Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate (13509 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon / Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable Senate Insists (Video) / Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by nigeriansvoice: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
Arewa youths should forget about the Igbos and in the northand other humans. The target should be all the news papers who have made it a tradition of spreading biafra news everyday. Stop the selling of the papers with biafra news in your areas and regions which will stop it all over the country and see how the biafra nonesense will die. This is an idea. Ideas rule the world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by chiagozien(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
i wonder what lugard would have name you people if he did not see river niger.can anybody tell me the name you think he would have name nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by ItsTutsi(m): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
But his not as mad as the coward OJUKWU that lead over 1m to their ultimate igbos death
conductor3:
Story. Unity beggars need someone to tell them something they need to hear everyday.

Zoo gbakwaa oku.

Is Fraud Lugard's Nigeria stronger than USSR, Korea, India and Ethiopia? Yet these countries split.

Banana fall on Saraki for giving these dying unity beggars hope.

Finally, tell Buhari I said he is mad - Nnamdi Kanu (2017)

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by chiagozien(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
nigeriansvoice:
Arewa youths should forget about the Igbos and in the northand other humans. The target should be all the news papers who have made it a tradition of spreading biafra news everyday. Stop the selling of the papers with biafra news in your areas and regions which will stop it all over the country and see how the biafra nonesense will die. This is an idea. Ideas rule the world
then you are dumb.they should also jam radio biafra and biafran television first.do you know how much nigeria has spend to jam radio biafra and the tv station.but they no fit.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by DaPuncline: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
peacereign:
This is y the Northern Youth are running their mouth, becos they think the constitution does not provide for referendum and their National Assembly members will never allow for a simple referendum.

As with everything destined by God, though it might appear delayed but it is never denied.

The Zoo will know no peace until the rising of the Sun.
Likewise you and your family will never experience peace.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by legalvoice(m): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
taylor88:
Nigeria can never be better as one

let's stop deceiving ourself

Gbam...!
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Luciferdevil(m): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Oboy which sun wan rise pass the one weh rise today?

Zoo abi? am sure the little education you had was in a zoo ( can you imagine?)

You mean to say Unity Enforcers
cos as l observe it, they are making you stay against your senseless wish...
Although most of you like it better in the zoo. Just travel outside ipod pad and see for yourself.
Shut up joor pig.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Padiga: 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
dapyd1:
Scotland is a country. Before they had a referendum on secession from the UK, they had a working constitution, state facilities were working well. The modalities on power were worked out. Everyone knew their place.

Those calling for Biafra, taking into cognisance the news we heard this morning about a whole ibo village rejecting an ibo priest because he is not from their village, what happens when Biafra happens?

Who leads you? Is there a power sharing formular? Do you have a constitution you will abide to? Have the modalities been worked out? Which state will first have power? What happens to resources sharing?

For those in the south saying Federal Government failed you, you distort facts.

Federal government gave you NDDC, gave you 13% derivation, oil companies do a lot of CSR in your communities, invest in scholarship for you, employ your children, and gave you amnesty when you arose.

Federal government did not fail you. Your governors did. The same governors that hail from your towns.

Alameisegha took your money and squandered it. Ìbòrí did same. The list goes on. You rever and worship this people, but fight the central government. Your priorities are wrong.

Before you quote me, please read again, I talked with common sense. Please do same.

I am not an ethnic bigot, neither am I intra racist, I just believe Biafra will do more harm than good. I stand to be corrected.

You guys may eventually bite more than you can chew. It happened before, be careful to not let it happen again.

Work out the modalities, before you scream biafra.

Is it your Biafra? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by immazion972: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
dapyd1:
Scotland is a country. Before they had a referendum on secession from the UK, they had a working constitution, state facilities were working well. The modalities on power were worked out. Everyone knew their place.

Those calling for Biafra, taking into cognisance the news we heard this morning about a whole ibo village rejecting an ibo priest because he is not from their village, what happens when Biafra happens?

Who leads you? Is there a power sharing formular? Do you have a constitution you will abide to? Have the modalities been worked out? Which state will first have power? What happens to resources sharing?

