Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? (4690 Views)

Flimsy Excuse Muslims Give For Not Criticizing Islamic Terrorism / See How Islamic Terrorism Now Makes People Fear Muslims VIDEO / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by ilynem(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Angel196:

Oh really? That's why? Because the rest are hypocrites? Do you even know those the word was applied in the Quran? Hahaha, very funny. Do you know there is an entire chapter based on hypocrites?

So according to you, those terrorist who are Islamic, kill and bomb Muslims in the mosques be cause the Quran referred to them as hypocrites? Let me clear your misconceptions then.

This chapter is called THE HYPOCRITES.

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 1:
إِذَا جَاءَكَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ قَالُوا نَشْهَدُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُهُ وَاللَّهُ يَشْهَدُ إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ لَكَاذِبُونَ

WHEN THE HYPOCRITES come unto thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed God's Apostle!" But God knows that thou art truly His Apostle; and He bears witness that the hypocrites are indeed false [in their declaration of faith].

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 2:
اتَّخَذُوا أَيْمَانَهُمْ جُنَّةً فَصَدُّوا عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ إِنَّهُمْ سَاءَ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

They have made their oaths a cover [for their falseness], and thus they turn others away from the Path of God. Evil indeed is all that they are wont to do:

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 3:
ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا فَطُبِعَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ فَهُمْ لَا يَفْقَهُونَ

this, because [they profess that] they have attained to faith, whereas [inwardly] they deny the truth - and so, a seal has been set on their hearts so that they can no longer understand [what is true and what false].

Contrary to who or what you think hypocrites referred to in the Quran, the above chapter has clearified it. Hypocrites are those who claim to believe yet don't really believe but pretend in order to spy and turn people away from the religion.

So does that fit into the idea you have of those being boomed in the mosques as hypocrites?
Err...Yes! Because the terrorists believe that if you were a true Muslim, you will take up arms and fight the non Muslims till they pay the Jizya with willing submission or turn into Muslims. If you were not a hypocrite, you will fight!
The message is clear. A hypocrite is one who claims to believe in Allah and his messages but doesn't act accordingly. Do not be friends with non Muslims. You have Muslim friends. Fight the unbelievers wherever you find them. You don't fight. Muhammad had the plan to chase all non Muslims out of the Arabia peninsula. You follow him don't you? How many non Muslims have you chased out your land??
If I claim to be a Christian and I don't follow the teachings and life of Christ, what does that make me? A hypocrite.
Surah 9:73: Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell.
Notice the use of the word "and"?? It means the disbelievers are not the hypocrites. If you are a Muslim and you don't follow the instructions of the prophet to the latter, am sorry my sister! You are a hypocrite and that's why Boko boys will be after you too.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Angel196(f): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Demmzy15:
As Salam Alaikum sis, I'll advise you to leave this people only. Nothing you'll tell them will be sufficient, believe me, I've done this years ago.

Stop being apologetic and state the facts, their religion is worse 10 times. So let voko'g take care of the issue himself. If a real discussion were to start, you'll see all of them fleeing because they're all cowards!

Wa alaika salaam. You are right. Thanks for the advise.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by aminusanti(m): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
ilynem:

Err...Yes! Because the terrorists believe that if you were a true Muslim, you will take up arms and fight the non Muslims till they pay the Jizya with willing submission or turn into Muslims. If you were not a hypocrite, you will fight!
The message is clear. A hypocrite is one who claims to believe in Allah and his messages but doesn't act accordingly. Do not be friends with non Muslims. You have Muslim friends. Fight the unbelievers wherever you find them. You don't fight. Muhammad had the plan to chase all non Muslims out of the Arabia peninsula. You follow him don't you? How many @non Muslims have you chased out your land??
If I claim to be a Christian and I don't follow the teachings and life of Christ, what does that make me? A hypocrite.
Surah 9:73: Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell.
Notice the use of the word "and"?? It means the disbelievers are not the hypocrites. If you are a Muslim and you don't follow the instructions of the prophet to the latter, am sorry my sister! You are a hypocrite and that's why Boko boys will be after you too.
ilynem, I thought we discussed already in large on these verses but you are here deliberately removing those verses out of their historic context..
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Angel196(f): 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
ilynem:

The message is clear. A hypocrite is one who claims to believe in Allah and his messages but doesn't act accordingly. Do not be friends with non Muslims. You have Muslim friends. Fight the unbelievers wherever you find them. You don't fight. Muhammad had the plan to chase all non Muslims out of the Arabia peninsula. You follow him don't you? How many non Muslims have you chased out your land??

