Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Does Brushing Of The Teeth While Fasting Invalidates The Fasting? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Brushing Of The Teeth While Fasting Invalidates The Fasting? (382 Views)

NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? / Ramadan '18: Supplication When Breaking The Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Brushing Of The Teeth While Fasting Invalidates The Fasting? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
Muslims, pls come and attend to this, cause my friend and I just had a misunderstanding and it was serious..

He was talking to me and his breath was very bad, as in even sock away smells better, so I told him that brushing does not invalidates the fasting and so the argument started, what's your take on this?

Cc; lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Does Brushing Of The Teeth While Fasting Invalidates The Fasting? by Onemilo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
Slm alaykum.

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الصَّبَّاحِ، حَدَّثَنَا شَرِيكٌ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، عَنْ عَاصِمِ بْنِ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَامِرِ بْنِ رَبِيعَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَسْتَاكُ وَهُوَ صَائِمٌ ‏.‏ زَادَ مُسَدَّدٌ مَا لاَ أَعُدُّ وَلاَ أُحْصِي ‏.‏

Narrated Amir ibn Rabi'ah:

I have seen the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) using a tooth-stick while he was fasting. Musaddad added in his version: "more often than I could count."

Da'if (Al-Albani)

Sunan Abi Dawud 2364
In-book : Book 14, Hadith 52
English translation : Book 13, Hadith 2357

If you are not someone who swallows toothpaste, it is permissible...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Sunnah Of Social Distancing / Do You Plan To Go For Umrah? / I Want An Hijab Female Pious Muslim Sister For Nikkah This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.