Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North (5884 Views)

Akpabio Dissociates Self From Allegation Of Bribing Tribunal / NWC Panel Dissociates Self From Ongoing APC Primary In Lagos / Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by snowwhyte607: 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
*PRESS RELEASE BY THE MIDDLE BELT YOUTH COUNCIL.*

*DATE: 7TH JUNE, 2017*

We wish to express our profound gratitude to God for keeping us alive today. Middle Belt Youth Council is extremely concerned about the ongoing regional tension in Nigeria today and we want to make our position clear to the world. In the light of incessant threats to one Nigeria posed by killer-herdsmen, we want to call on good people of Middle Belt to first of all, *support the Anti-grazing Bill.* Grazing by Fulani herdsmen on our land has become the major cause of conflicts in our region therefore, we're calling for total ban on open grazing so as to save the lives of our people and their farmlands.
Secondly, it's no longer news that our country Nigeria is facing a daunting challenge of peace and unity but we want to assure the good citizens of Nigeria that we have been a peace-loving people and we'll continue to be. But, in an event one part of the country decides to go away as a separate entity, Middle Belt is also ready to make an independent statement. We want to clarify those who think that the Middle Belt is part of the North: God created everywhere and everyone and He gave it to whom He chooses and Middle Belt is a creation of God and not man (Usman bn Fodio). Therefore, we choose what to use our land for, how to run it and where we want to be. Middle Belt has been a home for the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, South-South and the South-West without any form of discrimination against anyone. We've accommodated every Nigerian for centuries now. We deserve respect and commendations. If the Arewa youths are sending away Igbos from their states, we in the Middle Belt are ready to offer them accommodation in our land (which is an inheritance from God and nobody will take it away from us) for them to continue with their life and businesses. Southern Nigeria people should also know that 'Middle Belters' are not northerners and we can never be because we're not affiliated in terms of culture, language, education, economy, and general lifestyle. The Biafran struggle did not come as an accident but as a result of injustice and unfair treatment to regions, people or religion. Over the years, our federalism has been a fat lie that deprives political rights and freedom of some sections of the country while others benefit immensely from it. Middle Belt has been at the receiving end of this inequitable arrangement in which our people in Southern Kaduna, Southern Bauchi, Southern Borno, Southern Kebbi, Adamawa are under constant alienation and annihilation. Therefore, Middle Belt strongly stands for reconstruction of Nigeria not only restructuring. We'll join hands with Southern Nigerian people to actualize it. In view of this press statement, we want to urge Middle Belters to remain resolute in making sure we protect our future against the claims by the Hausa/Fulani. More so, for want of peace and unity of dear country Nigeria, we call on Igbo nation to feel at home in the Middle Belt in an event they are sent away from the Arewa land.
God bless Nigeria! God bless the Middle Belt.

*Signed: President, Emma Zopmal*

3 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
4 out of the the 6 states in the middle belts are hausa speaking states with different minorities , and they have thesame culture as the core north, you can't shy away from a fact. And when did southern Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Gombe became your people?

The Igbos want biafra and we are ready to help them to achieve their dreams, they should just reciprocate what the northern youth intend to do shikenan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by crestedaguiyi: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Thanks but we are going home first.

4 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by princy80(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lol.. .am I the only person who thinks all these recent developments are funny?

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Kyase(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:
4 out of the the 6 states in the middle are hausa speaking states with different minorities , and they have thesame culture as the core north, you can't shy away from a fact. And when did southern Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Gombe became your people?

The Igbos want biafra and we are ready to help them to achieve their dreams, they should just reciprocate what the northern youth intend to do shikenan.
because they speak hausa as lingua franca doesnt mean they're hausas oneh

7 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
because they speak hausa as lingua franca doesnt mean they're hausas oneh

whats the big deal about it? half of the population are core northerners
But if they see theirselves as southerners they should name the region south central not north central.

The Ipob started it they want biafra and so shall it be, they should start by acting not by foaming and and hatred through social media.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:
4 out of the the 6 states in the middle are hausa speaking states with different minorities , and they have thesame culture as the core north, you can't shy away from a fact. And when did southern Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Gombe became your people?

