Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,871 members, 7,862,922 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians (341 Views)

Enugu State Best Tailor In Enugu Fashion Designers, Fashion & Styles In Enugu / Girl, 12, Livestreams Her Own Suicide On Facebook After She Was 'sexually Abused / Touching Story Of'big Booty' Slave Who Was Abused By Europeans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians by PalmchatApp: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
It's ok to be a fashionista and probably want to make statements with your fashion sense, but honesty, there are some styles that doesn't go well with some people. It could fit A and look awful on B. People from other parts of the world could embrace it and look dope, but trust me when Nigerians so things, they sometimes over do.

Here is a list of some of those fashion sense abused by SOME of us.
1. Beards
When the trend for beards gang started, i was a big fan of it, especially when i see cute clean beards. Over the time, Nigerians took advantage of this to look like people from the terror gang. When you see some beards you just want to puke.

2. Sagging
Lord, have you seen some guys when they sag? You immediately just want to hug them . But trust me, when that thing entered them, it was almost unbelievable. Some people look like They have poo in their jeans or some kind of funny masquerade. The way they pulled down the jean and bounce, you just vex.

3. Flower on tops
This originated from Gucci design if i'm not wrong. Trust me, when Nigerians saw this, Hardly will you go anywhere without seeing the flower attached to clothes, jean, shoes and so on. Some even abused it till they start looking like a graveyard,lol.

4. Sneakers
I love the idea of sneakers on any outfit, it gives a classy touch. People wear it on jean, skater skirts, dresses and so on. It became annoying when some put on iro n buba, lace, long dresses, and still wear sneakers. sigh.

5. Baby hair
This looks perfect on some people, especially those cute ladies. When my girls took over, it was a different thing, they pull the front hair almost up to the brows looking like people from the underworld. On a lighter note, this is so so so wrong.

6. Makeup contour, highlighting
It was all fun and game when this trend started, you just can't help but admire. Now, it's a different ball game entirely, some contour and highlight makes you wonder what exactly was going on before they had that on their face.

Drop and include the ones not mentioned here.

Re: 6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians by TRADELYN: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
embarassed
Re: 6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians by Young03(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
ur speaking rubbish

how e take concern u?
Re: 6 Fashion Styles Awfully Abused By Nigerians by Young03(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
ur speaking rubbish

how e take concern u?

(1) (Reply)

Back From Church/mosque? See News Headlines In Naija For Sunday, 11/6/2017 / Easy Way To Find Good Online Jobs / Richard Brandson On The Future Of Mobile Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.