Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee (20528 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode On Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, Nigerian Ambassador To USA / Ambassador Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor Resumes Duty In US (Photos) / "Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Too Old" U.S Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by dechar(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2017
good decision by the senate,what we youth do on nairaland alone shows we not ready to be leaders of tomorrow. #stoptribalwar

3 Likes

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by anytexy: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Okorocha why?
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Lloydfather(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2017
82yrs for ministerial appointment?
Nigeria youths are doomed.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by mayoor15(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2017
But DSS report was the basis for rejecting magu, who is deceiving who.... Bunch of lawbreakers calling themselves lawmakers.

2 Likes

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by nnowu(f): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2017
Our Government is a huge joke!
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Slai1: 9:38am On Jun 08, 2017
If I catch anyone who voted for buhari complaining again in Nigeria, we will all send such persona non grata to Mozambique.

1 Like

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by DeRay98(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2017
Evablizin:
Ok,all this grandpa's don't want give space for the youth abi

You see why the young ones can't get jobs?
Does this great-grandpa not have educated grand children in their 40s who can do this job? But he accepted rather than pass it to them.
Except of course he wants to take it open doors for his off springs...
Una see the senate? Na Magu body dem get power.

1 Like

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Slai1: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2017
Lloydfather:
82yrs for ministerial appointment?
Nigeria youths are doomed.

I am a Nigerian youth, I am not doomed. God forbid!

Only the Nigerian youths that voted for Buhari are the ones doomed. And even those ones who have even started again to clamour for his second term are more doomed.

If you are in any of this two categories, sorry, your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by ransomed: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2017
The senate used DSS report to disqualify a young EFCC boss but turned a blind eye to confirm an old man despite the same DSS report. Who is afraid of Magu?

1 Like

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by DeRay98(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2017
dechar:
good decision by the senate,what we youth do on nairaland alone shows we not ready to be leaders of tomorrow. #stoptribalwar

You have a point here..
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Kreme(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2017
82 Year old??....Aswear we need a revolution
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by dabiriy(m): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2017
At 82 which kind sense the person wan get gain .
I swear na medical treatment go end it up
AYAM NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUTH AFAF FINISHE IN NIAJA
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by bashdecash(m): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2017
abescom:
The youth are to be blamed for the madness. Most of us are either chasing after women, or doing Yahoo or getting paid by the grandpas to defend their madness on social media.

that's not true my brother. we're simply not given the chance.

we went to school, earn a degree, master's etc. most of us could not even secure a job but would be SAs and PAs to the old grannies who are mostly not even current or with a health problem.

In the 60s, most of them were below 30 when they ruled this country and their educational qualifications were mostly not upto degree level.

1 Like

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Skubidude(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
Evablizin:
Ok,all this grandpa's don't want give space for the youth abi

Naa.. This is strictly govt of the ancestors for the ancestors and by the ancestors. No time for youthful exoburance.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Tecno66: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by goodlifehyd(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2017
BroZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Youths don finish for Nigeria...
most people fail to understand this post, yes the man is old but keep the age aside and you will understand they trying to tell us how corrupt this legislathieves are. This man got DSS reports against him yet they confirmed him cuz they know he can't trouble them and even the first time he was rejected it was based on age shiii and not the DSS matter but they won't confirm MAGU even with all the proofs in the public domain showing this man never committed the crime leveled against him by DSS. They should just burn all those thieves during one of their sittings so we can move forward in this country.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by 1metre: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2017
abescom:
The youth are to be blamed for the madness. Most of us are either chasing after women, or doing Yahoo or getting paid by the grandpas to defend their madness on social media.
which tribe are u coming from,,,
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Skubidude(m): 9:56am On Jun 08, 2017
abescom:

Word!
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2017
goodlifehyd:
most people fail to understand this post, yes the man is old but keep the age aside and you will understand they trying to tell us how corrupt this legislathieves are. This man got DSS reports against him yet they confirmed him cuz they know he can't trouble them and even the first time he was rejected it was based on age shiii and not the DSS matter but they won't confirm MAGU even with all the proofs in the public domain showing this man never committed the crime leveled against him by DSS. They should just burn all those thieves during one of their sittings so we can move forward in this country.

But Oga 82years....that's just being demeaning and insulting to every single Nigerian.