Faruk leave them: Anyone who shield Ipob from going back to east, that person should consider himself as a tenant. Because he or she will be deported first b4 the Igbos. The north don't accept traitors. We speak with 1 voice.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Bodexman(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Both the Igbos and northern youths are confused set of people.

Anyway, let's give peace a chance abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Faruk leave them: Anyone who shield Ipob from going back to east, that person should consider himself as a tenant. Because he or she will be deported first b4 the Igbos. The north don't accept traitors. We speak with 1 voice.

They are just gullible fellows and trying to act politically correct by shunning all the hatred Ipob are showing towards the rest of Nigerians.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
Bodexman:
Both the Igbos and northern youths are confused set of people.

Anyway, let's give peace a chance abeg.

The north has give peace to Igbos since 2015 and still did not call 4 violence unlike the Igbos "kill any Hausa dat is against Biafra "
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by kernel505: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

But if they see theirselves as southerners they should name the region south central not north central.

The Ipob started it they want biafra and so shall it be, they should start by acting not by foaming and and hatred through social media.

You want them to call you brother after killing them?

6 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Kyase(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

im only disputing your earlier claim thats all

3 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
kernel505:

You want them to call you brother after killing them?

Who kills who? are you talking about the South easterners or the North central?
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by moneybagxxx: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
im only disputing your earlier claim thats all

What i said earlier is the reality a well known fact.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by kernel505: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

Who kills who? are you talking about the South easterners or the North central?

After your Fulani brothers has finished killing them in numbers.

5 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by chemicalDisease: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

When we say that some parts if Akwa Ibom, Delta , Rivers speak igbo and there for they are igbo, u will be shouting land grabbers upandan .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
kernel505:

After your Fulani brothers has finished killing them in numbers.

In every tribe there are bad eggs, and where were you when the killing in jos started back in the late 90's, who is at fault?

I am not in support of the killings but we all have to accept that there are bad fellows in each and every tribe.

The igbos are in no position to shout tribalism because they are the most tribalist people that i have ever come across, they are full of hatreds.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
chemicalDisease:

When we say that some parts if Akwa Ibom, Delta , Rivers speak igbo and there for they are igbo, u will be shouting land grabbers upandan .

I have never complained about your people grabbing land from the South south because i care less about your affairs and activities.

My problem with you guys is your hatred and your people are full of themselves like we owe them and living out of their mercy.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by kernel505: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

In every tribe there are bad eggs, and where were you when the killing in jos started back in the late 90's, who is at fault?

I am not in support of the killings but we all have to accept that there are bad fellows in each and every tribe.

The igbos are in no position to shout tribalism because they are the most tribalist people that i have ever come across, they are full of hatreds.

Please, how is the Igbos full of hate?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by chemicalDisease: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

I have never complained about your people grabbing land from the South south because i care less about your affairs and activities.

My problem with you guys is your hatred and your people are full of themselves like we owe them and living out of their mercy.

And you think that Middle belt care u exist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
kernel505:

Please, how is the Igbos full of hate?

Ask the hausa's, ask the yoruba's, ask the other minorities that live with igbos they will have more explanation.

As for me i stayed with them, my ex is an igbo girl from imo, i know the type of hatred her kinsmen showed me for dating their daughter, even thou her mom and dad likes me.

But that was then.

Are you not social media active? cant you see and hear the rage and hatred in Nnamdi kanu eyes and voice ? just try and watch biafra channel for once you will understand what i meant by the word hatred.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
chemicalDisease:

And you think that Middle belt care u exist
They dont have any choice, they are part of the north kiss the truth.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

but from the post they say they are "middle-belters", not northerners and they have a different culture from you, and you are here threatening to deport them, to the moon i suppose. there is freedom of association, you cant force them to be northerners...

5 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
karlz:

but from the post they say they are "middle-belters", not northerners and they have a different culture from you, and you are here threatening to deport them, to the moon i suppose. there is freedom of association, you cant force them to be northerners...
Like i said earlier majority of the North centrals have thesame culture as the core North.