This is going to be my last reply to you cause I'm sure, as that guy said, this is all just a waste of time.

Lol, seriously your comment had me laughing. It didn't say you just chase people out of your land but that you should chase them out from where they have chased you, that was the order and to answe that, I haven't chased anyone out of my land because they haven't chased me.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 191:
وَاقْتُلُوهُمْ حَيْثُ ثَقِفْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَخْرِجُوهُم مِّنْ حَيْثُ أَخْرَجُوكُمْ وَالْفِتْنَةُ أَشَدُّ مِنَ الْقَتْلِ وَلَا تُقَاتِلُوهُمْ عِندَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ حَتَّىٰ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِيهِ فَإِن قَاتَلُوكُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُمْ كَذَٰلِكَ جَزَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ

And slay them wherever you may come upon them, and drive them away from wherever they drove you away - for oppression is even worse than killing. And fight not against them near the Inviolable House of Worship unless they fight against you there first; but if they fight against you, slay them: such shall be the recompense of those who deny the truth.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 192:
فَإِنِ انتَهَوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

But if they desist-behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 193:
وَقَاتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّىٰ لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ وَيَكُونَ الدِّينُ لِلَّهِ فَإِنِ انتَهَوْا فَلَا عُدْوَانَ إِلَّا عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ

Hence, fight against them until there is no more oppression and all worship is devoted to God alone; but if they desist, then all hostility shall cease, save against those who [wilfully] oppress.

Please go over the verses slowly and again, correct your misconceptions.

And in the below surah, the reason they were commanded to fight in the first place is because the disbelievers broke their treaties and attacked them. Go over the surah from the beginning so you can stop jumping into conclusions.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 12:
وَإِن نَّكَثُوا أَيْمَانَهُم مِّن بَعْدِ عَهْدِهِمْ وَطَعَنُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ فَقَاتِلُوا أَئِمَّةَ الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَا أَيْمَانَ لَهُمْ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَنتَهُونَ

But if they break their solemn pledges after having concluded a covenant, and revile your religion, then fight against these archetypes of faithlessness who, behold, have no [regard for their own] pledges, so that they might desist [from aggression].

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 13:
أَلَا تُقَاتِلُونَ قَوْمًا نَّكَثُوا أَيْمَانَهُمْ وَهَمُّوا بِإِخْرَاجِ الرَّسُولِ وَهُم بَدَءُوكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ أَتَخْشَوْنَهُمْ فَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَن تَخْشَوْهُ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

Would you, perchance, fail to fight against people who have broken their solemn pledges, and have done all that they could to drive the Apostle away, and have been first to attack you? Do you hold them in awe? Nay, it is God alone of whom you ought to stand in awe, if you are [truly] believers!

Yes, there is difference between disbelievers and hypocrites. Hypocrites are those who claim to be believers but are really disbelievers in disguise, they plot against the prophet and drive people away from the religion, pay attention and please go over those verses I posted again and you will note the differences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by plainbibletruth: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Angel196:

Yes, there is difference between disbelievers and hypocrites. Hypocrites are those who claim to be believers but are really disbelievers in disguise, they plot against the prophet and drive people away from the religion, pay attention and please go over those verses I posted again and you will note the differences.

You agree there is difference between disbelievers and hypocrites.

You understand that hypocrites are those who claim to be believers but are in disguise I.e. they pretend and therefore behave and DO THINGS as if they are true believers but perhaps not wholeheartedly.

Why then is it difficult for you to see that a Moslem who believes he is following Islam correctly can see another Moslem who does not agree with his beliefs about Islam as a hypocrite?

Can a Sunni Moslem view the Shia Moslem as a hypocrite?

Can he then behave toward him with what he considers appropriate quranic injunctions?
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by ilynem(m): 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
aminusanti:
ilynem, I thought we discussed already in large on these verses but you are here deliberately removing those verses out of their historic context..
Sorry, but you really haven't replied the last post I sent you. I am not convinced about the "historical context". Check the last post I sent you on the other thread.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by ilynem(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Angel196:

This is going to be my last reply to you cause I'm sure, as that guy said, this is all just a waste of time.

