Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

NYSC Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / NYSC Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price (733 Views)

Burna Boy Refunds Fan's Ticket Money In Atlanta, Asks Security To Throw Him Out / Rita Nzelu’s Family Refunds N70 Bride Price To Simeon Okoro's Family / Tonto Dikeh's Father Refunds Bride Price To Churchill's Family (Video, Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price by Grovebase: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
A Jos Upper Area Court on Thursday dissolved the marriage between 27-year-old Rukayat Ahmed, an NYSC member, and Alkasim Ahmed, following a petition filed by the former.

Rukayat, a resident of Jos, had approached the court seeking the dissolution of the marriage on the grounds that she was no more in love with Alkasim.

The woman, who filed a direct complaint to the court, argued that such separation was permissible in Islamic law,

“if the partners are no more in love and therefore unwilling to live together”.
When the case was mentioned on May 25, the husband did not object to Rukayat’s demand.

At the resumption of hearing on the matter on Thursday, the Judge, Yahaya Ahmed, endorsed the separation of the couple and ordered the petitioner to refund the N80,000 paid as dowry by her husband, as applicable in Islamic law.

Rukayat promptly paid the money and walked away a free woman
More photos
http://grovebasenigeria.com/blog/nysc-member-divorces-husband-refunds-n80000-bride-price/

Re: NYSC Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price by SHEEGO2015(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
K
Re: NYSC Member Divorces Husband, Refunds N80,000 Bride Price by Came: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
Better than enduring all in the name of "I don't want people to mock me if i leave my marriage"

(1) (Reply)

Amber Rose Explains Reasons Behind Her Nude Photo She Shared On Social Media / PHOTOS: Funke Akindele, Tiwa Savage, Others At Step Out For Isoken Movie Premier / Seyilaw Shares Adorable Photo Of His Daughter, Tiwaloluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.