Maybe the writer is delusional and trying to sound political correct,
everyone can write what he likes off point without tangible reason.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by kernel505: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

Ask the hausa's, ask the yoruba's, ask the other minorities that live with igbos they will have more explanation.

As for me i stayed with them, my ex is an igbo girl from imo, i know the type of hatred her kinsmen showed me for dating their daughter, even thou her mom and dad likes me.

But that was then.

Are you not social media active? cant you see and hear the rage and hatred in Nnamdi kanu eyes and voice ? just try and watch biafra channel for once you will understand what i meant by the word hatred.

I asked of one instance of hate, look... let's take all the federal presence in your zone, that's all we ask, since we're same nation.

Kastina getting 44 DSS slot, and the whole East getting just 24, you turn back and expect love, then... you're damned.

7 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

Like i said earlier majority of the North centrals have thesame culture as the core North.

Maybe the writer is delusional and trying to sound political correct,
everyone can write what he likes off point without tangible reason.
really?what culture exactly?sokoto and kano state which is mainly hausa/fulani has same culture as benue/plateau state? last time i checked consumption of alcohol, pork and 404 wasnt restricted in these middle-belt states, its a part of their culture...tell me about sokoto and katsina

4 Likes

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
karlz:

really?what culture exactly?sokoto and kano state which is mainly hausa/fulani has same culture as benue/plateau state? last time i checked consumption of alcohol, pork and 404 wasnt restricted in these middle-belt states, its a part of their culture...tell me about sokoto and katsina

Pork and alcohol has nothing to do with culture i know many christians and other minorities that detest pork and alcohol.

And as i said it is only benue state that slightly differs from north when it comes to culture.

Jos municipal is predominantly occupied by Hausa's infact the first language you will hear when you set foot in jos is hausa.

You can say there is difference in religion but the way of dressing of northern christians is thesame as the muslims.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
kernel505:

I asked of one instance of hate, look... let's take all the federal presence in your zone, that's all we ask, since we're same nation.

Kastina getting 44 DSS slot, and the whole East getting just 24, you turn back and expect love, then... you're damned.

About that Dss recruitment, it is not only your states/zone was isolated the North east, southwest and my zone were all victims.

sorry to say but your kinsmen are also at fault, you are want to secede and at thesame time you dont want to, you insults your dear country zoo and thesame time you want federal character appointment , you dont believe in one Nigeria and at thesame time you want to stay in every nook and cranny of the nation, you wave biafran flags and call yourselves biafrans and you still want to be called Nigerians.

It is not possible to eat your cake and you want to have it at thesame time, you need to know what you want, for you to move forward.
Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
farouk0403:

Pork and alcohol has nothing to do with culture i know many christians and other minorities that detest pork and alcohol.

And as i said it is only benue state that slightly differs from north when it comes to culture.

Jos municipal is predominantly occupied by Hausa's infact the first language you will hear when you set foot in jos is hausa.

You can say there is difference in religion but the way of dressing of northern christians is thesame as the muslims.

haba motumina, they speak hausa or dress like "mallams" doesnt mean they dont have their own cultures, the fact we all speak english and put on english wears hasnt changed our cultural background, you cant say we have same culture with the british...anyway these are just geographic or political divisions, ne, nw, nc/mb and each has a right to take a stand different from any other. If the mb states decide to ban open grazing the Sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano cannot revoke it and neither can you. so take a chill pill and let people live their lives the way they seem fit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice Against Ndigbo: Middle Belt Dissociates Itself From The North by farouk0403(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
karlz:

haba motumina, they speak hausa or dress like "mallams" doesnt mean they dont have their own cultures, the fact we all speak english and put on english wears hasnt changed our cultural background, you cant say we have same culture with the british...anyway these are just geographic or political divisions, ne, nw, nc/mb and each has a right to take a stand different from any other. If the mb states decide to ban open grazing the Sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano cannot revoke it and neither can you. so take a chill pill and let people live their lives the way they seem fit

ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Asks African Youths To Lead Fight Against Corruption / How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 / US Erect Her World Largest Embassy On Eko Atlantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.