Lol, seriously your comment had me laughing. It didn't say you just chase people out of your land but that you should chase them out from where they have chased you, that was the order and to answe that, I haven't chased anyone out of my land because they haven't chased me.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 191:
وَاقْتُلُوهُمْ حَيْثُ ثَقِفْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَخْرِجُوهُم مِّنْ حَيْثُ أَخْرَجُوكُمْ وَالْفِتْنَةُ أَشَدُّ مِنَ الْقَتْلِ وَلَا تُقَاتِلُوهُمْ عِندَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ حَتَّىٰ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِيهِ فَإِن قَاتَلُوكُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُمْ كَذَٰلِكَ جَزَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ

And slay them wherever you may come upon them, and drive them away from wherever they drove you away - for oppression is even worse than killing. And fight not against them near the Inviolable House of Worship unless they fight against you there first; but if they fight against you, slay them: such shall be the recompense of those who deny the truth.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 192:
فَإِنِ انتَهَوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

But if they desist-behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 193:
وَقَاتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّىٰ لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ وَيَكُونَ الدِّينُ لِلَّهِ فَإِنِ انتَهَوْا فَلَا عُدْوَانَ إِلَّا عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ

Hence, fight against them until there is no more oppression and all worship is devoted to God alone; but if they desist, then all hostility shall cease, save against those who [wilfully] oppress.

Please go over the verses slowly and again, correct your misconceptions.

And in the below surah, the reason they were commanded to fight in the first place is because the disbelievers broke their treaties and attacked them. Go over the surah from the beginning so you can stop jumping into conclusions.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 12:
وَإِن نَّكَثُوا أَيْمَانَهُم مِّن بَعْدِ عَهْدِهِمْ وَطَعَنُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ فَقَاتِلُوا أَئِمَّةَ الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَا أَيْمَانَ لَهُمْ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَنتَهُونَ

But if they break their solemn pledges after having concluded a covenant, and revile your religion, then fight against these archetypes of faithlessness who, behold, have no [regard for their own] pledges, so that they might desist [from aggression].

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 13:
أَلَا تُقَاتِلُونَ قَوْمًا نَّكَثُوا أَيْمَانَهُمْ وَهَمُّوا بِإِخْرَاجِ الرَّسُولِ وَهُم بَدَءُوكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ أَتَخْشَوْنَهُمْ فَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَن تَخْشَوْهُ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

Would you, perchance, fail to fight against people who have broken their solemn pledges, and have done all that they could to drive the Apostle away, and have been first to attack you? Do you hold them in awe? Nay, it is God alone of whom you ought to stand in awe, if you are [truly] believers!

Sorry, but please can you send this post again, but with the Surah chapters in numbers I understand (I love to crosscheck) and without the Arabic thingy. I can't read it, so there is not point. Thank you. But if you say this is the last time you will reply me (thought we were having a discussion. Meant no offense), then there is no point because even my reply will be ignored. Thank you.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Angel196(f): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
plainbibletruth:

You agree there is difference between disbelievers and hypocrites.

You understand that hypocrites are those who claim to be believers but are in disguise I.e. they pretend and therefore behave and DO THINGS as if they are true believers but perhaps not wholeheartedly.

Why then is it difficult for you to see that a Moslem who believes he is following Islam correctly can see another Moslem who does not agree with his beliefs about Islam as a hypocrite?

Can a Sunni Moslem view the Shia Moslem as a hypocrite?

Can he then behave toward him with what he considers appropriate quranic injunctions?

This is my last reply to you.

Seriously, haven't you been reading the Quranic verses I sent to you about who hypocrites are?

First of all let me help you with the meaning of hypocrite.

Hypocrite is a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Hope you got the above meaning. Then please read the following to know more about those the Quran view as hypocrites.

This chapter is called THE HYPOCRITES.

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 1:
إِذَا جَاءَكَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ قَالُوا نَشْهَدُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُهُ وَاللَّهُ يَشْهَدُ إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ لَكَاذِبُونَ

WHEN THE HYPOCRITES come unto thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed God's Apostle!" But God knows that thou art truly His Apostle; and He bears witness that the hypocrites are indeed false [in their declaration of faith].

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 2:
اتَّخَذُوا أَيْمَانَهُمْ جُنَّةً فَصَدُّوا عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ إِنَّهُمْ سَاءَ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

They have made their oaths a cover [for their falseness], and thus they turn others away from the Path of God. Evil indeed is all that they are wont to do:

Surah Al-Munafiqoon, Verse 3:
ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ آمَنُوا ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا فَطُبِعَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ فَهُمْ لَا يَفْقَهُونَ

this, because [they profess that] they have attained to faith, whereas [inwardly] they deny the truth - and so, a seal has been set on their hearts so that they can no longer understand [what is true and what false].