Federal government gave you NDDC, gave you 13% derivation, oil companies do a lot of CSR in your communities, invest in scholarship for you, employ your children, and gave you amnesty when you arose.

Federal government did not fail you. Your governors did. The same governors that hail from your towns.

Alameisegha took your money and squandered it. Ìbòrí did same. The list goes on. You rever and worship this people, but fight the central government. Your priorities are wrong.

Before you quote me, please read again, I talked with common sense. Please do same.

I am not an ethnic bigot, neither am I intra racist, I just believe Biafra will do more harm than good. I stand to be corrected.

You guys may eventually bite more than you can chew. It happened before, be careful to not let it happen again.

marriage is not by force we really want to be on our own period
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Shut up joor pig.

cheesy
Oga have you taken your Painmatol this evening?
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
victorDanladi:
The whole senators are very stupid.

Why is it not negotiable?
Because of the oil in Biafra regions.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by bizzibodi(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Abaribe,ekweremadu dey there,dem no go oppose now ooo!
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Jabioro: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
victorDanladi:
The whole senators are very stupid.

Why is it not negotiable?
Birth and Death.. not Lord Lugard house of commotion..
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by luggy(m): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
mind u Senate we are not nigeria, we are Biafra, so marriage is not by force

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by danyaril2yahoo: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
You just said the naked & bitter truth.
taylor88:

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by ozimec(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
sirequity:

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/nigerias-unity-not-negotiable-senate/

This is the statement that has been causing problem. If we really want the unity of this country, there is urgent need for every member that makes up this union to come together and negotiate. I believe that is the only thing that will bring lasting peace and unity. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. We need to talk.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by EnuguDadImoMom: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Luggard na animal
grin
OZAOEKPE:
Luggard na animal
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by davidif: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
eezeribe:
NIGERIA SHOULD BE RESTRUCTURED....
Where there exist equal rights and justice,no body would think of separation...
Buhari's Administration has only created more division than unity.The peaceful existence of the Nigeria state has never been this threatened since the dawn of Democracy.

But what exactly did he do against the ibos? Did you ever hear him say anything bad about ibo people? Did he urge Nigerians to turn against them and kill them? Did he disparage them like Donald Trump did to a certain number of Americans? What exactly did he do or not do? The fact that he didn't appoint many people from the east does not mean he hates people from the East biko.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by davidif: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
highrise07:
Staying together is not by force, let's restructure or part ways. The south cannot feed the north forever , some cannot choose to be beggars while others are working .

You do know that most of Nigeria's agricultural produce like tomato etc do come from the North right? because apart from rice, a lot of Agricultural products don't do well in really wet environs. Not only that but the southern climate allows for a lot of diseases for a lot of Agricultural products. Even livestock like cows suffer from diseases spread by mosquito. So abeg stop sleeping on the North. If they can get there act together, they can truly be an Agricultural force in Nigeria and parts of West Africa and Central Africa.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by chngebeginwthme: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2017
eezeribe:
NIGERIA SHOULD BE RESTRUCTURED....
Where there exist equal rights and justice,no body would think of separation...
Buhari's Administration has only created more division than unity.The peaceful existence of the Nigeria state has never been this threatened since the dawn of Democracy.

Oga shut up we have been a great enemies since 1966 after the coup.. Igbo hated Awolowo so much and South West will never vote an IGBO man no matter what.. When ever an IGBO man try to contest, The Awolowo saga will be play on all yoruba man ear..
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by holyghost(m): 3:23am On Jun 10, 2017
EVERY Social RELATIONSHIP IS NEGOTIABLE, EVEN UNSOCIAL RELATIONSHIP IS NEGOTIABLE ( the victim and victimizer can negotiate a way to end bad situations) your money or your life? can be some of your money or your life? grin

I guess the wise and foolish igbo or ibo man and even south south can be mistaken for igbos therefore everyone should take this treat seriously, and make adequate plan to leave the north or properly prepare to defend himself unto death whenever and wherever the occasion arise (market office on the road and even in his room. be ready to take at least an attacker with you to haven and meet God to settle it there. Be brave! Because death comes but once and no one or group has a monopoly of violence, weapon knows so one.