He's past his prime.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by thestevens: 9:58am On Jun 08, 2017
You see why the youth have no say in this country, making an 82 years old man an ambassador, while France is busy making a 39 year old president and one idiot will tell me these politician have our interest at heart.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by goodlifehyd(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2017
BroZuma:

But Oga 82years....that's just being demeaning and insulting to every single Nigerian.

He's past his prime.
Yea for sure that man should be in his bedroom preparing for his grave already but I am just trying to point out the politics in this man's confirmation. Why will they confirm this man with allegations from DSS but deny MAGU cuz of allegations from same DSS that doesn't even hold waters cuz there are a lot of evidence online that he is very innocent of those allegations
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Jaabioro(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
Nairaland had turn to super banning blog where it reigned.. I have not make any inciting or contradictory comments for some days....the mod just delighted in rubbish...
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
goodlifehyd:
Yea for sure that man should be in his bedroom preparing for his grave already but I am just trying to point out the politics in this man's confirmation. Why will they confirm this man with allegations from DSS but deny MAGU cuz of allegations from same DSS that doesn't even hold waters cuz there are a lot of evidence online that he is very innocent of those allegations

I get your point.

It's spelt corruption.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Johnsown1(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2017
Nigeria is a joke, 82 ur still looking for ambassadorial sit while ma age is 3times of ur aage, u know want die, pls when is tomorrow coming

or Age is really a number in this scenario
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by seguno2: 10:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Mcreloaded:
The youths born in the 70s and 80s don't have a chance of ever ruling till they are youths no more

greatdave:
This nation has indeed gone to the dogs! Sometimes I wonder why God put me in this nation as I don't seem to "get" the way things are done. An 82 freaking year old man His grandchild would have been a better option...Like with all due respect, the man is absolutely shameless! Sad stuff!

There are many youths already SERVING the public in various capacities at the local, state and federal administration levels either in the executive or legislative arm.
So what are you talking about sir?
Meanwhile, how much money and time have YOU ever contributed to any politician's campaign or to the political process of any particular party?
If you have not done so personally, how many other youths do you know that have contributed their money, talents and time for any political process?
Can you define stealing except that it is reaping where one has NOT sown?
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by begwong: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2017
THEN NO ONE SHOULD BLAME MUGABE STILL RULING @85YEAR+, AFRICA MY AFRICA. where are the positions of the youth in the future. So all those Igbos making noise in imo are mere freedom fighters abi? Smh!
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by greatdave(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2017
This nation has indeed gone to the dogs! Sometimes I wonder why God put me in this nation as I don't seem to "get" the way things are done. An 82 freaking year old man His grandchild would have been a better option...Like with all due respect, the man is absolutely shameless! Sad stuff!
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2017
Guess the DSS report only applies to the case of Magu
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by seguno2: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2017
Gracealone:
Guess the DSS report only applies to the case of Magu

Did you read?
Can you read?
If you read, did you understand what you read?
Go back and read the OP, slowly and methodically this time.
My people perish for lack of knowledge, indeed.
Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by Bishop7(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2017
I know the man personally. He is from Oguta in Imo state.
Rochas did not nominate him. He was hand picked by PMB.

He was Appeal Court Judge and gave the minority report in favour of PMB when PMB ran against OBJ in 2003.

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor was approached by the then ANPP but he rebuffed all gifts saying he did what he felt was right. From then, PMB was awed by his sincerity and dedication to the truth.

Justice Nsofor is however older than the figure 82 tagged him but he is sound. I know this because he is my late Dad's age mate and were friends. He is as straight as a pole, is not swayed by money or power and values a good name.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee by seguno2: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2017
begwong:
THEN NO ONE SHOULD BLAME MUGABE STILL RULING @85YEAR+, AFRICA MY AFRICA. where are the positions of the youth in the future. So all those Igbos making noise in imo are mere freedom fighters abi? Smh!

You obviously don't understand that the same Mugabe was a "noise making freedom fighter" against British rule and the rule of "independent", racist and white minority government of Ian Smith in Rhodesia before they won true independence in 1980?
Redeem yourself from the sin of perishing for lack of knowledge, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha Visits Femi Adesina (Photos) / Industrialization Grandplan, Akeredolu’s Remarkable Strides In Ondo State / Agboola Ajayi Replicating 1983 Akin Omoboriowo Politics In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.