Contrary to who or what you think hypocrites referred to in the Quran, the above chapter has clearified it. Hypocrites are those who claim to believe yet don't really believe but pretend in order to spy and turn people away from the religion. They don't pray nor do they really love the religion, they made false declaration of faith just to spread lies and cause discord. Read the below verses too.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 47:
لَوْ خَرَجُوا فِيكُم مَّا زَادُوكُمْ إِلَّا خَبَالًا وَلَأَوْضَعُوا خِلَالَكُمْ يَبْغُونَكُمُ الْفِتْنَةَ وَفِيكُمْ سَمَّاعُونَ لَهُمْ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِالظَّالِمِينَ

Had these [hypocrites] set out with_ you, [O believers,] they would have added nothing to you save the evil of corruption, and would surely have scurried to and fro in your midst, seeking to stir up discord among you, seeing that there are in your midst such as would have lent them ear: but God has full knowledge of the evildoers.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 48:
لَقَدِ ابْتَغَوُا الْفِتْنَةَ مِن قَبْلُ وَقَلَّبُوا لَكَ الْأُمُورَ حَتَّىٰ جَاءَ الْحَقُّ وَظَهَرَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ وَهُمْ كَارِهُونَ

Indeed, even before this time have they tried to stir up discord and devised all manner of plots against thee, [O Prophet,] until the truth was revealed and God's will became manifest, however hateful this may have been to them.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 49:
وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَقُولُ ائْذَن لِّي وَلَا تَفْتِنِّي أَلَا فِي الْفِتْنَةِ سَقَطُوا وَإِنَّ جَهَنَّمَ لَمُحِيطَةٌ بِالْكَافِرِينَ

And among them there was [many a one] who said," Grant me permission [to remain at home], and do not put me to too hard a test!" Oh, verily, [by making such a request] they had [already failed in their test and] succumbed to a temptation to evil: and, behold, hell will indeed encompass all who refuse to acknowledge the truth!

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 50:
إِن تُصِبْكَ حَسَنَةٌ تَسُؤْهُمْ وَإِن تُصِبْكَ مُصِيبَةٌ يَقُولُوا قَدْ أَخَذْنَا أَمْرَنَا مِن قَبْلُ وَيَتَوَلَّوا وَّهُمْ فَرِحُونَ

Should good fortune alight on thee, [O Prophet,] it will grieve them; and should misfortune befall thee, they will say [to themselves], "We have already taken our precautions beforehand!" - and will turn away, and will rejoice. see this verse.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 51:
قُل لَّن يُصِيبَنَا إِلَّا مَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَنَا هُوَ مَوْلَانَا وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ

Say: "Never can anything befall us save what God has decreed! He is our Lord Supreme; and in God let the believers place their trust!"

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 52:
قُلْ هَلْ تَرَبَّصُونَ بِنَا إِلَّا إِحْدَى الْحُسْنَيَيْنِ وَنَحْنُ نَتَرَبَّصُ بِكُمْ أَن يُصِيبَكُمُ اللَّهُ بِعَذَابٍ مِّنْ عِندِهِ أَوْ بِأَيْدِينَا فَتَرَبَّصُوا إِنَّا مَعَكُم مُّتَرَبِّصُونَ

Say: "Are you, perchance, hopefully waiting for something [bad] to happen to us-[the while nothing can happen to us] save one of the two best things? But as far as you are concerned, we are hopefully waiting for God to inflict chastisement upon you, [either] from Himself or by our hands! Wait, then, hopefully; behold, we shall hopefully wait with you!"

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 53:
قُلْ أَنفِقُوا طَوْعًا أَوْ كَرْهًا لَّن يُتَقَبَّلَ مِنكُمْ إِنَّكُمْ كُنتُمْ قَوْمًا فَاسِقِينَ

Say: "You may spend [anything], willingly-or unwillingly, [pretending that you do it for the sake of God:] it shall never be accepted from you -for, verily, you are people bent on iniquity!"

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 54:
وَمَا مَنَعَهُمْ أَن تُقْبَلَ مِنْهُمْ نَفَقَاتُهُمْ إِلَّا أَنَّهُمْ كَفَرُوا بِاللَّهِ وَبِرَسُولِهِ وَلَا يَأْتُونَ الصَّلَاةَ إِلَّا وَهُمْ كُسَالَىٰ وَلَا يُنفِقُونَ إِلَّا وَهُمْ كَارِهُونَ

For, only this prevents their spending from being accepted from them: they are bent on refusing to acknowledge God and His Apostle, and never pray without reluctance, and never spend [on righteous causes] without resentment.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 55:
فَلَا تُعْجِبْكَ أَمْوَالُهُمْ وَلَا أَوْلَادُهُمْ إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُعَذِّبَهُم بِهَا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَتَزْهَقَ أَنفُسُهُمْ وَهُمْ كَافِرُونَ