Go through the history and see that most of the northerners and even the South-Westerners do not really know what they want.
because the igbos have gone and done further than any ethnic group or ethnic nationality in Nigeria to cement brotherhood, they build best houses and business whenever they found themselves (from buying ocean and sand filling to build grand home in Lagos to leveling of sand dome in kano) they bring about social development in the same strike too. if in doubt check out the old Orile iganum and the current one, same with Okota Ijesha, Maza-maza and Amuwo Odofin and Festac extension in Lagos, I don't want to mention Lekki axis we all know what the Ibos (Igbos developers if you like) did. then compare same with Mushin, Isale eko, Oko oba Agege to sango axis and even Ikorodu just read evening news and you can draw conclusion on the areas listed above with most backward uncivilized happening news

e.g man killed and eyes plugged for rituals, Area boys raid street or shops, woman raped at night, and man 50years defile 7 year old girl lured with Agege bread. all forms of odd unbelievable retrogressive news

and where do you read news like New 3 star hotel build by?(Okoro) Man gift his girlfriend a new car, grand opening of Uche Plazza etc?

Ndi-Igbo have always been regarded as second class citizens in deed, indirectly and directly! just like the Black Americans in the USA
it's Systematic maybe unofficial and unwritten but it has been an accepted and practiced code-red since the end of the Nigerian-Biafra Civil War of 1969. the hatred is palpable as soon as you say your names and it sound IBO their face countenance change to 6:30 o'clock(AM or PM) sleepy. they are in a hurry to dismiss you or frustrate you, but WHY? Igbos are bad yet they pay the highest house rental shop or house, they pay higher transportation to and fro to Ibo dominated areas, like Masha, Lawason etc. TEJUOSHO AND OYINBO markets are at lost to Lagos Government because the NDI-IGBO are unwilling to buy. go to markets at ALABA, TRADE FAIR, WARE HOUSE TINCAN APAPA, LADIPO MARKET.
compare with market dominated by Hausas and Yorubas like Mushin, Oyinbo, Alaba rago ojo, suru alaba ojo, Boundary ajegunle, Ijora Badia, Pen cinema Agege, Ikorodu, Ojota mile12, Itire Bariga, so unclean unkempt and disorganized, they cook and sleep in some of the markets

prove me wrong and list out Federal Government presence(built assets) in all the regions and compare same with the South-East region or states
in the same manner other Ethnic nationalities in Nigeria should also list there businesses and properties in the Igbo nation (the South-East Governors would have and should used this major neglect by Federal as their joint barging chips irrespective of their party affiliations) they should also form consortium and develop Roads and toll them for the development of their states(joint water broad, joint industrial layouts at their interstate bounders will make sense that each state going solo with huge project and fail to complete them. they can build interstate dual carriage ways to link themselves and open up the South-East, Tourist and youth recreational centers and produce Stars. let it be know that the Federal Government plan is to under develop the South-East. Am not pro Biafra but hey they are right because they feel neglected.

If the Federal Government will be wise and develop each region Nigeria will be great no region that is lacking in resources and human capital,
if they can't am begging them to consider outsourcing (to import) governance to Indians, Chinese and Germans consortium and see what will happen in just 5 years.
They will clearly and accurately map out our resources make projection and balance our books and business will take shape, the Generals and cabal will still have their percentage coming if not even flowing to them with much ease and Nigeria will remain stable too (win-win for all)

The Ndi-Igbos should use this opportunity well and put their foot down, for a clear cut referendum, restructuring and possible constitutional backing or accommodation of protection and compensations of life and properties from warring youths of the north and south west.

