Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Is The Actualization Of Biafra A Mere Dream, Or A Prophesy To Materialize? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Actualization Of Biafra A Mere Dream, Or A Prophesy To Materialize? (309 Views)

Senator Kamala Harris Is A Prophesy Come True But America Will Be Doomed If.... / God Forbid We Support The Actualization Of Biafra / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Actualization Of Biafra A Mere Dream, Or A Prophesy To Materialize? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Now, i never have found and thought it necessary to create a post on this forum, though i am a regular member of this honored house, i have out of compulsion, personal decision and of necessity limited my involvement in the discuss of the forum to only comments, reply, and likes, thereby keeping mostly a low profile. Nevertheless, i find it compelling, inevitable and of paramount importance to share my thoughts on this very issue, and to elicit replies, views etc from the readers. So, straight to the point; - In view of the actions, in-actions, support, adherence, activities, fall-outs, and all the baggage that preceded, came with, and still lingers on in the shadows, as it pertains to Biafrans and the Sit-at-Home Order of 30th May 2017, which according to some quarters, media and news outlets, generated a mountain of dust in Nigeria, it is believed that at no one point in time (may be barring the secession attempt of the civil war;1967-1970) have the Igbo nation come out en mass to show solidarity and support for the course of actualizing a sovereign Biafran state. The widespread support, acceptance, goodwill and support with which the said exercise was met with in most major cities, towns, and communities in the Eastern part points to the fact that more and more Igbos are rallying to the call for a sovereign Biafran state. Suffice it to also point out the involvement and support of Igbos/Biafrans in diaspora. It is on print and in the media, internet etc that Igbos in over seventy five (75) countries the world over adhered to and aligned in solidarity and unison to the order issued by the Leaders of IPOB (Indigenous People of Biafra) and MASSOB (Movement for Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra). For once, this order was not met headlong by the familiar threats/violence associated with certain of our security agencies in matters of such magnitude except in certain isolated cases, instead notable Nigerians from various walks of life ensured in debate with personal, measured, conforming and divergent views on the issue. It is also pertinent and truthful to point to the fact that the current talks about "RESTRUCTURING" is borne out of issues that may be directly, indirectly or partially linked to this agitations for sovereignty of the Biafran people. This also raises questions as to the issue of "REFERENDUM", which is a course being strongly championed by the agitators. Thus, i ask this;
1) Was the order a "bold statement" by the Biafrans, pointing out a course from whence they would not turn back, no matter what. Considering the general support, favor, and acceptance of the exercise by the majority of the Igbos and most Southerners? they see it as succesful

2) The cajoling, pampering and soft hand extended to the Easterners /Igbos concerning this very exercise is the first of its kind from any Nigerian government. So, i ask; "Do the government and those in powers see this as a serious threat to their obligation of the keeping Nigeria s "One Nation"?

3) Is there any hope whatsoever, for the Biafrans?

Thanks, mature and enlightened comments only wink, To see my views on the above said topic, check out, https://emmadimoko..com.ng/2017/06/goodafternoon-my-good-and-lovely-people.html
Re: Is The Actualization Of Biafra A Mere Dream, Or A Prophesy To Materialize? by Alisegun(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Slaughter 4 Villagers Near Gwoza / Stop Agitating For Biafra, Okorocha Tells Igbo / Buhari Is #bokoharam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.