Let not, then, their worldly goods or [the happiness which they may derive from] their children excite thy admiration: God but wants to chastise them by these means in this worldly life, and [to cause] their souls to depart while they are [still] denying the truth.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 56:
وَيَحْلِفُونَ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّهُمْ لَمِنكُمْ وَمَا هُم مِّنكُمْ وَلَٰكِنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ يَفْرَقُونَ

And they swear by God that they do indeed belong to you -the while they do not belong to you , but are [only] people ridden by fear:

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 57:
لَوْ يَجِدُونَ مَلْجَأً أَوْ مَغَارَاتٍ أَوْ مُدَّخَلًا لَّوَلَّوْا إِلَيْهِ وَهُمْ يَجْمَحُونَ

if they could but find a place of refuge, or any cavern, or a crevice [in the earth], they would turn towards it in headlong haste.

So to answer your question if Sunnis can't see shias as hypocrites. Not they can't, neither are any of them hypocrites because of the following
1. They all Muslims
2. They all use the same Quran.
3. They all accept and follow the five pillars of Islam and believe in the articles of faith.
4. They are not from different religion but from different secs.
5. .It is only when a sunni claims to change to shia just to spy on them and deceive people and turn them away from the sec, does not really love or believe in the shia sec, tries to turn the shias against each other. That's what can be viewed as hypocrisy. Again go back to the meaning. Beware, this is just an instance.

So tell me, how does people praying in the mosques during prayer times or jummuat period take the label of the above? Do you even know that people from different secs pray in the same mosques?

1 Like

Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Angel196(f): 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
ilynem:

Sorry, but please can you send this post again, but with the Surah chapters in numbers I understand (I love to crosscheck) and without the Arabic thingy. I can't read it, so there is not point. Thank you. But if you say this is the last time you will reply me (thought we were having a discussion. Meant no offense), then there is no point because even my reply will be ignored. Thank you.

I am not stopping you from posting but as I said I won't reply again, this is just an exception thought, I'll give you the chapter so you can crosscheck them.

Al-Monafiqoon is chapter 63

Al-Baqara is chapter 2

At-Taubah is chapter 9

All the surahs I posted are on top of the verses, check them for confirmation.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by NigerianScholar: 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Vokog:
I would like to preface the body of my post with this caveat: I am not a Muslim. In fact, I am an atheist, and I was formally christian and I have no affiliation with Islam whatsoever. The only affiliation I have with Islam, is that the people who subscribe to it are humans like myself, and as such, they don't deserve to be smeared, stereotyped, and painted in a negative light, to further an agenda. That's essentially why I decided to create this thread - To disillusion people from the lies that they have been made to believe about Islam and about terrorism.

I am not going to bore anyone with a long op. What I'd do however, is that I will allow anyone who wants contribute to air their own arguments about why they think the premise of my post is wrong, or why they think Islamic terrorism is an inherently Islamic phenomenon and I'll refute EVERY argument.

Mods, please don't move this to the Muslim section. It would defeat its purpose.

As long as boko haram and al quaeda is concerned
"All" Terrorists are muslims, but not all muslims are terrorists

I am not saying islam= terrorists. Islam doesnt support terrorism, but most of the terrorists happen to be muslims and they shouldnt be blamed for it blame the terrorists not their religion. you cant blame all nigerians for grand theft because of dammy crane and people like him

If you dont agree with me, i am sorry. You are decieving yourself

The first all i used was exaggerated. I meant most i just wanted to copy someones phrase.

And btw. May we discuss your atheism? i am not trying to criticise you or anything. I like interacting with people with different orientations about God
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by analice107: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
ilynem:

But you lot don't believe in prayers so it shouldn't matter to any of you, right? And obviously, she didn't mean that. Analice107 is a good Lady. She doesn't wish death on anyone.
Okay, why are they so afraid of death? There's nothing beyond death, so they have no nothing to be afraid of.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by jonbellion(m): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
How can any rational person say Islamic terrorism does not exist undecided
In a country with sharia the penalty for stealing is amputation
Women are treated like second class citizens and objects (same with Christianity tho) and basically every offence is the death penalty
Please let one muslim come and say we are taking it out of context
Religion of pisspeace
cheesy
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Op, what exactly is your point?
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
NigerianScholar:

As long as boko haram and al quaeda is concerned
"All" Terrorists are muslims, but not all muslims are terrorists

I am not saying islam= terrorists. Islam doesnt support terrorism, but most of the terrorists happen to be muslims and they shouldnt be blamed for it blame the terrorists not their religion. you cant blame all nigerians for grand theft because of dammy crane and people like him

If you dont agree with me, i am sorry. You are decieving yourself

The first all i used was exaggerated. I meant most i just wanted to copy someones phrase.

