Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Consciousness Of God's Majesty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Consciousness Of God's Majesty (389 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Consciousness: Posers For Atheists / A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Consciousness Of God's Majesty by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
[b]The Consciousness of GOD's Majesty[/b]

God’s Majesty describes the very essence of God: His holiness; His name; His beauty; His gloriousness; the enormity of His power; His glorious presence; His transcendence etc. David describes His voice as “full of majesty” [Psalm 29:4]. Psalm 93:1 says that God “is clothed in majesty”. Psalm 96:6 says that “honour and majesty are before Him”. Psalm 104:1 declares that God is “clothed with honour and majesty”. Elihu in Job 37:22 says that “with God is terrible majesty”. Isaiah in his prophecy concerning the last days when the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, says that the unbelieving shall run to the clefts of the rocks, into caves, into ragged rocks and in the dust “for fear of the LORD and for the glory of His majesty”. [Isaiah 2:10, 19, 21]. Micah while describing the Messiah [the Deliverer from Bethlehem] declares that He shall come “in the majesty of the name of the LORD His God” [Micah 5:2, 4].

The writer of the book of Hebrews says that Jesus Christ our High Priest “is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens”. Paul in his doxology of God's majesty, awesomeness and glory says in Romans 11:33-34, 36 “33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”

Brethren, our God is awesome. He is to be revered and worshipped. Holy and reverend is His name [Psalm 111:9]. His testimonies are very sure [confirmed and completely reliable]. Holiness adorns His house for ever [Psalm 93:5]. We must be conscious of these attributes as we seek to worship Him. The narratives of those who have witnessed His glory in Scriptures are consistent with His majesty. When Isaiah in a vision saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up and the retinue of angels saying “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory”. Isaiah awed by the vision of the One “who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto” [1 Timothy 6:16]; the One who dwells “between the cherubims” cried “Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”

When Daniel had the vision of the Son of God, he testified as follows in Daniel 10:8 “and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.” The awesomeness of Christ was so much that according to Daniel “the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.” [Daniel 10:7]. To show the consistency of the awesomeness and majesty of God, John the beloved had same experience in the book of Revelation 1:13-17. John testified thus, when he had the vision of the glorified Christ “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead.”

Brethren, the majesty of God is beyond human comprehension. It is unsearchable and cannot be fathomed out. The consciousness of God's majesty is not meant to chase us away from God, but rather to draw us nigh unto His holy presence with reverential fear. We are to “serve God acceptably and with reverence and godly fear” [Hebrews 12:29].

David asked in Psalm 24:3 “Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place”? The hill of the Lord is where God's sanctuary is located. It is the place of worship to God and communion with Him. It is in the heavenly realm. It is the place where Christ is seated [Ephesians 1:20]. According to Ephesians 1:21, this place is “far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion.” This very privileged place, is for those "that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully." [Psalm 24:4]. These are persons of impeccable behaviour and character; people who are daily living a life of righteousness and purity. These are they who are made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus [Ephesians 2:6].

Conclusion
The great God wants to tabernacle with you and I. He desires to dwell in us and be our God as we in turn become His people. No matter how far away one may be from Him, He is forever near us. He is so close to us. He is beckoning and saying to us "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." [Isaiah 1:18]. He is the God who changes situations. He wants to take you and I to the next level of our spiritual attainment.

Isaiah's inadequacy before a Holy God led to his cleansing. Isaiah 6:5-7 “6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.”

Daniel was raised to his knees by an angel as he was in deep sleep with his face toward the ground. Daniel 10:10-11 “10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. 11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.”

John was encouraged and commissioned for an assignment by his Master, the Lord Jesus Christ when he John fell at the feet of Christ. Revelation 1:17-19 “17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter”

Brethren, come and let us humble ourselves before this Holy God: for "if ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land." [Isaiah 1:19]. Are you ready to follow Him, then go to Him in prayers as you repent of your sins and unrighteousness.

Till we meet again on this platform, I remain yours in Christ Jesus, our soon coming KING of Kings and LORD of Lords.

God bless you.
Re: The Consciousness Of God's Majesty by AgoraRoad(m): 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Visit [url]agoraroad.com[/url] Blog that archives FORBIDDEN knowledge from the Darknet, [url]agoraroad.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Denies Evans, Says “we Don’t Know Him” / Iran: Isreal Main Threat To Muslim World. / See River Flowing With Blood (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.