Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? (8693 Views)

Poll: OK or NOTJUSTOK?

OK: 33% (11 votes)
NOTJUSTOK: 36% (12 votes)
BAD: 0% (0 votes)
GARBAGE: 15% (5 votes)
NICE: 15% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

NBC On Lil Kesh's 'shoki': Song Not Banned, Advised Not To Play Vulgar Version / International Premiere: 9ice Drops New Single – Gbamu Gbamu On Notjustok.com / Download Mode9 - 09-09-09 The Mixtape On Notjustok.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by dasa: 7:51am On Mar 09, 2010
From the bottom of my heart i say. bleep NOTJUSTOK.com

Guy promo your tracks on the streets, with dj's and radio. No be internet go make u blow. yeah a few people will hear u, but its not what u shud be worried about.

the notjustok.com team are not in touch with the streets. them dey try, but in the grand scheme of things, notjustok.com has no significant influence.

There are two kinds of musicians in Nigeria; those that are popular and those that get paid. most of these dudes will never see 1m per show. na free show thru out. alot of guys u rate highly, aint making nada. thats cuz they rely solely on ajebota channels of promo like notjustok.com

make good music and push it well on the streets, and watch the money come in. no beef for notjustok, i just hate bullshit.

Best Of Luck.
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by otepuking(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2010
dasa:

From the bottom of my heart i say. bleep NOTJUSTOK.com

Guy promo your tracks on the streets, with dj's and radio. No be internet go make u blow. yeah a few people will hear u, but its not what u shud be worried about.

the notjustok.com team are not in touch with the streets. them dey try, but in the grand scheme of things, notjustok.com has no significant influence.

There are two kinds of musicians in Nigeria; those that are popular and those that get paid. most of these dudes will never see 1m per show. na free show thru out. alot of guys u rate highly, aint making nada. thats cuz they rely solely on ajebota channels of promo like notjustok.com

make good music and push it well on the streets, and watch the money come in. no beef for notjustok, i just hate bullshit.

Best Of Luck.

Real talk. what more can I say?
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
I want to specially thank Otepuking for the great love and support. Faakay, Ofoka, Tosin, Lalaboi, wenge square lol dasa, etc You guys are my inspiration and motivation to move on. Mehn times are hard but i can't give up cos u guys are always there for me. God bless!
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by hevysomtin(m): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
frijos:

I want to specially thank Otepuking for the great love and support. Faakay, Ofoka, Tosin, Lalaboi, wenge square lol dasa, etc You guys are my inspiration and motivation to move on. Mehn times are hard but i can't give up cos u guys are always there for me. God bless!

I don't care about sirius joy's claims but Olusesi just can't be gay and if he is, are these his partners?! i'm just asking o hehe! grin
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by otepuking(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2010
@hevysomtin shawty don't be ridiculous I beg of you.
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by siriusjoy: 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
U can see for yourselves what i'm saying. Olusesi is Gay ain't no rumor. and these other cats too lol. go Bleep urselves
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by ofokaofoki: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2010
maybe sirius joy met olusesi in a gay club he belongs too , thats why he sounds so sure. grin
lmao at olugaysi grin
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by otepuking(m): 7:41am On Mar 11, 2010
ofokaofoki:

maybe sirius joy met olusesi in a gay club he belongs too , thats why he sounds so sure. grin
lmao at olugaysi grin

I don't know who these ppl are (trying to mess Olusesi up) but u won't succeed. Dude has been ordained by the almighty one to blow come what may. and @Ofoka i'm suprise because u have met him and u of all ppl turning your back on him? shame! but anyway Olusesi ain't no gay someone is just trying to mess him up. so witch hunting have also started here in nairaland? Enemies won't succeed!
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by ofokaofoki: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2010
otepuking, i know he is not gay , am just laughing at the joke of the clown called sirius joy . lol. maybe sirius joy's girlfriend is now screaming ''olusesi we love u'', morning day and night .whenever sirius joy and his wife are having fun together. grin grin

frijos:

what about heavysumthin? cheesy
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by otepuking(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2010
@Ofoka Lwkm!
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by siriusjoy: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
see guys i don't have a problem with Olusesi's music. He's good no doubt. But the problem is he is GAY! @ofokaofoki or whatever u call yourslef, you can go Bleep mother for all i care. U guys will soon know the shocking truth about your so-called Olusesi.
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 8:36am On Mar 15, 2010
Sirius hater! LOL

Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2010
@Misstoyo u gotta keep doing what u do so long as u believe in yourself you're gonna make it. Don't allow what people might say to hurt your feelings. I want you to know that if you keep honing your skills, you'll perfect them soon. It takes a lady as courageous as yourself to do what you're doing right now. You're taking necessary actions towards your ultimate dream! that's really good and I implore you to do more. It shows that you're determined and you'll succeed if you never let that fire be put out. Keep your head up!
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by misstoyo(f): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
@frijos, thanx, keep showin tha luv
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
misstoyo:

@frijos, thanx, keep showin tha luv

You're welcome, anytime.
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by tavarez(f): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
i have restrained myself from adding to this thread but the time is now, i reiterate Bleep NOTJUSTOK, they think they can determine whats going on in naija music from some apartment in America, Ovie and Mola are very affiliated to E.M.E (Banky Dub),Chocolate City(MI,Jagz,Ice),Storm records<Sinzu and Naeto c>,Mo-Hit,not to say they aint doing a Good job they are as in publicity wise, but the upcoming artistes deserve a shot too and i dont want to hear anything like the song is wack because some of the wackest Naija songs have heard online are on your site

well i understand they are all about the MONEY and not the Growth of the Art and that really nauseates me, i know Ovie and Mola Monitor this thread,so like i said before Zap notjustok

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Big Faz 80 Bars of Destruction
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
ain't nobody tryna knock mola and ovie's hustle here. I think a good businessman will review what customers are saying about his business and make amends.

Ovie and Mola, this is what the people are complaining about.

We know/overstand you can't please everyone. You might as well stick to your target audience (i.e the Nigerian americanas lol or those who already made it in naija or perhaps those with some change to throw around).

Anybody when dey vex make dem go start dem own site to promote up-coming artistes for naija. You can as well name it www.freshfromnaija.com wink
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by ofokaofoki: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2010
frijos:

Anybody when dey vex make dem go start dem own site to promote up-coming artistes for naija. You can as well name it www.freshfromnaija.com wink [/i]

or notjustalright.com lmao, consider it if someone creates notjustalright , it will make them sit up and stop shitting on nigerian shit. grin grin grin honestly their work for notjustok nor easy, especially ovie , he works harder than mola. grin
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
ofokaofoki:

or notjustalright.com  lmao, consider it if someone creates notjustalright , it will make them sit up and stop shitting on nigerian poo. grin grin grin    honestly their work for notjustok  nor easy, especially ovie , he works harder than mola. grin

we knw they work harder, it's their job!

all d ppl doing good job works harder,  they re not their to play

they shldn't use the means to make ppl beg n beg dem b4 putting it on their webpage,  that gabbarge,  make he pain dem,  shebi dem sabi use mouth bad mouth other artist for their review,

abi no be same mi dey post notjustok for my fb,  for where,  u go see that one again,  never n ever,  still same notjustok i sent mail say i wan buy banky album aw can I get it since no paypal or pay any oda means? instead make him reply say sorry 4 d inconveniences. it wont be possible or any other mail. he no reply,  recently I got banky album on Itune

i sent mail to owner of sturvs once,  he mailed me back,  i was surprise. those re niz ppl,  I don dey knw dem 1 by 1 ,  and na me sef go critize dem,  me wey use my hand promote dem,  aint a fool

and some silly nigerian artists too do so. instead of dem to appreciate their fan n get more traffic,  they willl be doing yanga,  they re doing theirsef,  dey dont knw wat dey call market strategic poo duh!

