Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Man Loses 22-year-old Wife To Football ‘bet’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Loses 22-year-old Wife To Football ‘bet’ (475 Views)

Fans May Not Be Returning To Football Matches Anytime Soon- FA Chairman / Arsene Wenger Is "Desperate" To Return To Football Management At 70 / Sergio Aguero Takes Sofia Calzetti, His 22-year-Old Girlfriend Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Loses 22-year-old Wife To Football ‘bet’ by nwakibie3(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2017
Zimbabwean man lost his wife after wagering her in a football bet.

Charles Jambaya, 26, had pledged his 22-year-old wife Caroline Shumba to another man over the UEFA Champions League final between Real Madrid and Juventus.

Jambaya made a verbal agreement with 30-year-old Eugene Gumbo that if Juventus lose the encounter he would give him his wife, while Gumbo wagered $500 in favour of a Madrid victory.

Hell broke loose when Real Madrid defeated Juventus 4-1 and Eugene requested for his prize (Jambaya’s wife).

The wife, who had no inkling she had been used as a wager in a bet, was stunned when Eugene told her that she had to go with him because he had won her as a prize in a football bet.

She, however, refused to go with Eugene, seeking refuge with her aunt, who took the case to a traditional court.

Jambaya told Chiefs at the Traditional Court he was not in a right state of mind when he made the pledge and he pleaded for mercy.

Both men were fined an animal each.

http://punchng.com/man-loses-22-year-old-wife-to-football-bet/
Re: Man Loses 22-year-old Wife To Football ‘bet’ by collinsbaba(m): 8:26am On Jun 08, 2017
Funny enough, I can't blame him......I also cannot recollect how much I av lost to Bet9ja, anyway I still dey hope to chop millions.......
Make this forthcoming season favour oh God cool
Re: Man Loses 22-year-old Wife To Football ‘bet’ by Ajewealth123(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2017
If the woman fine well well na my price I go claim o

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Dun Make Mega Move For Neymar / Coach Salusu Yusuf Invites 30 Home Based Players For CHAN / Ibrahimovic Expected To Return To Action In October And Sign A New Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.