Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? (20597 Views)

Ruling On Swallowing Phlegm While Fasting / Ruling On Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting / Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Lukgaf(m): 5:32am On Apr 24, 2020
Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about using toothpaste whilst fasting. He said: there is nothing wrong with that so long as one is careful to avoid swallowing any of it, just as it is prescribed in Islam for the fasting person to use the siwaak (tooth-stick)

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 4/247

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

… This leads us to the question: Is it permissible to use a toothbrush and toothpaste whilst fasting or not?

The answer is that it is permitted, but it is preferable not to use them because the toothpaste is too strong and may go down into the throat. Instead of doing that during the day, one should do it at night.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 6/407, 408

Source: Islam QA

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Kherdija(f): 5:38am On Apr 24, 2020
Masha Allah,tnx for d Enlightenment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2020
But you have the grace to eat before 5am in the morning, you'll use that opportunity to brush your teeth, Since your fasting is 1-0-1..

You eat in the morning take a break in afternoon and dinner at night, so what's so special using toothpaste and toothbrush after 5am

192 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Froshloaded: 10:02am On Apr 24, 2020

Muslim's Funny oo
They will wake up in the morning and eat at 3am, they will now say thats how they fast.
Which kind fast be that, when u don chop for morning grin grin

Poor people are already fasting already, cos of no food cry

223 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by 9jayes: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2020
You can use it at anytime you wish, the rule is the same as tasting food, but you must make sure you don't swallow it.
Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by kolafolabi(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2020
Well analysed.. Kudos!

May Allah accept our fasting, duas, good deeds and forgive us for our sins and short comings.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by toyinjimoh(m): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for d info, wish to learn more
Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Proffdada: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2020
Nope
You must endanger other people's olfactory nerves

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Brymo4all(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2020
That's Sahur...
Fasting starts few minutes before Fajr prayer
Froshloaded:

Muslim's Funny oo
They will wake up in the morning and eat at 3am, they will now say thats how they fast.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by worworbabe: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Don't answer the trolls. Remember you are fasting.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Ussycool: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Froshloaded:

Muslim's Funny oo

Xtians are hypocrites o.
Wetin concern you with our deeds?
Na you sabi, if u like commit sucide that wouldn't change our mind.

28 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by handsomeyinka(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Yes ooo ...pls use tooth paste.

Mouth odour is killing faster than corona virus..

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by 1stola: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Yes.

Don't swallow sha.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by ibrahim109: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Taqaballahu mina wamikum ������[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:
But you have the grace to eat before 5am in the morning, you'll use that opportunity to brush your teeth, Since your fasting is 1-0-1..

You eat in the morning take a break in afternoon and dinner at night, so what's so special using toothpaste and toothbrush after 5am
so how does that affect u?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by 1stola: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:

Shut up!

5am kee u dier.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by sunshineV(f): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2020
You're fasting and you're on nairaland lol

Okay o

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by BackToLife: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2020
Of cause!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by tobayonline: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2020
It’s better to replace than repair but we can fix your facilities back to its Normal condition

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Corporate2020: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:

Brother, join us in this 1 - 0 - 1 nah. Before now, you can only afford to eat once in a day. So, this is an opportunity for you to start going from Mosque to Mosque to eat free food.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by myenvironalert(m): 10:18am On Apr 24, 2020
Funny people! After waking up by 5am to fill your tummy with bowls of eba and ewedu, you're still asking if one should brush? Do everything you need to do by 5am, eat again by 7pm.

You have fasted. Leemaaao

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by neweraomo: 10:29am On Apr 24, 2020
sunshineV:
You're fasting and you're on nairaland lol

Okay o
must you comment

6 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by neweraomo: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2020
myenvironalert:
Funny people! After waking up by 5am to fill your tummy with bowls of eba and ewedu, you're still asking if one should brush? Do everything you need to do by 5am, eat again by 7pm.

You have fasted. Leemaaao
stick to what you know and leave others to their beliefs,be mature for once in your life

8 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by Thatsammie(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2020
Ramadan Kareem to all the Muslim faithfuls on Nairaland.

I'm not one but have many of them as friends.

11 Likes

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by supercase1(m): 10:33am On Apr 24, 2020
pantigha2:
Be careful not to swallow any of it, keep your breathe fresh
Swallowing it is good it keep the mouth and stomach clean Allah be praised!! !
Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by abujaafar18: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2020
Froshloaded:

[b]
Muslim's Funny oo
You claim you're commanded to fast fourty days and fourty nights, tell me sincerely whether you obeyed this during the recent length, except you disbelieve in that just like I do as there is no where in your Bible that Christ gave such commandment.
Can your God be so wicked as to ask you to fast fourty days and fourty nights? How many of you christians can fast in that manner?
Allah that we worship is so merciful that we believe can't give such kind of instruction.
Do you know that a good number of Muslims find it difficult to observe the Muslim Ramadan fast that you are undermining and condemning? You can try it and see if it is easy as you think.
I wonder why a people who can't even follow their own fictitious rules they have set for themselves would have any moral justification to condemn what others believe with clear proofs as their devinely revealed commandment.
What you failed to understand is that it's not the amount of hunger or thirst that God is interested in. It's your level of piety and will to obey his commandment through perseverance.
May Allah guide you to path of Truth.
Ameen

[/b]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? by BoboKush(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2020
No..... Don't use toothpaste.... Go around for 30-40 days like that.... Smh

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hajj Miracle: Sudanese Woman Regains Vision After Years Of Blindness / The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words / Who Is Sheik Inyass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.