Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits (425 Views)

Wenger Admits Alexis Sanchez Went To Old Trafford Because Of Money / OMG!! Wenger Admits Why He Could Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season / Wenger Admits Arsenal Could Sell Ozil And Sanchez In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by 360gistpilot(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
Arsene Wenger has revealed yet another one of his regrets as Arsenal manager, according to the French manager, not signing Michael Carrick when he had the chance was one of his regrets.

Carrick was linked to Arsenal in 2004 but they were beaten to his signature by north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

Wenger told Arsenal’s website that he has long been a fan of Carrick, who played his testimonial game at Old Trafford on Sunday.

“One of my regrets is never having had him as a player because I think he was one of the greatest players in English football,” said the Frenchman.

“I would say personally I’m an admirer of his career, of his quality.

“I wish him all the best for the future.”
The 67-year-old added: “I believe as well that he did not always get the reward and the tribute, the recognition he deserved.

“I give Michael my deepest congratulations for his testimonial.

“I think he deserves it hugely.”

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/one-of-my-regrets-is-not-signing.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by temitope277(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
and u will never stop regretting
Re: One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by beetown(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Baba,your work is to regret...you had the chance to sign all the heavyweights in present day football and you alwayd fluffed your lines

1 Like

Re: One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
embarassedArsenal my one and only beloved club.Arsene Wenger just destroyed Arsenal and he's good at regretting.
Re: One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by GavelSlam: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wenger in an extraordinary manager he would be missed when he retires.

(1) (Reply)

Barca Aiming To Win Everything — Messi / Victor Anichebe Encounters A Python While Jogging In His Hometown Anambra (photo / 30 Career Facts As Lionel Messi Clocks 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.