Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder (692 Views)

Ifeanyi Agwuegbo Granted N27m Bail By US Court / A US Court Sentenced A Nigerian To Six And A Half Years In Prison For Fraud / South African Court Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years For Human Trafficking [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by voiceoftheupcom: 5:16am On Jun 09, 2017
US COURT SENTENCES NIGERIAN TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT FOR MURDER
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/06/us-court-sentences-nigerian-to-life.html

A Nigerian businessman, Ezeoma Chigozie Obioha, was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole during an emotional court hearing on Monday.
The 32-year-old was sentenced for the 2015 murder of a woman who was blasted in the face with a shotgun as she walked into a restaurant in Hollywood with her boyfriend.
While the sentencing was on, Obioha sat showing no emotion as Carrie Jean Melvin’s relatives told the court that her killing had upended their lives, ktla.com reported.
“I have tried to answer my family’s questions, but how do you explain a completely senseless act? We cry every day,” said her father, Bernard Melvin. “I had to hear and see things in the trial that no parent should have to hear.”
The victim’s older brother, Ryan, said Obioha’s insistence that he is innocent compounded the family’s grief. He said he experiences recurring nightmares about his sister’s murder.
In December 2016, after the conviction, Obioha’s attorney, Jamon Hicks, told reporters that he was “disappointed obviously” with the verdict and said that he believed the defense had done a “good job of showing that there was reasonable doubt in the case.”, Loss Angeles Daily News had reported.
“This is a (case of) he wasn’t the one and that someone else did this, someone murdered her in a terrible fashion, but they got the wrong guy … I’ll always think that they have the wrong person. Our theme was that this was a rush to judgment,” the defense lawyer said.
Obioha’s sister, Nkechi Howell, said she was “devastated but not surprised” by the verdict.
“I have to be hopeful that the truth will come out and justice will be served. I know my brother didn’t do this. Our whole family knows that he’s innocent. Someone killed Carrie Melvin, but it wasn’t my brother and we have known that the entirety of this trial.”

Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by ochobaba(m): 5:45am On Jun 09, 2017
NCAN
Food is ready
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by DanseMacabre(m): 5:49am On Jun 09, 2017
I dey sure say na the shape of him head make them dey accuse this guy like this.

2 Likes

Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by Esosa01(m): 6:21am On Jun 09, 2017
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by dechar(m): 6:29am On Jun 09, 2017
this fido dido go innocent
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by DropShot: 6:32am On Jun 09, 2017
This man may be innocent afterall.
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by Tkester: 6:34am On Jun 09, 2017
Afonjas go like this news wella.
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by Tkester: 6:35am On Jun 09, 2017
This is bad!!
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by tyson98: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2017
NCAN

SAGAMU BRANCH grin
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by YorubaNigga(m): 7:02am On Jun 09, 2017
But seriously NL need to stop all these tribal bashing. We need reasonable comments on this forum.

But wait oooo @OP, shey na the guy head shape be that grin? Igwe must hear this.

Even Igwe himself get same head shape of developer grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by jay2pee(m): 7:07am On Jun 09, 2017
There is always a biased judgment of Nigerians abroad... So, he might be innocent anyway

1 Like

Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by Lanretoye(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2017
akoba adaba,Olurun ma je a ri.
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by pimppimp(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2017
NCAN it's here again bigger, better, and stronger...
Yes sir, it's them again... the usual cone heads, yes from the yeast
We are not surprise it can only be them representing. Next!! over
But but but... Shut up I said OVER shocked
Re: Us Court Sentences Nigerian To Life Imprisonment For Murder by Elnino4ladies: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2017
NCAN makurdi branch reporting life on duty

(1) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bomber Pictured Holding Baby Moments Before Detonating Bomb / A Grandma Did This To Her Grand Daughter In Onilegogoro Surulere. / My Kid Sister Was Raped Yesterday - Solomon Batholomew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.