And btw. May we discuss your atheism? i am not trying to criticise you or anything. I like interacting with people with different orientations about God

What do you want us to discuss about my atheism?
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by NigerianScholar: 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
Vokog:

What do you want us to discuss about my atheism?

Your whole philosphy on it. Some people are actually agnostic but call themselves atheists. I just want to know what you believe in

How you became one
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by vodkat: 1:24am On Jun 09, 2017
Vokog:

You are the one who is being delusional and lacking not even a modicum of nuance on the subject.

How does bombing an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester or attacking innocent people at a London bridge help in establishing a global caliphate?

I have addressed your argument about quoting verses from the Quran many times on this thread and I am not going to do it again. Just read through my comments.

There are various ideologies within Islam and there are various sects within Islam that hold extremist views. I am not disputing this fact. But believing they are representative of Islam or the views of most Muslims or most Sunni is counterfactual. That being said, you need to understand how ISIS began in order to get the full picture.

Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, the founder of ISIS was originally a member of the Mujahideen, the CIA trained rebel fighters during the Soviet-Afghan war, who still remain today in Afghanistan as the Taliban. Al-Zarqawi "fled" to Iraq from Afghanistan when the US invaded it in 2001. There he began propagating "his extremist ideology" and gaining followers.

When Saddam hussiem was still president of Iraq, Al-Zarqawi's extremist sect was present, and Saddam was doing a good job at keeping them at bay, but when the US invaded Iraq, they ousted Saddam and created a power vacuum of which this extremist sect filled. Then the US purposefully left them weapons and armoured tanks when they left Iraq. After this, ISIS began expanding.
Now since then, the US has been supplying these guys weapons and providing cover and medical attention for them through Saudi Arabia and Israel. This is a fact.

From all I have said, if you are smart enough, you should be able to see through the bullshit the corporate media is feeding everyone.

There aim is to use violence to cause the population to submit to their religion.

In Arabic the word Islam means submission

How do you think Hausa became Muslims. It was through jihad of us man dan fodio.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by vodkat: 1:27am On Jun 09, 2017
Vokog:

If we establish the fact that ISIS is funded, aided and supported by foreign elements, are we supposed to take anything they say as the reason for committing their actions?

That number 6 is just plain ridiculous. It even makes it more obvious that it's all propaganda trying to deflect popular belief towards Islam as the prime motivation for the actions of ISIS. It's all propaganda against Islam and a pretext to continue their foreign intervention, which further destabilizes these countries and immeserates more lives, all in their imperialist and Zionist interests.

The US and their allies aren't fooling me or anyone who is smart enough to see through their bullshit. I know how intelligent psychopaths think. And those in covert control of the US government are the worst kind of intelligent psychopaths you can ever imagine.

The only reason George bush jr invaded Iraq was because saddam plotted to assaniate his father and that was the pay back.

Also saddam was forming like Kim Jong un but all was shakara.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by RosaConsidine: 3:12am On Jun 09, 2017
I've not read all the pages on the thread but I'm quite disappointed already. Not in the OP or the OP's assertion but in most people's responses. I understand that there are certain emotions we feel when certain topics are raised but it is important to know when to set emotion aside and have a reasonable, rational discussion instead of casting aspersions, throwing insults or dismissing the OP's points of view as valid or invalid without first considering the merits or lack of thereof especially considering the OP was not even confrontational in the first place.

If some of you don't know how to have civilized discussions, here are a few tips
1) Listen to the opposing party's point of view. This is important not just because the person might just convince you but if you want to stand any chance of convincing the person that he/she is wrong, you would first need to understand what their argument is.

2) Set aside sentiment and emotion and discuss the topic at hand without resorting to insults and outright dismissals of opinion.

3) Offer a reasonable and reasoned rebuttal in a format that is not confrontational

These three are basically how mature minds discuss or argue. It's children that dismiss opinions without listening or offering well thought out responses.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by hakimi1974(m): 4:47am On Jun 09, 2017
Vokog:

I am an atheist, okay. I am not defending Islam. I am defending the truth.

The same way Islam enjoins Muslims to kill disbelievers is also the same way the bible enjoins it's adherents to kill unbelievers as well, that is if you take the verses in the old testament out of context like you are doing the Quran.
wait ooo. majority of the violent terrorist sects are mostly sunni's. what is going on self?
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Your whole philosphy on it. Some people are actually agnostic but call themselves atheists. I just want to know what you believe in

How you became one

I am an atheist in respect to the existence of an anthropomorphic God who intervenes in the life of his creatures and demands a relationship with them. Eg. The kind of God all monotheistic and polytheistic religions espouse. Clearly such kind of God is a fabrication of the human mind.

