Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? (802 Views)

Ruby On Rails Developers In Nigeria / Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria? / Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by realnaija(m): 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
Hi All,

Is there any IPHONE developers, with apps on the apps store in Nigeria?
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by logica(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
None that I know of, but I know of 1 that developed some themes. Why don't you go for it, and be the first? grin
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by candylips(m): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
good advice logica
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by guru02(m): 1:39am On Jan 22, 2010
Man with logicgrin grin grin
You get sensecheesy
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by realnaija(m): 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2010
I downloaded the SDK and have been teaching myself so far.
The next step is to make a working App, but anything I can think of looks to already have been done.
I am thinking of something with a Nigeria/West African slant. What do you guys think?
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by logica(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2010
Why don't u come up with a translator for at least 3 major Nigerian native languages? That, as a matter of fact will be useful to all foreigners interested in the country.
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by realnaija(m): 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2010
Funny, I am actually doing that as we speak. If successful in doing so I will let you guys know.

Another one on my mind was creating a library of all English speaking Nollywood films, for Naijas in the diaspora
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by logica(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2010
realnaija:

Funny, I am actually doing that as we speak.
Really? Then why did you say everything you can think of has been done?
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by dueal(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2010
@realnaija. I like the idea of a translator app for our indigenous language(s). That's a really big project. Hope u've done enough R&D which should include getting linguists in the language(s) u r targeting. You won't want a situa tion where for instance the court judge says 'Order' and ur translator says 'Louder'. Good luck.
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by dueal(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2010
@realnaija. I like the idea of a translator app for our indigenous language(s). That's a really big project. Hope u've done enough R&D which should include getting linguists in the language(s) u r targeting. You won't want a situa tion where for instance the court judge says 'Order' and ur translator says 'Louder'. Good luck.
Re: Any Iphone/touch Developers In Nigeria? by logica(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2010
I don't expect you to start with sentence translations. Without having any technical knowledge of context, grammar, sentential forms, etc you'll be wasting your time. It's best to start with a simple word translator.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me / Facebook Unlike Button / [Help Request] Help me align Horizontal Boxes on my page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.