Anytime the youths of the North and South-West wants to[b] loot and rape[/b] they go for Ndi-Igbos and in the end no one is jailed and no guarantee it won't happen again or a compensation to Propitiate and as a palliative measures for the lost of life and properties on the side of the targeted victims (be it Ndi-Igbos, Christians or any non indigenes may suffer from Indigenous groups or State official fiat with bad socioeconomically but political motivated and unwarranted affliction)

to this I call the Good people of The North, the South-West and Igbos and all the Good and God fearing Minds to press it on the Government and especially our bicameral Legislators to as a matter of urgency enact laws that will make it mandatory, for victims to receive compensations and unhindered access to health and basic needs to ameliorate the pains of ethnic brutality visited on non indeigenes, if possible their should be a clear formula to make every government organ fill the impact so that they will be on the watch to prevent further and future accordance,

e.g Federal government will own 40%
State Government will pay 30%
and Local Government will pay 20%
and political office holders will make 10%

this way the all will see the sense in keeping the peace and prosecuting the parties involve to the full extent of the law

Same for resource control, the people should own a giving percent in the resources of their state or local governments and pay tax.

if Mr. A and Mr. X are from Lagos mainland local government and buy to own a share of 1% in any company or resources located in their Local Government Area (LGA) They will be willing to expose any act of sabotage or vandalism that may want to befall the company or the illegal mining of the resource because they have direct and indirect interest in the affairs of the companies or resources in that their local government, and may suffer direct lost if any bad operation befall the normal operations of the companies and resources.

so if you own a share from the resources or big company in your local government that gives you about 10k monthly or even yearly, will you want to loose it to bad guys in your community that wants to spoil show? oh No you will give info that will give them out to the police.

In fact, they will blow the whistle so loud that the police have no choice but to arrest the bad guys and will not even think of taking bribe

Nigeria need to move on to greater things not i be Ibo or i be Yoruba or Hausa. i see sane people do business with insane people because of common interest. yes madmen give lucky number to gamblers of baba ijabu and nairabet, all they want is win win situation,
if this can happen in Nigeria there is hope and there is God, all i want is to see Nigerian and in fact all the human race unite, If the sky is large enough to contain all the stars so how big are we?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by vannessa7(f): 3:44am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=goaldynboy post=57360824]

Leave how they will govern themselves to the Biafrans! It does not lie in your mouth to say what is good for them! Why do you take panadol for another man's headache? Must you people talk in what does not concern you?

And what do you mean by chewing more than you can bite? All Nigerians should work towards peaceful disintegration; because if this country is plunged into war, everyone in the nooks and cranny of this zoo will definitely feel it! This is 2017 and not 1967! At this age, even a teen can log into the internet and fabricate bombs, chemical weapons, etc! See what is happening in Syria today, no side of the war is enjoying it!

One Yoruba guy was boasting that Nigeria Military has acquired a number jet fighters and can mercilessly deal with Igbos as they did in 1967! My answer to that is that it will only take a backing and/or agreement of a super power (America or Russia) to subjugate Nigeria Army in a minute! Nigeria does not have half of the military might of Ukraine, but when Russia made up their mind, they took cremea effortlessly!

Some stupid people here have been harping that Igbos should pack their loads from north to east in support of the recent ultimatum given by some northern youth miscreants! You don't put the cart before the horse! The Federal Govt should first grant Biafra Independence; stop taxing Biafrans; Cease further exploitation and pillaging of Biafran resources; define the boundary of the two countries, withdraw their military and Police from Biafraland , etc! It's after these are done, that asking Igbos to leave the north will make sense!

I have also read a lot of lazy oafs prodding Igbos to leave their properties (without compensation) and return to east! They are like vultures waiting to pounce on hard earned properties of the Igbos with their lazy asses! They are quite ignorant to know that (except countries under military regime), a foreigner has the right to his property in another country! They ignorantly don't know that there are international laws governing secession and fragmentation of countries! Take for instance there are over four million Yoruba's living in UK alone, most of them owning multi-billion dollars properties! So because I'm a Biafrans (and there is actualization of Republic of Biafra), you feel you can seize my property in Lagos while you freely acquire properties in UK, USA, Europe, Ghana, SA, etc! It doesn't work that way! It won't work! We will table the matter with United Nations and persuade other countries to likewise confiscate the properties of 'remnant Nigerians' all over the world, if they dare go that direction!