I am a bit agnostic about the existence of a creator being and the nature of such being. Maybe the big bang that led to the creation of our universe, and eventually us, was orchestrated by a being or a force or maybe it just happened without any thing controlling it. This I don't know. But if it was set into motion by some kind of being, that being is obviously sadistic or at best apathetic, and doesn't care about humans or animals or any creature on our planet.

To bring it home, I am sure, with a strong degree of certainty that most of the popular religions today, that is Christianity, Islam and Judaism, are fundamentally flawed. Their God doesn't exist and their belief system is riddled with lots of loopholes that illegitimates it. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure this out.

I was born and raised a Christian. Then I began to think. And then I began to question. Then I began to inform myself about my world, about it's history and about the history of most religions, and then I re-read the bible, and as I did, all the contradictions, inaccuracies and plain nonsense became even more obvious, and then I began to appraise my belief system and appended my growing understanding of science to the tools of historical analysis, critical thinking and objective evaluation of the doctrines of Christianity, which I used in conducting this appraisal, and I came to the conclusion that it was all bullshit. And then I renounced by faith.

1 Like

Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2017
vodkat:

The only reason George bush jr invaded Iraq was because saddam plotted to assaniate his father and that was the pay back.

Also saddam was forming like Kim Jong un but all was shakara.

America invaded Iraq because of purely imperialist and neocolonist reasons. America loves puppet presidents, especially in countries with rare resources, who would act in their interests and do their bidding. If the president of a country refuses to act in their interests, they take him out. To do this, they either fabricate an excuse to invade the country and take this president out overtly, or they covertly fund or train people to do it.
This is what they tried to do with Fidel Castro in the infamous Operation Ajax that occasioned the bay of pigs in 1961. They also did the same in Nicaragua in 1954, where they planted weapons in Nicaragua in order to blame it on the Guatamala, they could have an excuse to invade Guatamela and oust its ruler who didn't want to be a puppet. Same thing they did in 1973 when they overthrew the president of Chile and replaced him with a dictator. Same thing they did with Gaddafi in Libya.

Saddam Hussein clearly didn't want to be the United states puppet anymore. Prior to the war of 2003, he had decided to go the way of Iran and nationalize Iraq's oil. America didn't want this and concocted a pretext - The bush administration claimed that they got reliable Intel that Saddam was had weapons of mass destruction. This obviously wasn't true, but it provided the excuse they needed to invade the country and oust Saddam, which they did.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Demmzy15(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
vodkat:

There aim is to use violence to cause the population to submit to their religion.

In Arabic the word Islam means submission

How do you think Hausa became Muslims. It was through jihad of us man dan fodio.

Islam has been in Nigeria way before Usman's great grandfather was born!
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
this thread is pointless to me. terrorism can be in the name of any Idea. there has been various reglious terrorism through out history in Judaism if the bible is to be believed, Christianity and Islam.
Even Hinduism had its own moments with widow burning.

Islamic terrorism seems to be on increase though in this era and there are variety of reasons for that. But for some one to claim Islam has nothing to do with terrorism is not being honest. Islam is a totalitarian ideology like Nazism and communism and when in majority try to stifle the minority. Just like Nazi believe they are superior race, Islam does not welcome criticism,it's adherents believes it is superior and perfect unbelievers are called kafir. this creates an US vs them situations that lead to extremism.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by NigerianScholar: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Vokog:

I am an atheist in respect to the existence of an anthropomorphic God who intervenes in the life of his creatures and demands a relationship with them. Eg. The kind of God all monotheistic and polytheistic religions espouse. Clearly such kind of God is a fabrication of the human mind.
My thought- i think what should be where i put in italics should be. the view such kind of God is a fabrication of the human mind.
I am a bit agnostic about the existence of a creator being and the nature of such being. Maybe the big bang that led to the creation of our universe, and eventually us, was orchestrated by a being or a force or maybe it just happened without any thing controlling it. This I don't know. But if it was set into motion by some kind of being, that being is obviously sadistic or at best apathetic, and doesn't care about humans or animals or any creature on our planet.

