Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Is This Possible - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is This Possible (613 Views)

Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Possible by dante101: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
hello webmasters, i have an app idea am currently trying to put in place, pls i want to know if its possible to have an app installed to mobile device and that app to be able to restrict that phone to only one user, my app would require a phone number during registration but i want where the user cant change the sim to register another account on same app and phone. thanks. hope i was able to pass the message properly
Re: Is This Possible by Afam4eva(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
It's possible and it's not possible. Let me explain why...

There are ways to be able to track users. Some of which are through:

1. IP addresses: If you use IP, the person can always change their IP address. There are IP resellers all over the place
2. Emails: We know one perosn can have 1 million Email addresses if they want to. So this is a no no.
3. Cookie system: You can store cookies on people's system to know whenever they access your site. But they can always use another phone to register for a new account
4. Etc

So, i think the best way to go about it is to use some form of unique identification such as an international passport, National ID card, BVN and other forms of unique identification. That way people cannot cheat the system and even if they intend to cheat, the stress in doing so will discourage them. I don't think they want to go through the stress except your app is some form of money multiplier app.
Re: Is This Possible by bot101(m): 12:39am On Jun 09, 2017
Well, since it's a mobile app, it is very possible. Every mobile phone has a unique IMEI number (except clones & IMEI hacks) which you can use to identify a device. Just keep track of this number and you have device level authentication.
Re: Is This Possible by Afam4eva(m): 12:42am On Jun 09, 2017
bot101:
Well, since it's a mobile app, it is very possible. Every mobile phone has a unique IMEI number (except clones & IMEI hacks) which you can use to identify a device. Just keep track of this number and you have device level authentication.
Never really thought of this and now i'm seeing the OP's question in a different light.
Re: Is This Possible by dante101: 2:55am On Jun 09, 2017
bot101:
thanks boss, i just saw this method on quora as well, will look to exploit it.............to bother you one last time do you think its that easy for an average nigerian app developer to develop this functionality into an app? am asking because am looking to setup a startup to build my app, and am looking to hire a full time staff developer as i dont have knowledge on coding. so i want to know if this function can be done easily. thanks again
Re: Is This Possible by dante101: 2:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
It's possible and it's not possible. Let me explain why...

There are ways to be able to track users. Some of which are through:

1. IP addresses: If you use IP, the person can always change their IP address. There are IP resellers all over the place
2. Emails: We know one perosn can have 1 million Email addresses if they want to. So this is a no no.
3. Cookie system: You can store cookies on people's system to know whenever they access your site. But they can always use another phone to register for a new account
4. Etc

So, i think the best way to go about it is to use some form of unique identification such as an international passport, National ID card, BVN and other forms of unique identification. That way people cannot cheat the system and even if they intend to cheat, the stress in doing so will discourage them. I don't think they want to go through the stress except your app is some form of money multiplier app.
thank you sir. smiley
Re: Is This Possible by bot101(m): 6:09am On Jun 09, 2017
Re: Is This Possible by bot101(m): 6:19am On Jun 09, 2017
dante101:

thanks boss, i just saw this method on quora as well, will look to exploit it.............to bother you one last time do you think its that easy for an average nigerian app developer to develop this functionality into an app? am asking because am looking to setup a startup to build my app, and am looking to hire a full time staff developer as i dont have knowledge on coding. so i want to know if this function can be done easily. thanks again

Very well yes. It's not difficult to implement this specific feature. You can even eliminate most of the threats from clones and IMEI hacks by using a combination of the IMEI & user's phone number, retrieved directly from the SIM rather than have the user input it but this will probably not work on some older devices.
Combining both approaches with SMS auto verification will give you a pretty strong identfication system.
Re: Is This Possible by Seetbro: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2017
bot101:

Very well yes. It's not difficult to implement this specific feature. You can even eliminate most of the threats from clones and IMEI hacks by using a combination of the IMEI & user's phone number, retrieved directly from the SIM rather than have the user input it but this will probably not work on some older devices.
Combining both approaches with SMS auto verification will give you a pretty strong identfication system.

You can generate , analyze and fetch imei with this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gibatekpro.imeiinfo
Re: Is This Possible by Seetbro: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2017
dante101:

You can generate , analyze and fetch imei with this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gibatekpro.imeiinfo
Re: Is This Possible by Seetbro: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2017
dante101:

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone Who Can Drive Huge Traffic To My Blog / Android App Developer In Lagos Or Abeokuta Needed / Verified 9ja Adsense For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.