Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes (36562 Views)

Jessica Cox: Meet The First Armless Pilot That Flies Plane With Her Feet / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by LEOSIRSIR(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
The plane was mostly carrying families of military personnel.

Debris from a missing Myanmar military plane carrying more than 100 people was found in the Andaman Sea late Wednesday, a local official and an air force source told AFP.

"Now they have found pieces of the damaged plane in the sea 136 miles (218 km) away from Dawei city," said Naing Lin Zaw, a tourism official in Myeik city, adding that the navy was still searching the sea.

An air force source requesting anonymity confirmed a navy search and rescue ship had found pieces of the plane.
"Communication was lost suddenly at about 1:35 pm (07:05 GMT) when it reached about 20 miles west of Dawei town," the office of military commander-in-chief Min Aung Hlaing said in a statement.

Four naval ships and two air force planes have been sent to search for the plane, which was flying between the southern city of Myeik and Yangon at more than 18,000 feet when it went missing.

Dawei is a port town an hour's flight south of Yangon, Myanmar's commercial capital.

The office said 90 passengers -- servicemen from Myeik air force command and family members -- were on board as well as 14 crew members.

It said the plane was delivered in March last year and had 809 flying hours.

"We think it was a technical failure. Weather is fine there," an airport source told AFP, asking not to be named, adding there was no news of the plane so far.

Myanmar's military fleet has a chequered recent history of plane crashes.

All five crew died when an air force plane burst into flames soon after taking off from the capital Naypyidaw in February last year.

Three army officers were killed in June when their Mi-2 helicopter crashed into a hillside and burst into flames in south-central Bago.

The missing plane is a Y-8F-200 four-engine turboprop, a Chinese-made model still commonly used by Myanmar's military for transporting cargo.

The former military junta bought many of the aircraft from Myanmar's giant neighbour during their 50 years of isolated rule, when they were squeezed by Western sanctions.

A former executive at Myanmar's aviation ministry said it was one of China's most popular military and civilian transport aircraft.

A surge in demand for air travel as Myanmar opens up has stretched the impoverished country's aviation infrastructure, in particular in remote airports.

Commercial jets have also suffered frequent incidents.

The worst in recent years was in 2012 when an Air Bagan jet crash-landed in thick fog and burst into flames short of the runway at Heho airport, killing one passenger and a motorcyclist on the ground.

http://m.khaleejtimes.com/international/rest-of-asia/plane-with-104-on-board-crashes

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by doctimonyeka(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
Oh dear Lord..... Not again!!!!!!

I jus hope this religious lunatics haven't played their antics..

Rip to the dead... .

5 Likes

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by dennisworld1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
nawa. 111 on board

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by LEOSIRSIR(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
The Plan crashed already so sad
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/rest-of-asia/plane-with-104-on-board-crashes

doctimonyeka:

I hope they are found alive...

I jus hope this religious lunatics haven't played their antics...
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Oladelson(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
ehya
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by miqos02(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
na wa
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
sad sad sad sad
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by africanjink(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
So sad cry
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by lollypeezle(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Another China product.

Since there is no confirmed report that they are dead, i hereby pray for them to be found alive IJN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Triniti(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
what a pity
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by GeneralOjukwu: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
One would wake up in

1. Heaven.... OR 2. Hell ....OR... 3. None of the above.

BUT i can assure you, you would wake up in 4. the belly of maggots undecided undecided undecided

RIP to the deceased...

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by CharlieMaria(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
This serious!!;!!
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
doctimonyeka:

Can you read? Or you just have problem comprehending?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Dandsome: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Not again.
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Adebayo4all: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
E don tai weh plane crash
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Wishaky(f): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
They are all alive
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by free2ryhme: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
shocked
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by lazinny(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
Once I hear a plane is missing, automatically know it'll be bad news ... They can't fly long without ground comm.
RIP to d lost lives
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by fpeter(f): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
Jeez, sad!
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by ZombieTERROR: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
When are they arresting Buhari
This is bad

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by doctimonyeka(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
The Plan crashed already so sad
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/rest-of-asia/plane-with-104-on-board-crashes

Na wa.... Jus like that.... This life is really meaningless...
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Seems like our fanatic, peaceful brothers are at it again.
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by ogagbrigh: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
how tragic... my condolence to those affected

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nicepoker(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
doctimonyeka:

go up and read again. this time slowly in a tranquil environment

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by adezjamz(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
doctimonyeka:

I jus hope this religious lunatics haven't played their antics..

Rip to the dead... .
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by SWORD419(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
embarassed embarassed
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by doctimonyeka(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
NoFavors:

Can you read? Or you just have problem comprehending?
you can't comment without insulting someone? I pity you..
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Dronedude(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
Which prophet caused this thing now.

Every begining of year prophets of doom will be guessing.

Wait soon one will come and claim this accident like isis
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
Again? Osalobua ooooo
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by bigfather(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
doctimonyeka:

I hope ISIS will not come and claim responsibility sha!
Re: Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes by Everest1989(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
doctimonyeka:

this is the reason peeps like you fail in life and keep blaming FG for their failure.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tanker Explodes In Omurelu, Rivers State. Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel / Okada Man Carrying 7 Children (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.