Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' (1014 Views)

3 Boko Haram Fighters Surrender In Borno, Five Killed / Nigerian Man Kills His Wife In Mozambique ( Graphic Photos) / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Man In Mozambique, Steal His Money, Bury Him In Bush (Graph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Urukpe: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2017
A new superstitious belief has emerged in some areas of Mozambique - that bald men have gold in their head.

However, the head has to be taken to a witchdoctor who will use magical powers to extract the gold - and make them rich.

As a result, police say five bald men have been killed in central Mozambique - two in May in Milange district, close to the border with Malawi, and three this month in Morrumbala district.

Two young people have so far been arrested over the killings.

Mozambique police spokesman Inacio Dina said a team had been sent to the remote region to investigate the murders:

“This is not different from the previous belief that people with albinism had magic powers to enrich other people. Now, criminals here have ceased to target albinos. They are now after people who are bald," Mr Dias said.

The two bald men, one of whom was found with his head cut off and organs removed, were killed in the central Zambezia province, AFp news agency reports.

"Last month, the murders of two bald people led to the arrest of two suspects," national police spokesman Inacio Dina said at a news conference in the capital, Maputo.

"Their motivations come from superstition and culture - the local community thinks bald individuals are rich," he said.

The BBC's Jose Tembe reports from Maputo that some people hold the false belief that bald people have gold in their heads.

The phenomenon of targeting bald people in ritual killings had not been reported before, he adds.

The suspects were two young Mozambicans who told police that the organs were to be used by healers in rituals to promote the fortunes of clients in Tanzania and Malawi, Miguel Caetano, a spokesman for the security forces in Zambezia, was quoted by AFP as saying.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40185359

Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 08, 2017
A new superstitious belief has emerged in some areas of Mozambique - that bald men have gold in their head.

However, the head has to be taken to a witchdoctor who will use magical powers to extract the gold - and make them rich.

As a result, police say five bald men have been killed in central Mozambique - two in May in Milange district, close to the border with Malawi, and three this month in Morrumbala district.

Two young people have so far been arrested over the killings.

Mozambique police spokesman Inacio Dina said a team had been sent to the remote region to investigate the murders:

“This is not different from the previous belief that people with albinism had magic powers to enrich other people. Now, criminals here have ceased to target albinos. They are now after people who are bald," Mr Dias said.

The two bald men, one of whom was found with his head cut off and organs removed, were killed in the central Zambezia province, AFp news agency reports.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by GloriaNinja(f): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2017
undecided THE WAY THEY KILL ALBINOS TOO EH! AFRICA IS STILL BACKWARD. *spits*
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Young03(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2017
hmm
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2017
These people are so primitive and backward.
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Caustics: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Bad news here and there.
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by halfcurrent(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Hmmn ... people like us are in trouble o.... I wont ever travel to Mozambique... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2017
Lmfao. grin

So my pastor cannot visit Mozambique again in peace?

I'll advice him to buy face cap to avoid anyone looking at his head.

But here in Nigeria, Hunchback is the black gold. grin
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by thundafire: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2017
Oooooooo my dear Africa where did some pple pick ur brains 4rm I doubt if God was dy 1 dat allocated dem brainz
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Jabioro: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2017
Toor!!! As we killed/quench one another one sprang up.. where are we going Africa..
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by badbreathcure101: 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
JasonScolari:
Lmfao. grin

So my pastor cannot visit Mozambique again in peace?

I'll advice him to buy face cap to avoid anyone looking at his head.

But here in Nigeria, Hunchback is the black gold. grin
bro I'm suspecting you for that hunch back comment, hmm don't say this offline o
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
BBC working very hard to make you comment like this and therefore trust not another African man. Watch BBC news and see a trend. They are in the South East of Africa today but do trust them to move right up the east before the week goes, with all stories potraying a sort of stereotype behaviour displayed by Africans, all for the sole purpose of making react like this against another.
thundafire:
Oooooooo my dear Africa where did some pple pick ur brains 4rm I doubt if God was dy 1 dat allocated dem brainz

Havent you noticed who publishes the "Human trafficking stories" of the Benue girls? Unicef....after saving them ofcourse.

...... disasters that hit many hours after precisely being predicted and African grounds filled by so called "protection scheme" US army and Doctors without boarders...Red Cross.

You'll go to Mozambique and find one crazy incident...
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
badbreathcure101:
bro I'm suspecting you for that hunch back comment, hmm don't say this offline o
Suspect ke?

Assuming buhari is having a gigantic hunchback, I for don use.

No matter what the cost is. grin
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
jagugu88li:
BBC working very hard to make you comment like this and therefore trust not another African man. Watch BBC news and see a trend. They are in the South East of Africa today but do trust them to move right up the east before the week goes, with all stories potraying a sort of stereotype behaviour displayed by Africans, all for the sole purpose of making react like this against another.
grin Even though I find this allegations funny, but you do have a good point there.
Re: Five Killed In Mozambique 'for Being Bald' by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
JasonScolari:
grin Even though I find this allegations funny, but you do have a good point there.
Yeah hey grin. Just do a research about Operation Mockingbird, Monsanto birth hormone and Bayer's Asprin in relation to HIV.

When you cone back with the results, we'll discuss Ebola and down syndrome

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted To Save Her But There Was Nobody There To Hold My Phones For Me / Photo Of Rev. Father Cyriacus Onunkwo Who Was Murdered And Dumped In A Bush In I / Was Robbed By Someone I Gave A Lift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.