Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? (1002 Views)

46-passenger Bus Gutted By Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway. Photos / The Return Of Okadas To Lagos Roads: Progression Or Regression? / Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Where Are The Law Enforcement Agents??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello all,

For sometime now, I have observed that okadas have been plying routes they are not supposed to ply freely.

And as usual, they've been disobeying traffic rules - riding against traffic, disobeying traffic lights and not using helmets. And they are fast becoming a menace to other road users.

E.g. the Ogunnusi road - Agidingbi road - Ikeja route is gradually being taken over by okadas.

Is it that okadas have been silently "unbanned" from erstwhile prohibited routes or the law enforcement agents have been compromised or become lackadaisical in the discharge of their duties?

I hereby urge the relevant authorities to do the needful.

Thank you.

Regards,
Concerned Citizen.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by dkronicle(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
did okada ever stop?
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Perezzi247: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
unless roads leading to interior hard-to-reach areas of lagos state are fixed properly, okada will never stop
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
dkronicle:
did okada ever stop?

Under Fashola, they were completely off the roads! Even up till the election period in 2015; he didnt waver. smiley
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by AngelicDamsel(f): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
As far as common man is concerned...... Okada is still the best option , but not EXPRESS ROAD O!

Tricycles have failed us, traffic still dey delay them
Taxi in Lagos has failed us, their price dis rainy season na die
Even B. R. T has failed us ....... Why? because the purpose of banning molue, okada grin and rumored danfo has been defeated....... Imagine! B. R. T now park us like sardines

Some B. R. T buses have fans or TV., but I never see am work b4......... grin gringrin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
As far as common man is concerned...... Okada is still the best option , but not EXPRESS ROAD O!

Tricycles have failed us, traffic still dey delay them
Taxi in Lagos has failed us, their price dis rainy season na die
Even B. R. T has failed us ....... Why? because the purpose of banning molue, okada grin and rumored danfo has been defeated....... Imagine! B. R. T now park us like sardines

Some B. R. T buses have fans or TV., but I never see am work b4......... grin gringrin grin grin

But riding okada on major roads is very dangerous.

You need to compare the okada fatalities statistics at Igbobi,Yaba when they were not restricted and when they were restricted and you'll appreciate my point.

okadas are only good for inner areas where the roads are mostly rough and/or less busy.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wat do u expect wen d rate of unemployment is high n d people can not afford a cup of common gari,bros dey have to survive rather Dan stealing
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:
Wat do u expect wen d rate of unemployment is high n d people can not afford a cup of common gari,bros dey have to survive rather Dan stealing

Is risking your life and that of others(passengers) worth it just because you want to survive?

Why can't they stay in restricted areas that are much safer for them
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by AngelicDamsel(f): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

But riding okada on major roads is very dangerous.

You need to compare the okada fatalities statistics at Igbobi,Yaba when they were not restricted and when they were restricted and you'll appreciate my point.

okadas are only good for inner areas where the roads are mostly rough and/or less busy.

True

1 Like

Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=Firgemachar post=57248731]

Is risking your life and that of others(passengers) worth it just because you want to survive?
[/quote

Life is all about risk, which risk can b mor Dan stealing again or do u refer stealing to okada at high way
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Some risks are not worth it. Come on, alternatives abound!
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Some risks are not worth it. Come on, alternatives abound!

Do u no d risk people take to make moni
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Do u no d risk people take to make moni

Does it involve risking other people's lives Constituting a nuisance to other road users
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Does it involve risking other people's lives Constituting a nuisance to other road users

U will Neva understand if I keep xplainin,is like u still have someone DAT pay all our bills including feeding.

Imagine an offen who is d head of d house at same time in school thinking of what to eat,how to pay rant n school fees,younger once been chase from school 4 fees.if okada at high way is d only way what wud u do.

Na God get life he decided wen to take it,u can as well die on ur bed
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by dkronicle(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Under Fashola, they were completely off the roads! Even up till the election period in 2015; he didnt waver. smiley
thats what you heard, i stay in lag.. okada never stopped.. if police cease ur bike, u will pay small cash collect am back.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

U will Neva understand if I keep xplainin,is like u still have someone DAT pay all our bills including feeding.

Imagine an offen who is d head of d house at same time in school thinking of what to eat,how to pay rant n school fees,younger once been chase from school 4 fees.if okada at high way is d only way what wud u do.

Na God get life he decided wen to take it,u can as well die on ur bed

I am not saying he should not risk his life to make money. All I am saying is that he should not risk the life of other people and constitute a nuisance to other road users.

It's like you have never seen okada wahala before.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
dkronicle:
thats what you heard, i stay in lag.. okada never stopped.. if police cease ur bike, u will pay small cash collect am back.

Not under Fash!
I disagree!!
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

I am not saying he should not risk his life to make money.

Is left 4 people to enter,solong der's patronage d risk is what taken to earn A leaving
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 3:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

No. It is the responsibility of govt to protect all its citizens. smiley
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

No. It is the responsibility of govt to protect all its citizens. smiley

Spring which government
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Spring which government

I didnt get you.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

It is the responsibility of govt to protect all its citizens. smiley

Which government,
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Which government

Anyone - local, state, federal.
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by dkronicle(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Not under Fash! I disagree!!
okay.. its no good arguing when you didn't see a anything
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Anyone - local, state, federal.

Of USA
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Of USA

Are you okay
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by moblix: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
Firgemachar:

Are you okay

Am even wasting my precious time with u,

Solong u don't earn moni urslf u will never understand how hard it is as a graduate no job trying to earn a leaving. Am out
Re: Okadas Are Back On Lagos Roads! Has The State Traffic Law Been Amended??? by Firgemachar: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
moblix:

Am even wasting my precious time with u,

Solong u don't earn moni urslf u will never understand how hard it is as a graduate no job trying to earn a leaving. Am out

What is this one saying

Abeg scram!

(1) (Reply)

This Man Is An Evergreen Musician Need To Be Remembered (ariye Sunday) / Finally Buhari Vows To Resign If He Does Not Recover / Events That Led To Nigeria Civil War That's Still Happening In Nigeria-ng Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.