Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

For Years, George Clooney Claimed He Didn't Want Kids - Now He Has Twins - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / For Years, George Clooney Claimed He Didn't Want Kids - Now He Has Twins (526 Views)

Bobrisky Reacts After JP Blush Claimed He Has Body Odour / Davido Body Shames Lady Who Claimed He Sold His Soul To Win Votes / Davido Reacts To New Report That He Didn't Sell Out O2 Arena, Shares Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Years, George Clooney Claimed He Didn't Want Kids - Now He Has Twins by salau01(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2017
Visit www.latestforya..com and follow on twitter and Instagram @salau01

Once the ultimate bachelor - and two-time People's Sexiest Man Alive cover model - George Clooney entered entirely new territory this week.

The Oscar-winning actor and his human-rights lawyer wife of two years, Amal, announced Tuesday that they were the proud new parents of twins, Ella and Alexander.

Clooney has donned many hats in his life, spending time as an actor, director, producer and activist, but fatherhood has always seemed far away. Was it the early onset salt-and-pepper hair? The coterie of models that have found themselves on his arm for fleeting moments over the years? The insistence by tabloids and fellow co-stars that it was time for him to settle down?

Maybe. Or perhaps it was the simple fact that Clooney himself said again and again that he would not reproduce. In several interviews. Many, many times. For many, many years.

A first-time father at 56, Clooney was often asked throughout his career if the single life was his ultimate future. But after proposing marriage to Amal in April 2014, and marrying her that September (as well as sharing wedding photos with People in the U.S. and Hello magazine in the U.K.), it seemed like anything was possible for the man who once said, "I don't see myself ever having kids."

But it was a long road to get there. "I don't have that gene that people have to replicate," he said to People in 2006.

When Esquire asked him why he wasn't married with kids, he replied, "I haven't had aspirations in that way, ever." And as for people who thought it was weird that a man in his 50s was single and childless? "What do you do? Should I go, 'I got to get me some kids right now!' and rush out and impregnate someone?"

(1) (Reply)

Bisola Celebrates Her Beautiful Daughter Leyla, As She Turns 8 Today (photo) / Mother Abandons Her Newborn Hiv Positive Baby By The Roadside In Benin Edo State / See The Refund Of Bride Price Certificate Given To Churchill’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.