Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Canada, What's The Story? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada, What's The Story? (1114 Views)

Nigerians In Usa/canada.what Nigerian Items You Want In Stores / The Story Of My Trip To Dubai / When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada, What's The Story? by WAVixen: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hi people, does anyone know the real 'racket' that exsists in Canada? Like Dublin a few years ago where you could have a child and be given residency, does this obtain in Canada? I am aware that of Ireland has been scrapped, but what obtains in Canada, is it the 'aduro' system.
any useful information will be appreciated. if you have nothing constructive to say pls pass by.
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by niceguy10: 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
I am passing by.
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2010
I just waka pass,
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by WAVixen: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2010
thank you guys, goes to show you had nothing constructive to say.
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by symbian03(m): 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
On the go either
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by suxes2005(m): 1:27am On Jan 20, 2010
pls come and drop gud infos here
Some pple are in dere need of d info,

SHALOM
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by Hotstepper(f): 3:57am On Jan 20, 2010
Canada has nothing as such. You should just apply for the PR and wait to hear from them
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by mevisbleek: 4:42am On Jan 20, 2010
@waxien, once u marry withey u go get the stuff under one year. Even if u marry permanent residence u go get the pr. There are lots of naija pple here wey hold pr. Its not that difficult
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by dancewith: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2010
if you have your baby in canada, you wont have any stay. the child would however have canadian citizenship under the principle of 'son of the soil' practiced by almost all south, north, central Americans and the carribeans nations

But you as the parent get nothing

Hope this helps
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by suxes2005(m): 8:00am On Jan 20, 2010
More infos pls
lots of people r gaining somfin here

SHALOM
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by WAVixen: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2010
Thank you all for the info, Is it the 'aduro' system that runs there like the Republic of Ireland? The child will have the citizenship, what of the parent, does it in anyway entitle you to residency? Getting the visa to Cananda is quite difficult, how does one get into Canada? I know these are more questions, but its said that information is power. Pls inform, or if there is any other Country out there that will issue citizenship to child it will be most helpful.
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by suxes2005(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2010
Even if 1 cant get rp thru child birth
then thru which way cud one get rp in canada
pple needs dis info

SHALOM
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by symbian03(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
Babes, Getting Pr in canada isn't pure water or biscuit. But don't be discouraged nothing is impossible and truely information is power. Canada is a beautiful country with a good economy and also a very friendly policies to it's citizens aswell as people on tourist. There are few ways to obtain the pr status the so far easiest ways are either being officially employed or a marriage with a citizen "but must be genuine" the marriage process are being verified to make sure it ain't bogus. At least you must have known the spouse for upto atleast a year. And also you need to substantiate in regards of how you communicates in that medium of 1year. E.g emails and some other verifyable means. Hope it helps
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by igbonla(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2010
WAVixen:

Thank you all for the info, Is it the 'aduro' system that runs there like the Republic of Ireland? The child will have the citizenship, what of the parent, does it in anyway entitle you to residency? Getting the visa to Cananda is quite difficult, how does one get into Canada? I know these are more questions, but its said that information is power. Pls inform, or if there is any other Country out there that will issue citizenship to child it will be most helpful.

Whatever you do, make sure it is legit otherwise you will be running for the rest of your life. Things are tighter these days, every country is closing up more than ever even though it is still a global village. It will be easy if you have something to offer, nobody wants liability.

All the best and hope you make the right decisions in the coming days!
Re: Canada, What's The Story? by suxes2005(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
igbonl,

you are very right about that
i see no reason for one to travel
and start running from pillar
to post,

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Kaduna Flights Ticket For July 21st Trip For Sale @ N6,000 / I Lost My Passport / x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.