Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. (2737 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by sammyzacks(m): 5:37am On Jan 20, 2010
There were speculations in the Presidential Villa that the meeting might today (Wednesday) herald a major shift in the debates triggered by Yar’Adua’s absence from the country.

There had been intense pressure on the leadership of the National Assembly, and the Federal Executive Council, to put in place constitutional procedures that would ensure that the vice-president became acting President in the absence of a formal letter to that effect from the President.

However, the ruling had failed to stop the ongoing debate over the President’s health and calls on him to write the National Assembly to enable Jonathan become Acting-President.

Meanwhile, today’s (Wednesday’s) FEC meeting is slated to commence 30 minutes earlier than usual, as it was disclosed on Tuesday that the meeting, which normally starts by 10am, will begin at 9.30am today.

Unconfirmed reports suggested that Yar’Adua may address the meeting through a video conference.

It was gathered that issues surrounding the President’s health would feature prominently at the meeting.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001200431217
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by tokunbobo(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2010
RUBBISH! angry angry angry
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by tundewoods(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
So let me guess,Instead of using SKYPE or Yahoo video chat .They will probably contract the video conference software / equipments to some pdp caucus contractor ! grin grin
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by naijaswag1: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
When AGF told Nigerians that Yar'adua can stay away for up till six months,some people called it bluff.This is the genesis.
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by abubaka(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2010
@all,

[i][/i]Indiana Yar'adua and the TEMPLE of DOOMS

Cld the Americans be right,when they stated that Naija wld b a failed state by 2012?
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by Mbeki: 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
In 2011, we'll be voting for a president that we have neva seen, he'll speak to us via bbc, address us through video conference.
WELCOME TO E-NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT!
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by ochukoccna: 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
Does he think Nigerians are still awaiting him to [in his own words on BBC] 'resume his duties'?
That dude is one deluded fellow. cool cool cool
He's been AWOL for nearly 60 days, didn't had over as stated by the constitution, has brought odium, ridicule & left 9ja to drift by his breaking the rule of law and he's still dreaming about duties to resume? undecided  undecided
Isn't that what is called dereliction of duty?
Since the Senate and House of reps keep dithering,
[size=18pt]I hereby raise the motion for his impeachment.[/size]
Anyone to second this and sound it out to all Nigerians.
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by duality(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
waooo! this is e-governance. i really need to be in government. at least, nothing is impossible there.
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by ochukoccna: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
ochukoccna:

This is not about Yaradua nor Jonathan.
Perish the thought if that is what your mind is playing up.
This is about good governance.
It is about upholding the sanctity of the document forced down our throats called the Constitution till we can have a Sovereign national Conference
This is about telling the jackals we have our as leaders that
[size=28pt]ENOUGH IS ENOUGH![/size]
We have prayed for leaders who do not believe in God [by their actions] yet encourage the masses to keep praying
We have fasted for better governance yet they keep afflicting most Nigerians with hunger & poverty.
Now we raise up to take back to take back what is left of our nation from this beasts in power because we have seen the road to Kigali [Rwanda] is littered with blood caused by dithering ethnic politics and we don't want ot go there
We raise to take our pride back as a people from those who have bastardized us
Who have sold our females into prostitution because their bodies is all they have to bargain for food
Our sons into robbery because their brawn is still functional in brain dead bodies
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH to jackals who have decimated our youth and their right to be the best in a land so blessed by God
We do not need America to prophecy doom to us, we see it with our eyes but reject it with our spirits because we have seen the road to Mogadishu [Somalia] is paved with sorrow, tears and blood!
[size=28pt]ENOUGH IS ENOUGH![/size]
[size=38pt]UMARU GO HOME![/size]
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2010
ochukoccna:

Does he think Nigerians are still awaiting him to [in his own words on BBC] 'resume his duties'?
He's been AWOL for nearly 60 days, didn't had over as stated by the constitution, has brought odium, ridicule & left 9ja to drift by his breaking the rule of law and he's still dreaming about duties to resume? undecided  undecided
I second the motion!!!!!!1
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by oge4real(f): 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
Why not address them through CNN?
Bush Mallam!
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by ud4u: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
Absolute rubbish

Mbeki:

In 2011, we'll be voting for a president that we have neva seen, he'll speak to us via bbc, address us through video conference.
WELCOME TO E-NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT!

E-Nigeria indeed, I tire for this country
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by desgiezd(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
naija_swag:

When AGF told Nigerians that Yar'adua can stay away for up till six months,some people called it bluff.This is the genesis.

Reports actually has it that there was a time he was away for six months when he was the governor of Katsina State, I guess this is what has embolden the man to just abandon his job this way.
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by Teminio: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
Act 2, Scene 4! The Shenanigan continues
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by SwtzMinx(f): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
ROTFLMAO. . .e-governance. . .hahahaha
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by koolchicco: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
oge4real:

Why not address them through CNN?
Bush Mallam!

Or even our local NTA & AIT!

Charity begins at home at least.
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by Amjustme: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2010
Yes o! e-governanace can begin.
SERIOUS RUBBISH[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by An0nimus: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
E-governance?. .at least we pioneers at this one.lol
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by abodundef: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
i dont stay here
e-presidency tongue smiley
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by UNLEASHED(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
Black black black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir Yes sir Three bag full, One for the master,
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by bodsibobo(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2010
This guy and his FEC are just a bunch of fools!
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by mrofficial(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
I'm already making for big banners. They will be hanged at the entrance of every street closed to mine.

Saying "Enough is enough! Nigerians wake up!"
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by chelseabmw(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2010
na today, can the dead talk?
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by 1forall: 12:48am On Jan 21, 2010
The new improved Yar'adua is now gonna speak via video conference. . . wetin happen to the video equipment all these days he's been signing budgets and speaking to the BBC?
Abeeeeeeeeg make dem stop to dey try mess with my brain, Yaradull's 6 feet down so now they bring a plastic version to stand in. . .

Enough is enough!! Lets march for a change in the polity tomorrow, 10.00am at Archbishop Vining, Ikeja GRA.
Be there. . .
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by tanimz(f): 12:57am On Jan 21, 2010
ochukoccna:

He's been AWOL for nearly 60 days, didn't had over as stated by the constitution, has brought odium, ridicule & left 9ja to drift by his breaking the rule of law and he's still dreaming about duties to resume? undecided undecided

Seconded!!!!
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by DoubleN(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
Story Story Story!! angry angry
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by jimmysho(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
it was chaired by goodlock. no video chat let alone conferencing
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by Hadone(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
My country people, we should atleast applaud him for going hand in hand with mordern technology. From now on, you can only hear his audio, watch his video clips and view/read his online speeches. He'll be seeing no more even by his family and aides. He is to be listed in the Guiness world book of records for becoming the world's first [size=18pt]e-president[/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by blacksta(m): 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
Has he spoken yet or is later in the evening?
Re: Yar’adua May Address Fec Through A Video Conference. by AYOANU: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
HE WILL ADDRESS THE NATION NEXT YEAR tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This For Real? / Yoruba ,igbo And Nd,we Dey Craze Oh ! / Kalabari Chiefs: ”amaechi Lied, We Don’t Support Him Against Jonathan”!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.