Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander (458 Views)

Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Calls The Presidency / The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by Protagonist(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
OPEN LETTER TO THE ACTING PRESIDENT ON THE COMMEMORATION OF THE ADMINISTRATION’S TWO YEARS IN OFFICE:

My Faith Is Birthed and Solid, But Not Without Concerns.

Good morning to Your Excellency Sir,
I hope this letter met you in sound health and fitness?

First, before I begin baring my mind about your administration’s effectiveness and efficiency within the last two years, it is important that you know that this is my first open letter to the Presidency, but my second to President Buhari. I first wrote to the President a week before he was sworn in as the President. And whether a critical or I-don’t-care view of that letter will show I am not a BUHARIST; yet I hold no personal grief against the president or any other person in the presidency. This letter is written without any ulterior motive to it, but the expressed opinion of one Nigerian.

When the government was sworn in two years ago, I personally prayed the government flourishes, expected the worst, and never hid my pessimism and lack of confidence on the government, from people around me. That is because that was how I felt. And for some time, I was not disappointed. Within the first year, Nigeria had sunk in the melancholy of fast-fading goodness. Ills came, they multiplied before the earlier batch was tackled. I was strengthened to discuss my disgust further.

As a non-partisan political opinionist, you should see me discussing Buhari and his failing government, like other irrational youths are doing today. I had no option; perhaps because I was personally affected and could not see any succor as things were strangely getting ‘too easy’ for people around me, including my Benefactor, thanks to your administration’s policies. I held your administration tightly responsible, until I removed the block from my eyes to take a clearer view of things, especially the government’s efforts to try to lift the plights of all Nigerians, that I had previously denied to acknowledge. And in doing so, I saw through, saw through the smiley faces of government’s officials I see in TV, to the tireless efforts put in to achieve suffering-uplifting successes that have been largely undermined by a few but popular detractors of National progress.

I do not approve of your administration’s approach and tactics in executing some of its laudable policies, like fighting corruption and a few others.
About fighting corruption, I appreciate and commend your administration’s zeal and sustained enthusiasm in the fight, but this is largely undermined by the inability of coordinating agencies to carryout proper investigations before prosecuting, which then derails the administration’s genuine fight against the pest called corruption.

Another concern worthy of note is your administration’s non-adherence to court rulings. I take this time out to protest the continued detention of Col. Sambo Dasuki, Mallam El-zakzaky and others. Like the English proverb goes: ‘two wrongs do not make a right.’ Their continued unlawful detention wins them peoples’ sympathies which is not good for your administration’s genuine efforts to do the right thing. This is an area I advise your office to consider. An example is Mr. Nnamdi Kanu’s case. The government’s delayed compliance to court rulings attracted to him underserved popularity.

Yet, among these lapses and a few others, I have been able to realize that your administration is doing a great deal, putting efforts to actualize its mandate of bettering the lives of all Nigerians. And will achieve this faster with the full supports of the populace. I am not a BUHARIST, a sycophant and/or a blind follower of this administration, but I now believe in the objective and success of your administration.

My faith in this administration has been birthed, and will only grow solid, yet my concerns must be considered; because my faith is in the goodness of your administration while it is right, and will not tolerate mediocrity. It will commend as much as possible and critically, constructively but harshly criticize where it has to. One thing is clear, I have faith in what your administration has begun, can do and pray it rightly go through to achieve them. The mouth and hand that pointed your lapses, is fully in action to commend and point out your strengths. Is it not what makes one a patriot?

Until I write again, please ensure your administration works to justify our confidence. Also, my most sincere ‘Get-Well-Soon’ regards to Mr. President. I appreciate you all and pray you succeed. I will write again, whether to commend or not, till then.

God bless Nigeria.

Ezra Ajiboye
Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
'I AM NOT A BUHARIST'
above statement nullifies all you have to even say

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by sarrki(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Mr Ezra we Don hear you

Next
Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by hucienda: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
Neither here nor there.
Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by Protagonist(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Drabeey:
'I AM NOT A BUHARIST'
above statement nullifies all you have to even say
Please can you explain how?
Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by Protagonist(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
sarrki:
Mr Ezra we Don hear you
Next
Re: Open Letter To The Presidency By A Nairalander by Protagonist(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
hucienda:
Neither here nor there.
Well, actually the previous one got attention

(1) (Reply)

Just In! APC NWC Clears Senator Mudasiru Hussein For Osun West By-election / Happy Birthday To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Of Lagos State / And A Vulture Flew To Arewa House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.