Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Flies On My Dog!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Flies On My Dog!! (1843 Views)

How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive? Please Help. / My Dog Lost Her Entire Litter Of 9 Pups / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flies On My Dog!! by PAQ(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2017
I just got an adult Rott after loosing my dogs earlier, but I have a problem controlling flies perching on my dog! I bath him twice a month, clean his surrounding, make sure his plate is cleaned or remnants removed after eating but still battle with flies. He doesnt live in a cage though (although i am seriously considering it, with a mosquito net around it), but until then, does any one have a cost effective way of controlling flies.

will love to hear how you have controlled yours.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by timifizzy(m): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
Check at vet shops for flies repellant spray..... it will reduce them greatly but keep trying to clean up the environment.. it's a situation that can't be totally stopped except you'll cover up your whole house like a screen house for plants... I'm sure you won't do that cheesy

Condolence on the loss of your precious dogs embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
Op you are not serious

Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Spy360(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Greene66:
Op you are not serious
Don't be silly, he should even bath once a month.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 2:44am On Jun 08, 2017
Spy360:

Don't be silly, he should even bath once a month.

Once a month.... outside a cage... don't be foolish!!! It's like you didn't read the outside part. Retard!

Same him, said he lost his dogs before. What happened to the previous dogs? My ass..
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by rumenase(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2017
Greene66:

Once a month.... outside a cage... don't be foolish!!! It's like you didn't read the outside part. Retard!

Same him, said he lost his dogs before. What happened to the previous dogs? My ass..

once a month outside a cage is not bad at all. yu talk as if yu know everything but it seems yu don't.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
rumenase:

once a month outside a cage is not bad at all. yu talk as if yu know everything but it seems yu don't.

And what do you know? It's not bad at all indeed. If it's not bad then why is this thread open? Why is the op complaining of flies on the dog? It's a thing of basic comprehension and reasoning.

Even those who keep their dogs in a cage in a full cement compound still complain of ticks one way or another let alone outside. We don't even know the condition of the Op's compound.

Dogs should be kept inside. Even humans don't live outside let alone dogs. Inside the House or Inside the Cage please. We didn't even talk about the weather condition (Heat or Cold) when the dog lives outside. So many things to consider when weighing the negatives of keeping your dog outside. That your dog is alive doesn't mean he is okay
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Spy360(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Greene66:

My dog wouldn't reason as stupidly as you do.

Once and month... Outside a cage...
So what?
Shut your trap scum!
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Spy360:

My dog wouldn't reason as stupidly as you do.

Once and month... Outside a cage...
So what?
Shut your trap scum!

It is very clear that you are nothing but a cheap low-life. Your dog needs to be adopted. Bastard!
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Spy360(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Greene66:

It is very clear that you are nothing but a cheap low-life. Your dog needs to be adopted. Bastard!
See this swine. You should be put rather inside that cage. With a senseless brain matter that you've got, I should just call you bingo! Foool!

Re: Flies On My Dog!! by rumenase(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Greene66:

And what do you know? It's not bad at all indeed. If it's not bad then why is this thread open? Why is the op complaining of flies on the dog? It's a thing of basic comprehension and reasoning.

Even those who keep their dogs in a cage in a full cement compound still complain of ticks one way or another let alone outside. We don't even know the condition of the Op's compound.

Dogs should be kept inside. Even humans don't live outside let alone dogs. Inside the House or Inside the Cage please. We didn't even talk about the weather condition (Heat or Cold) when the dog lives outside. So many things to consider when weighing the negatives of keeping your dog outside. That your dog is alive doesn't mean he is okay

am done talking to yu. Mr know it all

OP buy fly repellent abeg
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
rumenase:

am done talking to yu. Mr know it all

OP buy fly repellent abeg

You are done because you have no valid point to raise against what I had mentioned. Goodbye
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by rumenase(m): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Greene66:

You are done because you have no valid point to raise against what I had mentioned. Goodbye

SMH. people like yu never learn
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2017
rumenase:

SMH. people like yu never learn

Then teach me. It's that simple. Give me reasons to back your point. That's how an argument works. Not saying someone else doesn't know anything without raising points of your own.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by PAQ(m): 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Greene66:
Op you are not serious

1. Dogs are not to b bathed every week, once a month is very ok, i make it twice just to be safe. then applying spray-ons when necessary. i dont
live in a dirty environment, floors are concrete, no mud or sand to roll on.
2. My dog stays outside, chained in my veranda that is well shaded and tiled. Nights he is set free.
3. Funny u made reference to ur ass, coz dats definitely where your brain is, since u r so quick to derail my thread with insults rather dan being
dumb, and put that ass-brain into good use.
4. I have had dogs probably before you were born, u obviously sound like a child/kid.

TAKE A TISSUE AND WIPE THAT BRAIN OFF UR ASS!
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Greene66: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
PAQ:

1. Dogs are not to b bathed every week, once a month is very ok, i make it twice just to be safe. then applying spray-ons when necessary. i dont
live in a dirty environment, floors are concrete, no mud or sand to roll on.
2. My dog stays outside, chained in my veranda that is well shaded and tiled. Nights he is set free.
3. Funny u made reference to ur ass, coz dats definitely where your brain is, since u r so quick to derail my thread with insults rather dan being
dumb, and put that ass-brain into good use.
4. I have had dogs probably before you were born, u obviously sound like a child/kid.

TAKE A TISSUE AND WIPE THAT BRAIN OFF UR ASS!

Pained! I'm not responsible for your frustration. I'm a child yes but definitely I can father even your father. If you have had dogs before I was born, what are you doing on nairaland and why your thread? You should know what to do! Idiot
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Lavendra(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
hmmm I bath my dogs every Saturday or if I am feeling too lazy, every two Saturdays to prevent ticks and I hate doggy smell... they stay outside.. back to the topic, op does your dog have an injury? that's the only reason why flies would be perching on him.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by ninjasta: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Use red palm oil on him
Massage his body with some oil
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Flies On My Dog!! by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 13, 2017
Op, a Rottweiler is a mastiff dog, being a mastiff dog it excretes more than your average dog, ask yourself what attracts flies, the answer is anything unclean , you don't have a clean dog and flies perch on it in multitudes, they are there because your dog is simply dirty, if they find it comfortable enough then they start breeding on your dog by laying eggs on your dog which will eventually grow to be maggots, besides what do you bath your dog with ? Op, you don't use an average detergent to bath your dog, what you need is a shampoo and an antiseptic , scrub the hair properly , make sure you wash it severely then, bath at least once in a week then a mild shower of water and antiseptic every 3 days won't hurt, come back and tell me if those flies are still swarming on your dog.
Re: Flies On My Dog!! by PAQ(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thank u all for your contributions and opinions. He is not totally fly free but i made some changes and he is now alot better and happier.

(1) (Reply)

What This Animal Can Do Will Seem Impossible / Wow! Can A Nigerian Dog Do This? / What Specie Is This Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.