Youth shld stop buying their album or go to their shows if dey can't show love to d fans,  dey must be insane,  abi no be we dey use our hard earn money buy am to put food on their table n we enjoy entertainment, #

The way dey treat fans is totally unacceptable - we re all human beings

Fans not only girls because that is wat I believe dey love to respond to and ignore d males dat purchase their album

Rubbish!
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by tayoast(m): 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
''Olusesi u dey dsigrace me
oti melo lo mu t'oti n beeeee"??

Ori E Wan Be mehn
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by Riverman2: 12:21am On Mar 23, 2010
am liking this Olusesi's personality sha, too funny and a very interesting character

Comment on the pics - i think it wulda been better if u were climbing up the ladder as opposed to sitting on it, as true hustler like u no ever take no for an answer, show ur fans that u are never satisfied and u are always aiming for the top

Gudluck wit all sha,
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by tavarez(f): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2010
i have mails to prove all this Ofox im too mentally advanced to come and start Lying on a public site especially one that that has a lot of people to attack you like nairaland, i want Mola especially to refute my claims, den well see,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Levelz Feat Moyeen Yellow Fever.
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2010
Dowload "maga need pay" now and enjoy by the way i rap!!!! lol u can call it Olusesi ft. Olusesi lol

http://plunder.com/a3476f1f66

Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2010
tayo_ast:

''Olusesi u dey dsigrace me
oti melo lo mu t'oti n beeeee"??

Ori E Wan Be mehn

lol, so u overstand the proverb? grin
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by hevysomtin(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2010
this shelliroy guy is smart, taking a quick shot @ Olusesi on his own song. I wonder why Olusesi left it that way. Perhaps it's intentional. OLusesi is just so full of crazy stunts, well that's entertainment and we (viewers) are well entertained by these guys.

"Olusesi dey disgrace me/ oti me lo mu to ti bi/

what's up with Olusesi these days self?
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 11:33am On Apr 13, 2010
Honestly speaking I am not a great drinker. The best I can do is two bottles of star. But I never ever vormit cos I no my limit. But say fresh palmwine men i do that! (when i'm chilling in my crib in my villa with the elders) cool
Re: Is This Song Not Good Enough To Be On Notjustok? by frijos(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
@ Elrazur: In a market where it is hard to break out, you need to have your signature. Just like producers like Dre, Timba et al all have individual signature on their beat, as an artist you need to find yours. Michael Jackson had the "Heeeeeeee Heeeeeee", "chaaaamone", James Brown have the crazy shouts etc. You may need to find something similar or what makes you different from another naija artist. To find that, I think in my opinion you need to stay away from the Gimmicks of this cancer called auto-tune.

Try recording your vocals without no backing tracks, add a bit of Reverb on it and see if there is anything you like about it. Go further and do a ballad - i.e sing a nice slow song - without any backing tracks and try to work on where you feel are lacking. Then go ahead and do a short song, give it out and hear what people say. Depending on your voice type, you may ask your sound engineer or producer to enhance is a little bit. Do not add anything dramatic to it . If you do, it will make such song singing it live at a show very difficult.

To do all of the above, you need to be able to sing in the first place. If you can't sing, then I suppose you can hide behind an auto tune.

Also when singing, you may try and improve your range - i.e use different tones and "transpose" or simply put, in different keys. This is very lacking in most naija tracks, perhaps you can pull it off?

I don't know who you sound like when you are singing. It may be advisable to pick up Usher's first album and then compare it to the one he released later. You can learn a thing or two about voice range from that. [His first album did not contain much range, but he experimented with good vocal ranges in the subsequent albums and it worked for him]

Also study the work of MJ. MJ may be a tricky one though as you need to have that natural singing talent and superb vocal range he's got. lol.

PS
I am not an authority in anyway, I am just passionate and enjoy making music as a hobby, been doing so for years now.

Goodluck.

Thanks a bunch dude!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Johnny Drille - Believe Me (Official Music Video) / Burna Boy Ft. D'banj - Won Da Mo / 30 Days In Atlanta: Who Knows One Of The Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.