Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,086 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Benzema Expect Ronaldo To Grab The Balloon D'or Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Benzema Expect Ronaldo To Grab The Balloon D'or Award (317 Views)

Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Lionel Messi Shows Off Skills After Ballon D'or Award In Barca Training (Photos) / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benzema Expect Ronaldo To Grab The Balloon D'or Award by lightblazingnow(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2017
The France international says that while his superstar teammate may be somewhat single-minded when in possession of the ball, it is not a characteristic that affects the success of the team.

Ronaldo, widely expected to be recipient of the coveted Ballon d'Or award for his contribution of 42 goals in 46 matches across all competitions, played a crucial role in Los Blancos' double-winning season and has won the admiration of his 29-year old teammate.

"I have no words," Benzema told AS. "When I hear his name, I just have a gesture of admiration," he said of Ronaldo, as quoted by AS.

"He's an extraordinary person. We understand each other well on the pitch. He wants to have the ball but it's very difficult to get it when he runs with it.

"He's not selfish on the pitch but if he has the ball he always wants to go for goal. And suddenly, he'll set me up to score."

In addition to his astonishing tally of goals, the 32-year old also contributed 12 assists over the 2016/17 campaign, a statistic that goes some distance towards proving Benzema's statement.

The striker, who, himself, contributed 19 goals and nine assists over the season, also went on to praise club manager Zinedine Zidane, highlighting the passion which the French football legend brings to the training ground.

"He's a very complete, professional coach," Benzema said. "Everyone admires him for his decisions in key moments. Zidane is more excited than a lot of the players in training. We understand each other well."

(1) (Reply)

''home Of Pleasure'' Trending-movie / It Was Lovely Bowling, Particularly Straight / "Juventus Confirm Alves Release"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.