Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Dreamweaver vs FrontPage - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dreamweaver vs FrontPage (6663 Views)

Download 5 Free Ebooks - PHP, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver And Javascript / Help Pls!! How Do I Connect Oracle With Dreamweaver Using Php Server? / Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by brushparke(m): 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2006
Frontpage is excellent development tool. But there are a couple of limitations that can make web development really annoying.
Not until i realised frontpage has some problem with php. Frontpage can really frustrate your development
efforts when it comes to php.For every other work, i think it;s good.
So for me , i still use both.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by mikebuddy(m): 10:34am On Jan 17, 2006
Posted by: Farriel
Insert Quote
Hmmm, what does the term mature being used in this context mean? That it's been around longer than Dreamweaver, or that it's being used by older people?
Think well get ur dictionary.At last u will know what i mean.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by dejiolowe: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2006
@brushparke what about perl, cfml, ruby on rails, jsp? frontpage is not it at all...
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by yummy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2006
I was reading a book on HTML recently and it says frontpage is ok but don't compare to 'dreamwaever' or 'go...' (the adobe one, can't remember d name). so let no one say it's matured or whatever. what else can be matured if not what is advanced? dreamweaver is for advanced users!
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by mikebuddy(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2006
grin grin grin
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by bebe6(f): 6:53am On Jan 27, 2006
I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Dreamweaver! I am forced to learn it (programming) to a certain extent so.....gotta love it (NOT!) angry
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by mikebuddy(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2006
i love tha 2.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by africanboy(m): 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2006
I prefer Dreamweaver, but runs "unexcusably" slow as compared to FrontPage. For professional development, DW is d obvious choice, with support for server extensions and the like. But when I need to mock up a page real fast, i use FP. It runs faster.

And I have used both on PIII and PIV, so i think i kow what ma saying
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by timmy(m): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2006
wink i agree
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by mikebuddy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2006
Hey who's gonna teach me PHP?,i still know da topic oh.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by coolblue(m): 3:14am On Feb 25, 2006
ok!!!! we get it already.
Personally i aint used fp in 5 years,
it was way to regular and couldnt expand on my visions so i guess i cant make an objective classification on its weaknesses.

Truth be told, on any level DW rocks, and if u cant feel that cos u is afraid of a little learning then , PELE!!!
besides which its seamless integration with real web development tools and not stuff like word or excel seem to carry more weight with me. but as i always say
"who made me judge"
DW 4 life
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by Farriel(m): 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2006
Mike, you suggested my checking up a dictionary to know what you mean by FrontPage "is more mature men."? Really, I know what the word mature means, but I can't imagine what anyone would mean by saying an application is more mature. Can you please explain that? I'm really confused there, honestly.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by sbucareer(f): 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2006

How can you compare BMW with Ford motors? The differences are too much, the odds stocking at Front Page. Front Page is dead that is why Microsoft is campaigning heavily on Microsoft Visual Studio for web application development whether it is static/dynamic web page creation.

Dreamweaver is the king of multimedia rendering both on the web and standalone application. You can use director to practically create movies. Film industry might be using director as their film editor tool or other complex tool. The thing is that macromedia is king of visual rendering on the web. Most of the games you'd played on the net MUST have required shockwave, flash player, authorware player etc to render rich graphical view of the application.

Dreamweaver as of today in my personal opinion is the best HTML editor in the market. It has remote/local host connection using ftp, RDF server, Local Server and it connect to any SQL database and has JavaScript code builder incorporated and many more features.

If you are seriously thinking about learning HTML and some dynamic script use dreamweaver as it has the default template of PHP, ASP, JSP, CSS, ASP.NET VB. ASP.NET C#, ASP VBScript, ASP JavaScript, ColdFusion. You can work straight into flash, fireworks, director, paintbrush and other complex graphic solution.

The application is just too much, dreamweaver.

Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by Viper(m): 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2006
so all ofyou just denied frontpage like that cry

ok frontpage i will support you!!

FRONTPAGE IS THE BEST JO! grin

BEFORE THE ADOBE MACROMEDIA MERGER,
, DREAMWEAVER RULED !!

NOW,
IT STILL RULES cool
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by Farriel(m): 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2006
A great degree of diverging interest there, I just might add. Are you in for DW or FP? Or rather, based on your usage of both apps, which does the job for you?
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by timmy(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2006
FRONTPAGE IS THE WAY,THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE grin
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by Asonye: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2006
I am a new menber of this forum , but i hv more interest in programming because is what i hv chosen to do.
In wed design, I USE notepad because i like writing codes , cool page and front page together and it gives me what i want.
I belive GOD my software will be published and urge i everybody to anchor on writing codes not wizards that is what programming is all about.
cool
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by smartsoft(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2006
don't tell me you don't use any software to preview your work i sorry for you ooooooooooooooo
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by my2cents(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2006
There was a time, at least in the atlanta - USA area, that even mentioning frontpage on ur cv/resume wouldn't not even get you an interview grin

I personally prefer neither. I want something that gives me *total* control - doesn't add fluff that I may not need, takes a long time to load up cos of all the widgets, some of which you may not even use. That means "down and dirty" notepad or Macromedia homesite. Yeah, I know, I am old school, but hey, it works for me cool

If I had a gun to my head though, I would go for dreamweaver. What I like in particular is the preview which lets you click on a part of a page you are working on and it automatically takes you to the line of code in the source file.
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by food4tot: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2006
@topic,

Dreamweaver is good, you learn more about web design using dreamweaver. Frontpage, what's that? undecided
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by molluma(f): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2006
ouch u are makin me feel dumb.i use front page never tried dreamweaver.i thjink i should re think
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by my2cents(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2006
I am sure it cd b argued either way, but this article sums it up nicely. I cdnt have said it better myself smiley

Basically dreamweaver vs frontpage is like wheat and chaff. Thatz my 2 cents anyway:

http://www.pointafter.com/Archives/nl0202.htm

Enjoy!!
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by pie1ect(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2006
Ok, I have to eat humble pie and accept Dreamweaver as the king of wysiwyg.
Just switched to Dreamweaver recently and I must say, it's a great software for that purpose.

BTW, anyone used Nvu successfully?
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by gilroy(m): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for sharing Much help information I am not an old user of Dreamweaver but I like it, I think its easy for me and simply I love it.
Thanks
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by sleekdude1(m): 4:31am On Sep 29, 2009
yea! yea! yea!, this is not supposed to b a debate cos it is just obvious dat dreamweaver is FAR FAR FAR(with the capital letter) more advance than Microsoft frontpage, Nice thread though. aaaaaaaaaam

PLS IS THERE ANY .NET WEB PROGRAMMER HERE. WE NEED TO TALK ASAP, PLS HIT ME UP 08028292374 08039558664. I HAVE GOT A JOB 4 U,
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by sweetmadam(f): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2010
Dreamweaver is definitely better but i do not us eit as it puts so much garbage in the code. When i do have to use it for design, i have to do a manual clean up. Half of the generated tags are usually unneccessary.

I am an old school programmer and raw coding rocks
Re: Dreamweaver vs FrontPage by tunde121oke: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2010
Bleep frotpage maybe wha we ned is frontpage 2050

(1) (2) (Reply)

DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! / Why Do HTML5 Mobile Apps Have A Bad Reputation (cordova / Phonegap)? / Tracking Position Via The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.