about how to make money and you're pushing, "Drugs for Curing Diabetise" ads to your readers, there is a low possibilty of you selling that products.
Or do you expect someone who is reading your blog because he wants information on how to create a wordpress blog, to click on an advert link of Kim Kardishian new looks?

Understand what your readers need, what they will likely buy, like selling an Ebook on "How to make Legit money online" on a blogging tips blog will sell.

Convince them how the product will help them in their quest of making money online.

3.Don't Promote or Sell Products You're Not Sure of

When i say "Sure of" i mean untrusted products just because it pays big you want to recommend it for your readers? Don't it try it, in my previous post [url="http://1960tech.com.ng/build-trusting-relationship-blog-readers/"]on building readers trust [/url], i wrote about how this singular act can drive away your readers they might eventually buy that product, but when they discover that the product is bad or useless that user will never come back again or might even label you a scammer.

Have seen so many here on nairaland

Sell products you're sure is not scam, do well by removing any product you think are not good or are changing their services which won't favor your readers.

4. Don't Patronize Bad Ads Company
They are many Advertising company around both the bad and the good promising very handsome pay.
This is one mistake even pro bloggers sometimes fall victim of, as a firstimer falling victim of such ads company will make you feel making money online is a scam.
But it is not true. Always take reviews of every ads company you're planning to use from pro or someone who is using them before trying them to avoid those scammers. They won't pay you.

5. You Must Have Traffic

You want to make money quickly you feel blogging is the right venture, for record sake, blogging is not a get rich quick venture. Hard work is the key.

Before monitizing your blog Write quality SEO content that will bring traffic to your blog, ads without traffic is useless, you'll endup not making a dime

source: https://johnytechy.com
Re: Ready To Monetize Your Blog? 5 Terrible Mistakes To Avoid by Elvis4real28: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE AND MULTIPLY YOUR WEALTH WITHOUT REGRET !!!
GRAB THIS OFFER AT SINAI GARDENS @ N600k juicy promo offer!!!

Location: Oriba, by Eleranigbe, Ibeju-Lekki. About 45 minutes drive from Ajah

Title: Survey Plan No LA/2687/2017/AO4A

Coordinates (725351mN, 592020mE)

Dry Plain Land

Promo Price: N600,000

Promo ends: 30th May 2017

Payments on Installments: N700,000: N100,000 deposit + 12 monthly payments of N50,000
Plot Size: 600sqm
SINAI GARDENS enjoys a great neighbouhood with the following landmarks:
· The New Lekki International Airport
· Trinity Parks & Gardens
· Diamond Boulevard Estate
·Goshen Courts
·Havilla County Estates plus several upcoming development projects and gated estates
Title: Lagos State Registered Survey with Plan No: LA/2687/2017/AO4A. We have carried out due diligence to ensure that the estate land does not fall under any known Committed acquisition. Excision in process.
Site inspection take off point/Office: 10b Agboola Gomez, Bashorun, Majek, Ajah
Instant Documentation. Allocation in 6 weeks. HURRY AS PROMO IS VALID WHILE OFFER LAST.
Pls call 08117643590 NOW !!!

(1) (Reply)

Web Builder / Some Tech Abbreviations And Full Meaning / Fully Verified Naija Non-hosted Adsense With $11 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.