Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? (21013 Views)

Girl Who Refused To Refund Man After He Mistakenly Sent N950k Is Arrested. / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by appswift: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Lokoyen(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
Jabioro:
Go with your lawyer.. nothing will happen, is media case already.. two or three friends can along with you recording devices..

Go with a lawyer simple....we simply don't know our rights in this country.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
If I Were You I Will Appreciate Him And Call His Attention To The Name Of That Officer And Security Of Your Life When U Show Up Or Consult A Human Right
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by hero2000: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
I advise you to go after taking necessary precautions. Clearly the authorities won't do anything against you. Why would they ask you to come in the first place.
Those who may wish you harm are the colleagues of the corrupt policeman. So if you would go-of course in the companies of lawyers or media people- don't go home straight. This is to remove the possibility of trailing you.
Be a HERO! May God protect you.

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by isnovic(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Guy it was suppose to be anonymous tip to getting corrupt officer.

Make no mistake you are already targeted for assault for showing such nerve.

If the police officers name is not enough to identify him what else would. If you have his police number further send them.

Appreciate the effort of the Area Inspector of Police to rid the force of the bad eggs within it, but respectfully decline for security fears with strong emphasis on your remaining anonymous.

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Belive Me is A Nairaland Member
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by tdayof(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:
I reported some greedy police officer that collected money(bribe) from me to the Assistant Commissioner Of Police @yomishogunle twitter handle by dint of PCRRU, just now i received a call from the Area Commander to come identify the officer involved and assured my money will be refunded even after mentioning the Officer involved.......

Please Nairalander should i proceed or not?

Bro, go there. Open a monitoring thread here on Nairaland if you're scared. Update us with pictures from your journey to the police station. If anything happens which am sure nothing will happen and no update from you. Nairalanders will flood @policeNG on twitter.

Police is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Lokoyen(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:
Thanks all...

Nothing will happen to you.Many of such complaints av been trashed here on nairaland.

We rw d voice and now that the case is now being discussed here no one will harm u. Best is go dee with 2 persons (lawyer and any of ur reputable friends).
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Larrykaysail(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
What are you waiting for? Go and collect ur money,
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Impersonation is saying that you are Mr Gani Fahwemi when you are NOT... they cannot bring up an impersonation charge if you say he bring his friend and says he is his lawyer.... remember in the court of law ANYBODY can be your lawyer, the person DOES NOT have to be a BARRISTER (someone that has finished law school)!

Impersonation has to do with identity theft!

The keyword is saying he is YOUR lawyer and NOT saying he is a Barrister!

Claiming he is a Barrister is where the problem is... saying he is your lawyer is PERFECTLY fine under the law!

The law allows you or someone that is NOT a Barrister (completed law school) to represent you in a civil or criminal case! That is NOT impersonation!... go figure!

specter:
That's impersonation,if discovered will make matter worse.

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by chigo003(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmm, he that is eating with the devil must eat with a long spoon. It's a rare possibility that the officer will be around when you go. If you must go, then go with a lawyer.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by oweman: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Truth there might be very many corrupt polimen / women but surely there are far more dishonest Nigerians outside the police if not so i dont see reason why he should not go identify the takerof the money he complain about its very likely the writter is a criminal hiding behind a faceless nairaland signature !

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by LordOfNaira: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:
I reported some greedy police officer that collected money(bribe) from me to the Assistant Commissioner Of Police @yomishogunle twitter handle by dint of PCRRU, just now i received a call from the Area Commander to come identify the officer involved and assured my money will be refunded even after mentioning the Officer involved.......

If you have a lawyer, inform him/her.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by cybriz82(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:
Bro,i really appreciate this comment, thanks.. .Am also thinking of the risk involved.. ..

N yet u go find trouble wey u no fit finish abi?
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by STJAM(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
My Candid advice go this way;

1. Do you have clear media evidence like (recorded video or pictures taken during the bribery transaction with the police officer)?

2. Do you have at least 1 or 2 witness that can support you and affirmed your allegation level against the police officer?

Only if you have clear video, photos or atleast one witness as an evidence before honouring the invitation otherwise if there is no any!

(PLEASE DON'T GO)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS is NAIJA not abroad.ooo
SNUB THE INVITATION AND LET d matter DIED.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by poseidon12: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
tellwisdom:
U asked for help and help has come, now u refused to come forward to come collect it. U Nigerians eh....Na when we go stand on our feet and not fear death.?

We are very cowardly over here. And it's probably because young men are not required to serve in the military. That's why I would prefer that the NYSC be converted to mandatory military service.

2 Likes

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by kwaso2: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:

Go and get ur money back. I don't see why u are scared. If u are afraid, go with a lawyer. My view is that if u are not a wanted person, why are u unsure to go?
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by fof1: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
NubiLove:

Do the remaining... tell them to send pictures and you can identify... if you must go to the station, go with someone and introduce the person as your lawyer.... it doesnt have to be an actual lawyer

PLS DON'T INTRODUCE SOMEBODY AS A LAWYER WHO IS NOT. THAT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE OF IMPERSONATION. GO WITH A QUALIFIED PRATISING LAWYER. ALSO, SEEK D ASSURANCES OF D A.COMMANDER FOR UR SAFETY AFTER D EVENTS. SANITISING D NIGERIA POLICE WILL REQUIRE SOME OF THESE STEPS AND ACTIONS. PLS.

