Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Enough Of Theses Lamentations - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Enough Of Theses Lamentations (672 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of Theses Lamentations by clevadani: 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hmmm, where will I start from
A day doesn't pass by without one seeing new threads filled with lamentations of a youth on nairaland. I don't know if I should sympathize or be annoyed with these people. In fact, I am more angry than sympathetic with this set of people. Before bringing out your pitchforks, let me tell why.
If you are young and you are educated as you claim, then you have no right to complain. If you went to a university, your case is bad. And if you can make use of the internet, your case is even worse. How can you go to the university with the mindset of getting a job in Nigeria? Where's the job going to come from? Don't you read the news? There are no jobs. Not in Nigeria. There's virtually zero investments that will lead to the creation of jobs. The only available ones are left for the privileged few and the very lucky ones.
Going into the University and especially in Nigeria, your mindset should be that of solving problems and taking advantage of the various opportunities that abound in this country. The world is now a global village, you're not just limited to Nigeria.
I know that our educational system is highly flawed, and doesn't prepare you for real life. It is still the same, as it was in the he 80's with no difference. You could get your employment letter before graduation and jobs were in abundance then.
But it is now up to you to educate yourself. You must equip yourself with skills that will make you relevant in this millennium. The internet has opened a whole lot of opportunities and you must seize them. YouTube is filled with millions of tutorials on any skill. These are skills you can learn and start making money both offline and online. If you just want to do business, then follow the Igbo model. Look for a very successful and God-fearing business man, and work for him for free. With the understanding that he/she will set you up after you finish the service. Even if the businessman doesn't set you up, you would have gathered enough experience and contacts to stand on your own. Trust me it is better than teaching for 5 years.
I am a website developer, seo expert and a fresh graduate of physics. I hustle for jobs both offline and online. I work for myself. Some days, I work for just an hour and on other times I work for 16hours. I've not started making millions, but I know that I am on the right path.Even if I work just for five hours daily, I'll still earn more than the amounts I see people write here daily. And if I'm not working sometimes, I'm always on YouTube watching a tutorial or just reading news.
To be a success, you must be ready to make sacrifices, work hard, be ready to learn, be ready to take risks and be really tenacious. This is the time to stop blaming the government, your school, your discipline, your parents, and your village people. And start to take responsibility. Get off nairaland, twitter, facebook, instagram, snap chat, lib etc and start being productive. Time is the most important commodity in this life and it waits for nobody.
Thanks for reading(awaiting your insults)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nope....Naw....Nah....No.....No one in all honesty should insult you for anything you wrote up there. It's the simple truth of things. After graduating with a degree in Communications/Media, I had but a few brief stints in that calling, delved into Public Health (11 Pro certificates in maternal/child health)...............in summary you will pat me on the back when you read my CV. But Hell No, there was job for me out there, until I made one for myself- started an online magazine (with a friend) and then earlier this year launched a news website. Bro, I can't say much, but that's it, as you've said-------NO JOB out there. We gotta make the jobs. Sad but that's the reality
Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by amokeme(f): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
Well said.. one thing is to have an idea, another is to have the capital (or equipment) to start. Though the capital can be gotten( without any physical dime) when you engage your possibility mentality.
All in all, is still not easy.... But is doable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by holuwajobar(m): 12:32am On Jun 06, 2017
Albert einstein once said, it is insanity when u keep doing something d same way and u xpect different result.... Nigerians, open ur ears, dere z no job in nigeria.... Be a job creator, u claim u went to university, but u are nt trained to look fr job...u were trained to use ur head to solve problems.....

Pls and pls, dnt cum to nairaland to lament ur stupidity..... Dnt discourage our teenager frm goin to school.... Let me tell u one thing, d problem is nt Nigeria as u guys think....it is U dah z d problem...

There are rich people in the poorest countries likewise as there are beggars in the richest countries....

Jez think....think.....

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by Caseless: 6:38am On Jun 06, 2017
I don't blame those who come here to lament, but blame our government/society for putting so much value on paper certificate instead of skills.
I know a 'roadside mechanic' who got every knowledge he uses in fixing cars from the classroom at kadpoly. I know of an aeronautic engineer who developed everything that brought him to his level today from attending a technical school in my LG. As a secondary school student, he was already making designs to solve problems;all this he learnt in that school. This is how some people who value skills, picked him up and today he's in london.
We all know kellani Aliyu turned down a university admission, and opted for a polytechnic where he can improve on his skills.
When I was a kid, I was alway hearing my dad talking about how technical school is the best and where we should all go, but the hate for how their uniform is styled won't make me look their way for once. Though, before I could grow to the age of sec' school age mos technical secondary schools had lost their value and the 'technical' part ignored and abandoned.
Many people could make one thing or the other back then.
If we want to really unleash our potential as a nation, we need to go back to the old way.
This outdated lecturers who are still in the 80s while the world is in 21st century can't take us there. We need re-orientation.
Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by clevadani: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2017
amokeme:
Well said.. one thing is to have an idea, another is to have the capital (or equipment) to start. Though the capital can be gotten( without any physical dime) when you engage your possibility mentality.

Yes, it is really doable. And like I said youths should stop wallowing in self pity and start cracking their brains. There are successful business men and women who are looking for young, honest and enthusiastic youths to mentor.
Youths should be patient and stop looking for quick money and start up capital. Meet these business people and offer to work for them for free for a couple of years. With the understanding that they would help you find your own venture when the time is right. This will not just give you experience in that line of business, it will also give you the required contacts when you want to start your own business. No wise business person will reject free service. Some might even take pity on you and give you paid employment.
This is the time for youths to start thinking outside of the box and put their minds to work.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Theses Lamentations by Noblepreneur: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
amokeme:

Lol,CU graduate(Eagle)spotted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Entry Jobs At A Foreign Airline Company / Urgent Recruitment / Urgent Vacancies For Front Desk Officer - Agbado, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.