This reaction is for all those ignoramus in nairaland stoking the ember of conflict! Since the so called northern miscreant released their ultimatum, they have been senselessly exciting and masturbating all the places!!

have you ever seen a married couple that Divorced without one of them moving out first, your agitation for secession cannot be taken seriously until you guys make a concrete move, you claim you want to divorce that marriage is not by force but you are still sleeping with the man, collecting his money and cooking for him, as for the various igbo investments you don't necessarily have to lose them, you can sell them or determine what you will do with them later after you have achieved Your Biafra, although many properties have been lost due to unrest in the north, my aunty lost a house in the north when she had to pass through forest to escape killings in the north and I have Ibo friends that experience same, but that will only happen in a war situation.
you cannot demand or expect the Federal government to do all those things you said because you are the one agitating for secession. it does not make sense, you must necessarily pay a price for every prize, you are asking for divorce but you don't want to pack out because you are enjoying the benefits of the marriage and you expect to be taken seriously, it doesn't work that way, your agitation so far has been a noise pollution, just causing unrest and sensationalism. when you are really ready to leave we will know and the whole world will know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by davidif: 5:15am On Jun 10, 2017
taylor88:

Says who? If countries as diverse as the United States Malaysia, Indonesia and even Israel can succeed and thrive
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by HiddenShadow: 5:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Where are all the Afonjas who said, go to the senate and insert secession in the constitution

None of them showed up here

Vayne
Pazienza
Amarabae
Godisbiafran
hammer6
ezeuche
ucheEze
taylor88
enugudadimomum
OZAOEKPE
nigeriansvoice
holyghost
new2020

iphunanya
Bishop1monte
Ehimzy
coolzeal
Lush100
newsheriffintown
Allee90
CosmicJames

aloeplant
BlackOnassis
kkristo7a
asunmoGGMU
mubyRumo2004
ragiluhivo
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2017
peacereign:
This is y the Northern Youth are running their mouth, becos they think the constitution does not provide for referendum and their National Assembly members will never allow for a simple referendum.

As with everything destined by God, though it might appear delayed but it is never denied.

The Zoo will know no peace until the rising of the Sun.

My friend, stop yapping like a mad dog; Igbos don't need a referendum to get out of Nigeria, all you need is to vote with you feet; just pack your load and get out of other ppl's land - let Kanu give the order just like he gave the sit at home order and all of you obeyed.

As at now, northern youths are tired of Igbo insults and blackmail; while being the biggest beneficiary of One Nigeria - so pls just get out out of the north, no need for a referendum; if you must then by all means do that in Igboland to assess how many of you truly want Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by ONYII4TRUT: 7:17am On Jun 10, 2017
dapyd1:

Tnx for ur common sense. The igbos r not stupid. Or do u think they have not considered all these? So u have monopoly of knowledge. Pls stop going this way we are tired of being 2nd hand citizen in d so called nigeria. You may not c an unemployed graduate in d whole of d core hausa/fulani north but in fact the unemployed in east outnumber every other zone in nigeria. We have more graduates yet top government positions go to d north, how many fed govt top infrastructure are in d east, aw many states do we have, r d west and south south more populated than d east? D list goes on and on. Y r they rejecting restructuring of nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by ONYII4TRUT: 7:28am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=vannessa7 post=57368963][/quote]

U r a daft. Do u even think logically. So b4 uk conducted a referendum all scotish ppl in England had to go back to scotland. Pls b wise not to be biased.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by slap1(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Ojiofor:
Statement like Nigeria's unity not negotiable is undemocratic.

And very stupid, not just undemocratic.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Adiola(f): 8:04am On Jun 10, 2017
vecman22:

U forgot drug trafficking
where is dammy crane from
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2017
dapyd1:

Thank you
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=vannessa7 post=57368963][/quote] Bitch Please
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate by orisa37: 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
IGP & DSS, I HOPE YOU HEARD THE NASS. SO THERE IS NO Hmmm. ANYONE WHO CALLS HIMSELF BIAFRA, BOKOHARAM AND FULANI HERDSMEN should be deported and sugabanded out of Nigeria.
Nigeria is legitimately for Nigerians only.
All Trespassers such as Nnamdi Kanu, Asari Dokubo, Uwazirike, Foul mouthed Miyeti Arabs etcetra shall be prosecuted and jettissoned to Cameroon, Equitorial Guinea, Chad and Niger Republic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server / Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa / Seek Legal Redress If Dissatisfied With Election Outcome, Ajimobi Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.