Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Frequent Update On Play Store - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Frequent Update On Play Store (1013 Views)

See The List Of Most Downloaded Apps On Play Store So Far In 2018 / 10 Android Apps Not Found On Play Store / How Do I Pause A Download On Play Store?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frequent Update On Play Store by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
.......Is it my phone or do every one else also experience this frequent update on playstore? Some of the application on play store get update every week, yet there's nothing new in the applications.

Application like Facebook, Messenger, Bible, Opera mini etc get update yet there's nothing new in them.

Is like Google don't know data is very expensive now in Nigeria, ones might be force to ignored those update!

Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by Youngpo413: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
see bloatwares choi.
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by dukeo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
wizzywisdom:
.......Is it my phone or do every one else also experience this frequent update on playstore? Some of the application on play store get update every week, yet there's nothing new in the applications.

Application like Facebook, Messenger, Bible, Opera mini etc get update yet there's nothing new in them.

Is like Google don't know data is very expensive now in Nigeria, ones might be force to ignored those update!

This MAY be what has been happening to you ; last update you made was for 30th May and you updated last week and now the one for 9th June is here and it's feels like just a week old
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
dukeo:

This MAY be what has been happening to you ; last update you made was for 30th May and you updated last week and now the one for 9th June is here and it's feels like just a week old

Do u mean there are dates for updates to be release? I didn't notice that, all I notice is each time I decide to visit play store, there would be updates waiting for me
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by kick(f): 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Turn off auto update in your playstore
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by dukeo(m): 9:58am On Jun 10, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Do u mean there are dates for updates to be release? I didn't notice that, all I notice is each time I decide to visit play store, there would be updates waiting for me

I don't mean there are dates. I am only saying that could be a possibility. Personally, I don't update the apps I don't use. Of all the Google Apps pre-installed, the ones I update are Gmail and Chrome. Play Store and play services as you may have found out updates automatically. So you might try this way too, just saying
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by Lexusgs430: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Updates on apps are meant to fix bugs and add extra seen or unseen extras. Some apps are improved after updates , while others are broken. But generally updates are good for app improvements...........

1 Like

Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by nani667: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Nothing Concern Google with the app Updates... except those for Google owned apps like the Google app, Gmail and the likes...

It's the owners of the Other apps that Drop the frequent Updates... and Updates are necessary to fix issues... You can always choose to Ignore the Updates... and Save your Data ✔

1 Like

Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
dukeo:

I don't mean there are dates. I am only saying that could be a possibility. Personally, I don't update the apps I don't use. Of all the Google Apps pre-installed, the ones I update are Gmail and Chrome. Play Store and play services as you may have found out updates automatically. So you might try this way too, just saying

Thanks
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
Did you say very week abi everyday? Facebook, Facebook messenger, Google and Gmail and chrome, these ones ask for updates everyday soooo annoying.
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by grudges: 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
My own is even worth, when downloading apps, from playstore ot always pause till I switch my data off nd on it again, for 2mb apps it pause 2-3 times, I install new play store no work, factory reset, cleared cach alk doesnt work, any solution
Re: Frequent Update On Play Store by chineduace(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
try to read the update details column (in green).
this tells you what has been updated and if it interests you then you can update otherwise ignore...
most updates are just bug fixes or performance issues, once in a while you will see a major update with change in material design... thats when you should update.

(1) (Reply)

Uhans Max 2 Unboxing And Hands-on Review / How To Fix Overheating In Android Devices / Iphone 6 For Sale At Affordable Price[highly Negotiable ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.