1 Like

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by vanderbolt: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Pls bro don't go pls. Nigeria police are not civilized. That police officer you point will come after you in next 20 years. Is better for you to live a free life than to live with 20k and still live in fear. Beware bro
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by poseidon12: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
You should honor the invitation. But go with a lawyer and be sure that you are saying the truth. That policeman is in trouble.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by dederocs(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
Send them your account number.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
Impersonation is saying that you are Mr Gani Fahwemi when you are NOT... they cannot bring up an impersonation charge if you say he bring his friend and says he is his lawyer.... remember in the court of law ANYBODY can be your lawyer, the person DOES NOT have to be a BARRISTER (someone that has finished law school)!

Impersonation has to do with identity theft!

The keyword is saying he is YOUR lawyer and NOT saying he is a Barrister!

Claiming he is a Barrister is where the problem is... saying he is your lawyer is PERFECTLY fine under the law!

The law allows you or someone that is NOT a Barrister (completed law school) to represent you in a civil or criminal case! That is NOT impersonation!... go figure!

fof1:

PLS DON'T INTRODUCE SOMEBODY AS A LAWYER WHO IS NOT. THAT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE OF IMPERSONATION. GO WITH A QUALIFIED PRATISING LAWYER. ALSO, SEEK D ASSURANCES OF D A.COMMANDER FOR UR SAFETY AFTER D EVENTS. SANITISING D NIGERIA POLICE WILL REQUIRE SOME OF THESE STEPS AND ACTIONS. PLS.

kunletexs:
oga, wait, you go with someone who is not a lawyer and they now ask the person say show us your particulars then the so called lawyer now start to dey shake, ore you don enter one chance.

police go say since you lie for now in police station what makes them believe say you are not a liar for the money wey bring you there? na then you know say if police slap you, you go run 50 km in that station you are just started warm up be dat.

and if the man be correct lawyer ko, you never hear say lawyer dey visit cell behind?

ore just thank them and go your way gegele

Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by iluvpomo(m): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nigeria police is indeed your friend ...NOT!
Imagine this, the OP had to give bribe to them and then upon reporting it, is invited by the commish to go to the police station to get his money back. He is now validly apprehensive of going into the lion's den station to get back his stolen money for fear of what will happen next undecided
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by bellotaofeek: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
Police is your friend, but they never mention "a good friend" it's better you don't go •
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
Taeewo:

Dude, I'm very pro-LEO but I'm also a responsible citizen.

Tell him that you've done your part as a good citizen and reporting the crime, that any money recovered should be donated to charity.

Don't step foot in the police station.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Fhowe: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
GO AND COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND USE IT TO ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND UNLESS YOU DID NOT WORK FOR THAT MONEY SINCE THEY ARE INVITING YOU OVER KINDLY GO ,WE CANT KEEP ENCOURAGING SUCH ACTS IN THE POLICE FORCE OP PLEASE GO NOTHING CAN HAPPEN TO YOU POLICE IS HUMAN TOO.THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN PUT THIS PEOPLE ON CHECK AND BALANCE AND I KNOW THAT OFFICER WILL BE DISMISSED
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by mastermaestro(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
Is your business legitimate? What prompted their squeezing such an amount out of you? If you had skeletons in your cupboard, please don't go. It's very rare for law enforcement outfits to expose one of their own to public scrutiny or ridicule. Don't go unless you can identify the officer involved. If you failed to identify him, your woes may just become a labyrinth.
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by effty(m): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
T
Taeewo:
Bro,i really appreciate this comment, thanks.. .Am also thinking of the risk involved.. ..
There is no risk involved. I also think you to be a coward who decides to run away from the complaint u made. Why did make the complaint in the first instance?
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by kunletexs: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
oga, wait, you go with someone who is not a lawyer and they now ask the person say show us your particulars then the so called lawyer now start to dey shake, ore you don enter one chance.

police go say since you lie for now in police station what makes them believe say you are not a liar for the money wey bring you there? na then you know say if police slap you, you go run 50 km in that station you are just started warm up be dat.

and if the man be correct lawyer ko, you never hear say lawyer dey visit cell behind?

ore just thank them and go your way gegele

NubiLove:

Do the remaining... tell them to send pictures and you can identify... if you must go to the station, go with someone and introduce the person as your lawyer.... it doesnt have to be an actual lawyer
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
amuokuko:

U see why nigeria will neva be good.
How do we sanitize the system if everyone is scared of doing the right thing.

The sanitization shouldn't start with the op biko
Re: Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? by kennlynx: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
kindly forward your bank account details for them to deposit the said refund to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Migrant Stabs Her Baby To Death In Germany / Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles / 25 Nigerians Arrested In Spain For ‘Sex Trafficking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.