I personally dont believe that we were all created by a "random" event. I mean, look at yourself, look at your body,look at your brain.... see what we humans are capable of. See the world. See nature and the way ecosystems work. You cant say that it happened all because of a random event which happened to provide all the things we need to survive

And btw, most atheists say that God cant exist because people are dyung of cancer hiv and other diseases. I believe you used the words 'sadistic' and 'apathethic'
Mind you, i still have mixed feelings about this issue. But i am trying to approach it with an open mind. And when o read the bible. I found out that you have to read it with an open mind. So youll understand the message

The story of adam and eve in the book of genesis provides an explanation for God being "sadistic". If you truly understand the story. Youll know that God never created humans to die and we were once in a perfect state wheere we couldnt die or fall sick until we ate the forbidden fruit. Read that story well and understand

To bring it home, I am sure, with a strong degree of certainty that most of the popular religions today, that is Christianity, Islam and Judaism, are fundamentally flawed. Their God doesn't exist and their belief system is riddled with lots of loopholes that illegitimates it. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure this out.

I believe religion is a man-made interpretation of God and. Since it was made by man. It cannot be perfect. The bible was written by humans btw. You can always notice a little bit of similarity between all religions which cant be a coincidence

I was born and raised a Christian. Then I began to think. And then I began to question. Then I began to inform myself about my world, about it's history and about the history of most religions, and then I re-read the bible, and as I did, all the contradictions, inaccuracies and plain nonsense became even more obvious, and then I began to appraise my belief system and appended my growing understanding of science to the tools of historical analysis, critical thinking and objective evaluation of the doctrines of Christianity, which I used in conducting this appraisal, and I came to the conclusion that it was all bullshit. And then I renounced by faith.
I believe we humans cant understand everything. Even with the help of science. Some questions should be better left unanswered. We dont even know all the animals om earth talkless of knowing how we came about or an higher being

Thank you for being plain with me. I almost became an atheist once though. Purely for these same reasons

I am also on the quest for truth
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by vodkat: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
Islam has been in Nigeria way before Usman's great grandfather was born!
Not true Islam came via the Sahara desert little by little but the jihad massacre is what expanded it. They killed all the men all in accordance to una prophets antecedents
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by vodkat: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Vokog:

America invaded Iraq because of purely imperialist and neocolonist reasons. America loves puppet presidents, especially in countries with rare resources, who would act in their interests and do their bidding. If the president of a country refuses to act in their interests, they take him out. To do this, they either fabricate an excuse to invade the country and take this president out overtly, or they covertly fund or train people to do it.
This is what they tried to do with Fidel Castro in the infamous Operation Ajax that occasioned the bay of pigs in 1961. They also did the same in Nicaragua in 1954, where they planted weapons in Nicaragua in order to blame it on the Guatamala, they could have an excuse to invade Guatamela and oust its ruler who didn't want to be a puppet. Same thing they did in 1973 when they overthrew the president of Chile and replaced him with a dictator. Same thing they did with Gaddafi in Libya.

Saddam Hussein clearly didn't want to be the United states puppet anymore. Prior to the war of 2003, he had decided to go the way of Iran and nationalize Iraq's oil. America didn't want this and concocted a pretext - The bush administration claimed that they got reliable Intel that Saddam was had weapons of mass destruction. This obviously wasn't true, but it provided the excuse they needed to invade the country and oust Saddam, which they did.

America is oil rich don't need Iraq oil and they didn't take any.

The only reason was revenge bush jr wanted to finish off gulf war 1.

Saddam of then is like North Korea of today, invading countries.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by hardeycute(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Kathmandu:
He is just confused. The only atheist i take serious is Seun not all these boys looking for attention
Is any of the them requesting for a financial pledge?

Get the Bleep out
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by hardeycute(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
vodkat:

America is oil rich don't need Iraq oil and they didn't take any.

The only reason was revenge bush jr wanted to finish off gulf war 1.

Saddam of then is like North Korea of today, invading countries.

America loves puppets
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by vodkat: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
hardeycute:
America loves puppets

Arabs love puppets that why u must bow down to their black stone in kabba.

Abi I lie?
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by hardeycute(m): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
vodkat:

Arabs love puppets that why u must bow down to their black stone in kabba.

Abi I lie?
That is a rite.
Re: Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? by crimeboss: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Vokog:

Why are you reaffirming what she said? Again, I never said terrorism doesn't exist, what I said was that Islamic terrorism doesn't exist. Meaning that the predominant perception of terrorism as being orchestrated by people within Islam, who want to make erect a global caliphate, through global Jihad, is demonstrably untrue.
And if that caliphate exist what religion will be representing?, please those who the owners of the know what they are?, u av soldier ants, worker ants and finally the queen ant and they work together for a purpose to protect their ant colony, all together they ants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

why Does Science Cotradict Religion? / Don't Be Scammed By Bahuleya Sampat: He's Scammed Many People On Facebook. / That Is Pastor Dr. Albert Odulele - Who Fondled A Teenage Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.